Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Hello. I lurk all the time but almost never post :)

So all my local targets (we have 5) have the 55 inch tvs marked clearance. The Vizio and Sony are both 15% off. Well I happened to step into one of the targets today and they had them both for 50% off. They were labeled "repackaged" even though the sign in front had them at 50% the little tag was 50%. So I told the team member I wanted both of them (my mom and I were interested) and he told me to hold on a minute that he thought one of them was going to be sold and then came back a few minutes later and said they both were in the process of being purchased. I asked if it was by an employee and he reluctantly said it was. I asked if they were allowed to do that and he said yes.

I guess that is usual? If they are on their break? Although I have no way of knowing if that employee was on his break or not. I'm pretty bummed! I wasn't attached to the TV but my mom really wanted one for their 40th wedding anniversary. I guess we are going to have to stalk them at the other stores and hope that the get discounted more than the lousy 15%.

In other news we found:

###umbrellas 75% off

###purses and wallets 75% off

###toy story train lego 50% off

###pirates of the caribbean Lego "the London Escape 50% off

###some toys 50% and 75% off

I would have talked to the manager immediately about the TV situation. Unless the employee was on break and actually purchasing the TVs at the time, then I am positive they are not allowed to say they are "in the process of being purchased." If they are still on the shelf, then they should be free game for anyone. Bummer that they did that!

I haven't seen most of the things people are posting about at my store...they have pretty much nothing on clearance at the moment except for toys, but none of those Legos!

I would have talked to the manager immediately about the TV situation. Unless the employee was on break and actually purchasing the TVs at the time, then I am positive they are not allowed to say they are "in the process of being purchased." If they are still on the shelf, then they should be free game for anyone. Bummer that they did that!

We did go to the front of the store and ask to speak to the manager but the lady asked what it was about and we told her. She said that since the TVs were the floor models they have to collect everything from the back and then dismount the TVs - and that takes time. And that they don't purchase them till they have retrieved everything. She did say that they are not allowed to hold anything for anybody including employees. We didn't actually make it to the manager.... I guess we could have pushed it further. It did seem to me like they were holding it but there was no way to know if the guy really was in the back getting the stuff.

We did go to the front of the store and ask to speak to the manager but the lady asked what it was about and we told her. She said that since the TVs were the floor models they have to collect everything from the back and then dismount the TVs - and that takes time. And that they don't purchase them till they have retrieved everything. She did say that they are not allowed to hold anything for anybody including employees. We didn't actually make it to the manager.... I guess we could have pushed it further. It did seem to me like they were holding it but there was no way to know if the guy really was in the back getting the stuff.

I would have pushed it...I agree if the boxes were on the shelf, they are fair game!! That whole story they gave you sounds fishy. If they were in fact "in the process" of being purchased, the boxes would have been removed from the shelf & been behind the electronics counter.

I would have pushed it...I agree if the boxes were on the shelf, they are fair game!! That whole story they gave you sounds fishy. If they were in fact "in the process" of being purchased, the boxes would have been removed from the shelf & been behind the electronics counter.

They were floor models, not in boxes. They needed to be dismounted from the wall. For a 55" tv, it's going to take two people and some time. And I, for one, believe that they won't finish the sale until all the parts have been compiled, people would get pissed if they bought it and found not all the pieces were available. The OP has no right to complain because she doesn't know that the employees broke any rules.

Ran into a bonus today -

### Spongebob 3833 Lego set 75% off $4.98 204000242

Also found the

###Toy story dump truck for 50% off $10.98 204000393

The Army men lego set wasn't down to 50% and they had a bunch, so I'm waiting it out.

All our OC stores sell Beer, Wine and Booze. Lots of everything for 30% off today.

:)

I wanted to post the # for scotty but I could not find my receipt.

Thanks

Just got back from one of my local stores and could not find the Shark :(

I did see the just marked down the Acer 10.1 netbook. Seems to be only 15% right now and they had about 8 of them there. I am hope these will make it to 50%

Just got back from one of my local stores and could not find the Shark :(

I did see the just marked down the Acer 10.1 netbook. Seems to be only 15% right now and they had about 8 of them there. I am hope these will make it to 50%

My store was moving around the clearance stuff. I found mine over in the clearance with towels instead of over in the clearance by the other vac's. It was marked 40-something but I scanned it and sure enough, 75% off!

Has anyone noticed the large amount of bulk packs in their stores right in front? will these clearance like they did in Jan/Feb?

Yes, at least some of it will. Some items will just move to the regular aisles. Depends if it is a normal store item. They always fill the mini seasonal area with bulk between holiday/seasonal periods.

###Got Schleich Scenery Pack of 3 horses 75% off for $4.88--087 06 1771. DD was eying it last week, glad it was still there and dropped straight from 30 to 75.

Sadly nothing else to report; what little clearance I found was mostly at 15%. Seemed to be an unusually high amount of stuff on price cut-- wonder if that stuff will eventually make it to clearance.

###Got Schleich Scenery Pack of 3 horses 75% off for $4.88--087 06 1771. DD was eying it last week, glad it was still there and dropped straight from 30 to 75.

Sadly nothing else to report; what little clearance I found was mostly at 15%. Seemed to be an unusually high amount of stuff on price cut-- wonder if that stuff will eventually make it to clearance.

I too noticed the price-cut I think it might just be them trying to compete with Walmarts new gimic though...who knows

They've been doing the price cut thing for a long time. They do it to match cuts at Walmart, mostly, but sometimes because they have an overabundance of an item that comes as an assortment and they have new assortments on the way in the pipeline. They do also do it sometimes to deplete inventory before clearance, but I have found that less often. Not sure what Walmart's new gimic is, though. What did you mean?

Anyone still seeing the Nerf toys on clearance? They had Dart Tag sets marked down (the old style) and they disappeared when they did the action figure reset with the new movie toys this weekend.