Is anyone doing early preparations for Black Friday?

Tarmax4

I can't believe that the bank sent out the Christmas club checks already. Mine came yesterday!! I put it away and will cash it closer to BF. I am still trying to save but I guess I'll have to stash in a drawer now.

My credit union transfers the $$ in your Christmas Club account to your savings on Oct 1st. I leave it there and will transfer as needed.

I have been redeeming discounted gift cards from my credit card reward programs in the last couple weeks. I am also converting my Staples gift cards (which must be used in store) into rewards (by purchasing 100% back in reward items) so that I can use either in store or online.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing 6 years ago and had to recheck my routes, lol. Before I moved all the stores were scattered all over the city, many of them a 20 minute drive between them. I picked my main stores with the best deals and found out where they were clustered together. Even though it was a 45 minute drive to get there, all my primary stores were within a mile of that location. Now in a 5 mile stretch I have 90% of the stores that have BF sales, couldn't be better.

I could drive about an hour and have every store with a BF sale within a small radius, but then I will be dealing with a lot of people. If I stay where I am I will deal with a LOT less people, but we don't have a few stores (JCP, TRU, Office Max/Office Depot). We do have BB, WM, Lowes, Menards, Kohls, Younkers, Shopko, Target, and others.

So my question is, is it worth sacrificing a few stores to avoid the headache of 10 times more people?