Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

I tried using it and each time it said available they would search high and low when I got to the store with none to be found and an explanation of how the website is not accurate. I definitely wouldn't count on it. If it's not a clearance item, would they hold it for you if you called? I've never tried it before so wasn't sure if they do this or not? I've also gone and looked when the site says unavailable or out of stock and when I get there they have it. Not dependable at all.

I picked up one bag, but haven't opened it for my kids yet. I think they look gross. But, for 21 cents... if the kids like 'em then heck ya!!

Have you tried them yet?

I got these last week when they went 75% and I think they're good. They taste like chocolate graham crackers. The marshmallows taste like the dried marshmallows in powdered hot cocoa mix.

I got these last week when they went 75% and I think they're good. They taste like chocolate graham crackers. The marshmallows taste like the dried marshmallows in powdered hot cocoa mix.

Just opened them this afternoon when they got home from school and they were a thumbs up! Will try to get some more...

I cannot stop giggling at the name of that product!! Hopefully it didn't harm her hair. What could possibly go wrong with a hair product with that name?!! LOL

(I hope I am laughing WITH you, cause I am definitely not laughing at you!!) At $58, I would want my money back too. Good luck.

No you are laughing with me. When she was two I ordered a product called Bad Azz from New York and could not beleive I was trying it. She is mixed and has beautiful curls but needs alot more maintenance than my straight as a board hair. No telling how much I have spent on products that do NOT work. Watched the videos and everything on this and it feels like dried vaseline in her hair. A few more washings tonight and hopefully we will be back to normal. I am not sure what I am going to do but when my DH hears how much i spent he may not be happy.

Checked two DFW stores and both were still 75%. One had 75% on candy and one was only 50%. Both had pulled pink dot Dollar Spot. Found clearanced Shark steam mops at each, were marked $44.XX but scanning $0.00 (Salvaged). Staff told me they could sell to me at last price, which was $44 (50% off). Not low enough for me, so I passed.

No you are laughing with me. When she was two I ordered a product called Bad Azz from New York and could not beleive I was trying it. She is mixed and has beautiful curls but needs alot more maintenance than my straight as a board hair. No telling how much I have spent on products that do NOT work. Watched the videos and everything on this and it feels like dried vaseline in her hair. A few more washings tonight and hopefully we will be back to normal. I am not sure what I am going to do but when my DH hears how much i spent he may not be happy.

Have you looked at NaturallyCurly.com or nappturality.com? Maybe someone on either of these forums can help you with your daughters hair. Good luck! Hair woes can be so frustrating. :)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/

http://www.nappturality.com/

Checked two DFW stores and both were still 75%. One had 75% on candy and one was only 50%. Both had pulled pink dot Dollar Spot. Found clearanced Shark steam mops at each, were marked $44.XX but scanning $0.00 (Salvaged). Staff told me they could sell to me at last price, which was $44 (50% off). Not low enough for me, so I passed.

Do you mind sharing which stores and if they had any of the flannel sheet sets left? My mom is searching for some for her since I liked mine so well :D She said City Place (on Haskell) has hardly anything left at all :(

Do you mind sharing which stores and if they had any of the flannel sheet sets left? My mom is searching for some for her since I liked mine so well :D She said City Place (on Haskell) has hardly anything left at all :(

Frisco and Coit Rd (Richardson). Both had very limited selection, still quite a lot of ornaments and wrapping paper, but not much in the way of decor or housewares. The only flannel sheet set I saw was one of the polka dot ones, and it was scanning 30%, so I left it. I visited both last week on the day they went 75% (Thurs? Fri? Can't remember...) and the flannel sheets were being snapped up like hotcakes, so I'm not surprised there aren't any left. You still might score some returns though if you keep checking.

KC...did you see those graham crackers at the Ward Pkwy one? I'll be back tomorrow morning no matter what (nice being off work this week!) so I'll check it out.

On the toys front, I was scouting the toys this morning (and again, I will say, there are SO many good ones!) and saw two Lego tables WAY up high on a shelf marked 50% off (as were all of the other toys up there, and most of the other toys were 30%). They were about $40, and I thought to myself, "Oh, I hope those make it b/c I woudl love one for $20!" and grinned thinking that no one would see them up there. Well, as I'm shopping I see some lady walk by with BOTH of them in her cart!! I actually said out loud, "Nooo!!!!" (She couldn't hear me). I'm sure she was pleased as punch to get those things for 50% off. But I feel like putting up a sign in the toy department that says, "Don't buy anything for 50% off...it gets better!!!!"

Thanks everyone for the responses about toys. Next question, what's the chance of them going to 75% off before Friday? I'm trying to decide if I will go to target or toysrus, as my youngests bday is Friday and I'm short on time. Tia

Thanks everyone for the responses about toys. Next question, what's the chance of them going to 75% off before Friday? I'm trying to decide if I will go to target or toysrus, as my youngests bday is Friday and I'm short on time. Tia

I think they usually go the 3rd Thursday after Christmas. I'm sure someone has a chart somewhere saying when it's been in the past.

Pretty much no chance...there may be one or two stray ones that get marked down this Thursday, but most of them will probably be next week (Jan 12/13/14) based on the last few years. You will probably see a LOT of 50% off this week, though.

Thanks it is not a clearance item at all but a toy...does it include things in the back also (assuming its ALL inventory on hand) it can be a pain getting anyone to seriously look in back :(

Yes, it does include back stock. I almost never have a problem getting them to pull it from the back. I check the floor first, then find someone with a PDA and ask them to scan the shelf tag to see if they have them in the back. You can also check the scanner by typing in the code if it has a keypad and then asking. Make sure to tell them the machine says they have it. Sometimes the scanner is still wrong. They will usually show you what the PDA shows on it if you are trying to look at it. Sometimes they go back and it is a "ghost" meaning it ought to be there but isn't. I know the employees at most of my Targets well enough that they'll check for me. But usually they will check even at strange stores.

If it's not a clearance item, would they hold it for you if you called?

Highly variable. Some stores will. Some stores absolutely will not. Store policy allows them to hold items that are not clearance and not collectible. I raised Cain before Christmas because I was looking for a couple of Monster High dolls and I had gone to Guest Services with another unrelated question and saw an entire cart being held back there. They told me they were held for someone who called, and I raised a stink and asked to speak to a manager. I knew her and told her they were collectibles (they are considered to be by their definition, same as Barbies) and she said, no way, can't hold them. So I got the couple I wanted and the rest went to the floor. The gal working there told me that the person who called said he wanted to re-sell them, so I sure didn't feel bad.

Edited by lovetoshopCA

Here are the dates for my store (Decatur, AL). It's usually a Thursday toy markdown store.

Toys 08

Jan. 10th, 2008 = 75%

Toys 09

Jan. 15th, 2009 = 75% on MOST toys some still 30-50%

Jan. 29th, 2009 = 75% on remaining toys

Toys 10

Jan. 15th, 2010 = 75% (Friday)

Does anyone know if the toy clearance has the same return policy as the seasonal clearance? I would pick up a couple things for neices and nephews but not sure if I want to be locked in to that gift. I stil am not up on the latest and greatest ideas for a 12 y G 10 y G and 6 y B but a good deal is right up my alley.

Thanks

75% here in Springfield, PA

Do you know what day it went 75%? Ours went on the 31st. I'm thinking it'll probably go tomorrow, which is great for me, but because I'm thinking that and because it works out for me I figure it'll go today. LOL.

Decided to call and they said it's still 75. The girls sounded pretty sure of herself and I called a store a little further off that's usually pretty reliable, so here's hoping that I don't miss it!!!

Edited by Timswife81404

Malvern, PA - 90% off TODAY! Still has wrapping paper, ribbon, ornaments, garland, and cards, a few piggy banks, stockings, only a few stocking stuffer type stuff left.

Candy at 75% off, but not much left.

Will check Exton after my Dr. appt.