Taking out of your hands or cart?

drmy91

It's never happened to me but it did happen to a friend of mine. She had two DVD players at Walmart and another shopper tried to take on of them from her. The shoppers reason for doing this? My friend had two DVD players and according to the shopper, she only needed one.

I have to tell a funny story, it was after Halloween at Walmart one year and of course the candy was in carts all lined up. So I started going through one of the carts when this lady ran over and said "hey, thats my cart". I love candy but this cart must of had hundreds of bags in it.....Everyone stopped and just looked at this lady and all the candy in her cart. I think they thought like I did it was another cart of candy......Jill

Guest Deals4Me

I have to tell a funny story, it was after Halloween at Walmart one year and of course the candy was in carts all lined up. So I started going through one of the carts when this lady ran over and said "hey, thats my cart". I love candy but this cart must of had hundreds of bags in it.....Everyone stopped and just looked at this lady and all the candy in her cart. I think they thought like I did it was another cart of candy......Jill

jeezus....if she wasnt diabetic already, she was aiming for it!:sidesplit

A couple of years agao at our local Tagret two grown women were fighting over the last Stereo which was located on the top shelf...they were both standing on one of those ladder step things...anyway while fighting it dropped to the floor hitting a kid in the head before crashing to the floor. Needless to say the police were called. What are people thinking when they behave like this? BF must be like drugs to some people...lol:)

This has never happened to me - nor have I witnessed any crazy behavior. I have noticed people eyeing the contents of my cart before.

But I've always gone shopping with hubby and at 6'1" hes no lightweight. Anyone tempted must have changed their minds.

Or they just didn't like what I had in my cart! :)

This year I'll be on my own - so we'll see how it goes. It may be on like donkey kong!

Of course I would never get into an actual fight - just not worth it to me.

A couple years ago at Wal-mart, I had a Lite-Bright taken out of my cart. I had three and was standing with my back to the cart trying to get to a My Scene barbie and when I turned around I saw the guy running down the isle with it. I figured that if he was going to steal something out of someone's cart- he needed it more than I did! I just laughed with my friend and chalked it up to BF craziness.

I use the flatbeds at WalMart every year and a lady tried to take one of my Hummers off of it two years ago. It shocked me and I just pushed her back and told her that they were mine.lol I would NEVER take something out of someone's cart, there are BF rules which should be followed.lol I went through so much to get the Game Cube that same year, my mom held our place in check out so that I could go back to electronics and try one more time. It would have been the first thing on my list that I had not been able to get, ever!!! I ran back there and they had just brought them out. There were only about 13 of them and about 100-150 people waiting on them. Two fist fights broke out over them. While they were fighting and trying to get security over there, I just went low and reached through the crowd and got two of them. When I got back in line, my mom had been talking to the people behind her and telling them how determined I was to get those games. The lady reached around me and tried to take one of them out of my hands, in fun. Before I could stop myself, I almost slapped the poo out of her. Then I felt bad but the incident over the Hummers was still fresh on my mind.lol She actually thought it was funny.

Nope and it BETTER not. I would be one of those crazy women you heard about during the Cabbage Patch days...lol.:2bat:

OMG!!! I forgot about those days. I remember little old ladies getting postal over those dolls. When we got our's they had just come out and our mom ordered our's from Sear's catalog. My oldest son's grandma had a shoving match over those little razor scooters a few years ago because that was all my son wanted for Christmas. She got it, too.lol:shitfan: :wife::fryingpan

IF I use a cart (I try not too), when not pushing it - I stand beside it and keep my hand on the biggest thing (or the thing nearest the top, that way they can't pick stuff up from beneath it).

I've never had anyone take anything out of my cart nor my hands. I did have someone offer to pay me for an item I got the last one of though. :)

These stories remind me of that movie "Jingle All the Way" where everyone was trying to get that boys' action figure/doll, I can't remember the name of it. People are nuts!

The worst that has happened to me was getting a few carts from behind. Besides that, I have yet to be the victim of a BF cart looting. :P

Yes, I had my entire cart taken from me on Black Friday at Wal-Mart. I had just gotten my huge "computer-in-a-box" in the cart when a woman came right over and started to push my cart. Needless to say I was not a happy camper, especially at 6 am! .....but I did get it back! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last year or the year before, I can't remember, but I was trying to get the $50 toolbox that Wal-Mart had. Apparently it was a pretty good deal, the first two Wal-Marts didn't have any. The third didn't have any in the spot it should have been in, but while walking around I saw one sitting in the middle of the walkway (where they often stick other items to make you look at them). I figured someone had intended to buy it, but if memory serves me there was no cart or anyone guarding it, so it had been abandoned (either temporarily or permanently). I dragged it to the other end of the store before I could find out if someone had left it there temporarily and we checked out.

That's the closest I've come to doing that myself (and it probably doesn't even count). As far as having that happen to me, it hasn't yet. We don't have kids yet so the hot toys aren't a problem, and we generally run right through the store getting what we want so the cart doesn't leave our sight. If someone took something out of my cart, I guess I'd follow from a distance then take their cart.