Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Hoping 70% is tomorrow. Mom never gets to get anything and she is going shopping when she returns to TN tomorrow. Took her out with me, but she could only carry a small amount back in her suitcase. And I need 90% to be Monday, not Sunday. Definitely seeing more coming out from the back in some stores.

Hoping 70% is tomorrow. Mom never gets to get anything and she is going shopping when she returns to TN tomorrow. Took her out with me, but she could only carry a small amount back in her suitcase. And I need 90% to be Monday, not Sunday. Definitely seeing more coming out from the back in some stores.

Hi looong time since we talked last... Hope you are well.. i know we shop at the same stores.... Which ones would you say have the most left... ? Really hoping for good stuff at 70% off.... Any idea if its today ? Thanks !!!

Kinda sad everyone in fl is reporting still 50:(

Holiday stuff always drops at start of day right? no scanning required?

Keep this in mind. Target's home office is in Minnesota which is central time. So say they don't get to work until 9 am to change the prices, that is what time you might expect the prices to change which could be earlier or later depending on which time zone you are in. (I could be wrong, but this seems to make sense to me.)

Also, I have been in the store when the items are scanning 75% off and the signs are still 50%.

Also, I have been in the store when the items are scanning 75% off and the signs are still 50%.

This is how I got a nice haul on Halloween. It was signed 50% but went to 90%. My local store doesn't use the 75% signs since it's only 70% off(it's been a while you'd think they'd print some 70% ones) and ppl were just walking by clueless :)

50% by me too. Lots of ornaments, cards, wrapping paper, ribbon, some lights and outside decorations, plenty of cake mix stuff. Nothing I really want. Makes me sad. I'll probably grab some wrapping paper but that's it.

Lots of toys were 50% at my store though. Lots.

Still 50% in Decatur, AL. The 50% sing in the $1 spot said 12/26-12/29, so I'm going bright and early again tomorrow. I'm worried about 90% though because at Halloween the day ours went 90% they were packing it up at 9am!!! I've never known them to pack it up that quickly, so I'm worried that Christmas might not even make it to 90%. Yesterday I saw them packing up some towels that haven't even gone clearance. I would've thought that they were moving them but they were packing them in boxes that said "Target Distribution Center", which is what they packed Halloween in. I wonder if the 70% and not staying 90% for very long has anything to do with the extra 5% offered with the redcard?? LOTS of people have the debit cards now to save the 5% so I'm sure Target isn't making near as much money.

Here are the dates from my store........

Christmas 07

Dec. 26th, 2007 = 50%

Monday, Dec. 31st, 2007 = 75%

Friday, Jan. 4th, 2007 = 90%

Christmas 08

Dec. 26th, 2008 = 50%

Tuesday, Dec. 30th, 2008 = 75%

Tuesday, Jan. 6th, 2009 = 90%

Jan. 2nd, 2009 = 75% Dollar Spot Christmas (black dot)

Christmas 09

Dec. 26th, 2009 = 50%

Thursday, Dec. 31st, 2009 = 75% (black dollar spot too, look for date on dollar spot sign)

Tuesday, Jan. 5th, 2010 = 90%

Christmas 10

Dec. 26th, 2010 = 50%

Thursday, Dec. 30th, 2010 = 75% (pink $1 spot)

Friday, Dec. 31st, 2010 = 75%

Wednesday, Jan. 5th, 2011 = 90%

Christmas 11

Sunday, Dec. 18th, 2011 = Lights 30%, Trees 50%

Monday, Dec. 26th = 50%

My store had a lot of clothes too. They must have pulled it out from somewhere in the back. A lot at 70% and 50%. Got some cute button downs for DD and got us both zippered hoodies with the fuzzy lining for 8.xx I found some of the stuff in the Womens/maternity area.

Of course I take what the employees say with a grain of salt, but they were in the holiday section cleaning and consolidating and I asked when would it go 75%. He told me that it might not go until the 1st. I will still be there again in the morning when the store opens.

Keep this in mind. Target's home office is in Minnesota which is central time. So say they don't get to work until 9 am to change the prices, that is what time you might expect the prices to change which could be earlier or later depending on which time zone you are in. (I could be wrong, but this seems to make sense to me.)

/QUOTE] They can easily program it by computer. I seriously doubt it is done live. Not impossible, but seems highly unlikely, particularly since it doesn't happen everywhere at one time.

Hi looong time since we talked last... Hope you are well.. i know we shop at the same stores.... Which ones would you say have the most left... ? Really hoping for good stuff at 70% off.... Any idea if its today ? Thanks !!!

I have not been out nearly as much this year as I am busy with my kids doing a Pokemon Tournament Marathon. Locally, Pasadena has a fair amount, but it really depends what you are after. None of the stores I've been to have really been cleaned out, though I would say Alhambra was unusually low on stock the day after Christmas. Heading to Fountain Valley for today's tournament, so I will try to stop at the Westminster store on the way home.

70% at Target today. But when did they go from 75% to 70%? Nothing was good like previous years. Not one string of lights, no outdoor decorations, not even any home decorations.... just tons of wrapping paper, bows, paper plates, and the ugliest ornaments. Oh well.

I guess it's the sign of the times. They don't carry the nice stuff they used to, or they bring in just very limited quantities. In years past, I got Christmas dish sets, complete bedding sets, outdoor lit up trees and reindeer for my yard, stringed lights, beautiful tree skirts, fancy chair covers, table cloths, napkin rings.... real nice stuff. Did they stop carrying this stuff or is it just my store? What a bummer it has become.