Is anyone doing early preparations for Black Friday?

Tarmax4

I love coming to gotta deal forums. No one else (family & co-workers) understand my excitement for BF. I would like to know how my GD family is doing their early prep! I'm making sure my camping heater works. I'm buying a portable TV. Today I went on Best Buy media trade-in website. I traded in all of the old DVD & video games my family had lying around/collecting dust for a total of $100 (best buy gift card)!!!!! Anyone else doing anything special?

Sent from my iPad using GottaDeal

DD wanted a Nintendo DSi but we are going to get her a 3DS instead. Starting this coming week we are going to be putting 15.00 aside for the next 13 weeks. On the week of Oct. 15, we are going to layaway a red 3DS at Kmart and pick it up the week of Dec. 15. IF the 3DS has a price drop for Black Friday, we can get the price adjustment then and we will go ahead and pick i up then as well.

I have been making list, setting money aside weekly and trying to figure out my budget. If I try to talk to anyone around here about BF they just roll their eyes like I'm crazy. I have been reading some of the older years post and the old ads, just for fun.

Well lets see I have put money up for Wal-mart, Target, and Kmart as I end up every year at these stores. There is a couple of mall stores I will have to go to I am sure as my kids are getting older now. I still have to put money up for that. I have already had my kids start making their christmas lists that way I can get an idea for them. Now I get to just sit and wait till the ads come out. I am afraid it will be like last year when walmart had some of the electronics for cheapers the week before christmas. They wasn't really cheaper but they had really good incentives with them. *shrug*

I have been putting money and change aside, the week of BF I bring all my change to the bank and cash it in.

Throughout the year, I earn rewards on my credit/debit cards and I redeem them for gift cards for Target and Best Buy.

Those are GREAT ideas!!!

Anytime I clean out my purse, all loose change at the bottom or even in my wallet goes into a jar. Btw, I clean it every few weeks.

Keebelf- Has your daughter played the 3DS? Some stores have demo units that you can play. When we played it, it felt awkward and gave us a headache. It was also difficult to maintain the 3D effect when you had to tilt the game. If she hasn't already I would definitely have her try it first. Just to make sure she doesn't have any issues with it.

If she has played it then I'm sure she'll be excited to get it for Christmas!

Keebelf- Has your daughter played the 3DS? Some stores have demo units that you can play. When we played it, it felt awkward and gave us a headache. It was also difficult to maintain the 3D effect when you had to tilt the game. If she hasn't already I would definitely have her try it first. Just to make sure she doesn't have any issues with it.

She probably has played a DS or a DSi from her friends but she doesn't have anything. I do know that you can adjust the 3D and even turn it off so that might help her. I am not going to let her play it at a store unless she does it without me knowing. When she first told me that she wanted one (she actually wants a DSi) I told her flat out NO. But I have been doing research on it and I am going to get her one.

We have been doing the Dave Ramsey Money Makeover for the past 2 years, off and on and we HAVE to save money up starting during the summer. My Son's birthday is Nov. 26 and then we have Christmas and then my Daughters is Jan. 13. We usually try to get at least one big money present for Christmas for them both and then little stuff. 2 years ago it was bikes fro both of them (paying cash that we had saved up) and for my DD's birthday it was a 250.00 Doctor Who TARDIS birthday cake (about 2' high, 3-D version). We wouldn't have been able to do any of that if we hadn't saved up.

Chris has a little doo-dad from work that is a dial and has all the months and you can pick a starting date and find out how many weeks away another date is. It comes in handy when trying to save up weekly.

Just FYI many kids get motion sickness/headaches/nausea using the 3D one.If your kids are sensitive to this stuff...beware

I already had 20.00 in amazon gift cards. I spent about 15.00 on my daughter's bday though. I am hoping to have at least another 20.00 before thanksgiving.

I have 15.00 in target gift cards. I save my change and will cash it in a couple of weeks before BF.

I am expecting to get money back from school so I will use it for Christmas also.

Edited by Brad

lol, glad to see I'm not the only 1 who has been preparing. I am getting my team together for this year and working on getting all the gear prepared. Not sure if Old Navy will be open Thanksgiving Day and midnight BF like last year. In the past the entire mall was closed and we'd have to go to the local dinner to go to the bathroom. Last year with Old Navy right next door to Best Buy in the mall, they let people in to use their bathroom and warm up a bit rather than getting bored on the line all day. If not, I still have my old gear such as propane heater, etc. Amazing how many friends I get every year by letting people who didn't know what they were in for warm up their hands by the heater, lol. The location I go to is actually mall property so they don't allow tents, generators, or many of the other things many of you bring. Just a few chairs, water jugs, heater, a small table, and a few other minor things is about all they've ever allowed.

She probably has played a DS or a DSi from her friends but she doesn't have anything. I do know that you can adjust the 3D and even turn it off so that might help her. I am not going to let her play it at a store unless she does it without me knowing. When she first told me that she wanted one (she actually wants a DSi) I told her flat out NO. But I have been doing research on it and I am going to get her one.

We have been doing the Dave Ramsey Money Makeover for the past 2 years, off and on and we HAVE to save money up starting during the summer. My Son's birthday is Nov. 26 and then we have Christmas and then my Daughters is Jan. 13. We usually try to get at least one big money present for Christmas for them both and then little stuff. 2 years ago it was bikes fro both of them (paying cash that we had saved up) and for my DD's birthday it was a 250.00 Doctor Who TARDIS birthday cake (about 2' high, 3-D version). We wouldn't have been able to do any of that if we hadn't saved up.

Chris has a little doo-dad from work that is a dial and has all the months and you can pick a starting date and find out how many weeks away another date is. It comes in handy when trying to save up weekly.

LOVE Dave Ramsey. Works like a Charm. :) My son just got his 3DS for his Birthday. He doesn't play the 3D part often but it can be turn off or adjusted to a lower setting. Rayman 3DS is a sweet game that him and I both play in 3D and it does not give us a headache. We have had DS, Dsi, DSiXL and now the 3DS. I by FAR think the 3DS is the best one yet. If you do decide to get her a DSi I would suggest the XL because the screen is bigger and easier to view!

I just moved, so I have been scoping out my route! I also added a countdown widget to my desktop!

I did the same thing 6 years ago and had to recheck my routes, lol. Before I moved all the stores were scattered all over the city, many of them a 20 minute drive between them. I picked my main stores with the best deals and found out where they were clustered together. Even though it was a 45 minute drive to get there, all my primary stores were within a mile of that location. Now in a 5 mile stretch I have 90% of the stores that have BF sales, couldn't be better.

I did the same thing 6 years ago and had to recheck my routes, lol. Before I moved all the stores were scattered all over the city, many of them a 20 minute drive between them. I picked my main stores with the best deals and found out where they were clustered together. Even though it was a 45 minute drive to get there, all my primary stores were within a mile of that location. Now in a 5 mile stretch I have 90% of the stores that have BF sales, couldn't be better.

I'm trying to look at things that were on sale and try to figure out what's going to be on sale this year I'm so excited

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

• 2 weeks later...
I've been saving money in a Christmas fund since last blackfriday. The kids are typing out their "wants" and comparison shopping; when the ads finally come out they'll compare their prices to the bf prices. Just having problems figuring out a gift for a 3 year old girl that has about everything

I've been saving money in a Christmas fund since last blackfriday. The kids are typing out their "wants" and comparison shopping; when the ads finally come out they'll compare their prices to the bf prices. Just having problems figuring out a gift for a 3 year old girl that has about everything

Disney movies work for that age group. Get the Bluray editions that also have the DVD.

I am getting my list together of who I have to buy for and what I have to buy. I am also looking at prices of certain things so I know what is a good deal when the ads come out.

I am hoping to do that THIS weekend before I leave for Disney next week.