Now that Walmart is open 24/7...

rodneycubed

Our local Wal Mart is closed Thanksgiving Day, then opens early BF.

KMart is open Thanksgiving Day, closes early, then opens early. They have some decent deals on Thanksgiving Day if you feel like dragging yourself in after eating all that turkey!

Hmm...

Last year, the Wal-Mart SuperCenter I shop on Black Friday was open by 4:00 AM. They let us line up next to the pallet we wanted an item from as soon as they unwrapped the plastic off of them. But, they didn't unwrap the plastic until door buster time.

Our Wal-Mart is open 24/7, but they close Thankgiving night and open early the next morning for the sales.

The 24/7 Walmarts I have been to are the same way, close at 6 p.m. Thanksgiving night and then will reopen early the next morning. :tongue1:

The 24/7 Walmarts in the area I lived in (St Louis) were open Thanksgiving and that night. You were allowed into the store at any hour, because they were open regular 24/7 hours.

Anything that was on the "Blitz" sale, you could NOT touch. They had people guarding those pallets. As someone already said, you were allowed to stand near them, or form a line near them, but were not allowed to touch any of it.

What I've done in years past, if Walmart was my first stop, I would go in extra early, get everything else on my list that was not on the Blitz sale, have that in my cart, then grab a chair out of sporting goods and go sit by the pallet I was most interested in and wait until the sale started, or until people started crowding around my pallet.

I'm used to Meijer, which was been 24/7 for the last 14 years or so, and since they are open every holiday except for Christmas, what they do is they wrap the special pallets in BLACK wrap and guard them until 6 a.m. when the sale starts. They clearly outline in all their ads that week that all "door buster" black friday sales will not start until 6 a.m. They do this by coding the UPC changes to not start until 6 a.m. So for some of the stuff, yes, you can put it in your cart, but it won't ring up at the sale price until 6 a.m.

I'm only 25 but I've been doing the black friday 4 a.m. get-my-butt-out-the-door forten years! I don't buy much, but I think it's actually fun :)

I disagree with the pallet rules because they wait until too many people are there and then they have limited items. The sale prices start at 6am but it doesn't say that the items are only available at 6am. But I am one who gets there at 3am and wait until 6 to check out and I have other stores to go to. I'm sure if I waited til 6 to go I would feel differently. lol

The 24/7 Walmarts in the area I lived in (St Louis) were open Thanksgiving and that night. You were allowed into the store at any hour, because they were open regular 24/7 hours.

Anything that was on the "Blitz" sale, you could NOT touch. They had people guarding those pallets. As someone already said, you were allowed to stand near them, or form a line near them, but were not allowed to touch any of it.

What I've done in years past, if Walmart was my first stop, I would go in extra early, get everything else on my list that was not on the Blitz sale, have that in my cart, then grab a chair out of sporting goods and go sit by the pallet I was most interested in and wait until the sale started, or until people started crowding around my pallet.

If I can do that, I'll be more than happy.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got off the phone with a CSM at the Rapid City, South Dakota Wal-Mart and they will be open 24/7. They will be wrapping the pallets in clear plastic this year so people can make sure they are near the correct pallet. They are also starting their sale at 5am.

HTH someone

Monica

I've been at WM a couple different years, and they've had ample amounts of BF items. I've had times I end up back later in the day and there are still doorbusters left. A few things sell out, especially in toys, but I've never felt compelled to rush there.

Yeah, that seems to be the case for me too. The best deals are (were?) at Office Max and Best Buy.

Arent most (if not all) WM's closed Turkey Day? Then re-open on Friday @ their start time for BF......

No.....several around us only close on Christmas Day. On BF, they remain open all night and shoppers crowd around the plastic-wrapped pallets of the "limited quantity" items. Other items, though, are available to be picked up and put into your cart before the blitz hours, they just won't scan for the correct price until then.