Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Does anyone know if netbooks/laptops generally go on sale before school? We have a new college student in the house and are thinking of getting one.

Most of the office stores have them on sale, but I doubt the ones at Target will. I think some were clearanced a few weeks back, but even when they do go clearance, they often sell out fast.

I went to my Target yesterday to see what toys they still had on clearance, and to my surprise I saw clearance merchandise back on the shelves at full price! Is this normal? I would be so angry paying full price for something that was 75% off last week.

They also seemed to have taken some of the bigger things off the shelves, I guess to bring it back out later.

WOW, yesterday went to Target, and was looking at a kids push vehicle. When I took it out I found someone's "stash". Got 3 HP lego sets for 75% off... sorry if it was someone in heres! LOL. Burrows, Quidditch, and Dobby! YES!!!!

Congrats, Great score :) Not exactly offline related but I found(via twitter post) this target site where if you like an item and enter mobile# they supposedly send you a coupon for back to college stuff might be worth a look throughout the day.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for posting ASAP about toy clearance. I did fantastically well again this year and with being laid off since April it really does help ensure Christmas won't be affected. I spent too much as usual but unless I find fabulous deals will not need to buy toys for quite a while, now if only I could organize it all in an easy to find manner. Ideas?

Edited by tinkrbel
add

I spent too much as usual but unless I find fabulous deals will not need to buy toys for quite a while, now if only I could organize it all in an easy to find manner. Ideas?

HA - I always spend too much also...but if I waited, I'm sure I'd spend more, or not be able to get the kids very much.

Well, although I'm not the most organized person - I always try to be...I have several large plastic storage tubs in a certain color, or with a certain colored lid (red or green for christmas, yellow for easter, orange or black for halloween, blue for birthdays, etc.) and sort the gift items into those tubs so when the occasion arises, I can find the stuff!

Of course last year I had gotten some large items that wouldn't fit in the tubs, so I left tied in the Target bags, and tried to keep them from getting shuffled around in the garage - but managed to lose one of the large Trucks I had gotten (for my twins) so that was a headache - ended up having to go purchase another one at full price (I think I had had gotten it 90% off after Christmas the year before) so my twins would get equal presents. (Ugh, and I still haven't found it!!)

but managed to lose one of the large Trucks I had gotten (for my twins) so that was a headache - ended up having to go purchase another one at full price (I think I had had gotten it 90% off after Christmas the year before) so my twins would get equal presents. (Ugh, and I still haven't found it!!)

maybe you gave to someone else as a bday gift or something? I like the colored lid idea. I stacked the large long boxes and piled stuff on top still in bags. I think I still have Xmas weebles from a few years back under my bed in separate storage, they'll have to wait for another kid.

Congrats, Great score :) Not exactly offline related but I found(via twitter post) this target site where if you like an item and enter mobile# they supposedly send you a coupon for back to college stuff might be worth a look throughout the day.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for posting ASAP about toy clearance. I did fantastically well again this year and with being laid off since April it really does help ensure Christmas won't be affected. I spent too much as usual but unless I find fabulous deals will not need to buy toys for quite a while, now if only I could organize it all in an easy to find manner. Ideas?

I try to seperate them according age group ..like preschool, 5-8 ....that way its easier to find a toy ( if u have too many u tend to forget what u have )..also do remember to take off all the clearance stickers...its really hard to get them off after a while..:)

Wish I could afford it, but I can't, so if anyone is near the Aiken, SC store there's a motorola Xoom (android IPad) regular $499 clearance price $350. Looks like it was an internet return? In the glass case under the GPS display. Hope somebody can get to it!:cheesy:

I try to seperate them according age group ..like preschool, 5-8 ....that way its easier to find a toy ( if u have too many u tend to forget what u have )..also do remember to take off all the clearance stickers...its really hard to get them off after a while..:)

I have most of it now listed with price/ages and will type into a spreadsheet and bundle into age/sex categories, it's just that there's so many large things that space is pretty much run out and organizing them is a mess. It's a fabulous idea BUT the stickers are staying on the damn boxes now :P (for what's organized/stacked anyhow). I've never had trouble with them that I recall but now I have my list being setup don't need them and avoids having to do it when wrapping.

Went today and there was ZERO Kitchen clearance. And I do mean ZERO...not an endcap with anything, not a single clearance tag in the section. Weird because there is usually SOMETHING on clearance in that part of the store but there wasn't a single thing.

same here

So I bought a train expansion track for my son's train set. Opened it to find that two most important pieces I needed most were missing along with a couple of other pieces. Do people really have to buy things, take pieces and return them? Of course now there are no more sets left and Target doesn't have replacement parts so I have to return it. Really aggravating.

I went to my Target yesterday to see what toys they still had on clearance, and to my surprise I saw clearance merchandise back on the shelves at full price! Is this normal? I would be so angry paying full price for something that was 75% off last week.

My Target does this all the time. The item will be in the exact same spot on the shelf, but back up to full price... you can even see the residue from where they peeled the clearance stickers off. I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason to it.

All the toys that stayed at 30% during the last markdown (dolls, tea sets, and other toys) have been consolidated to one isle but not marked down any more. They are on the same isle as the summer stuff. I'll have to check more to try to catch it at 75%.

So I bought a train expansion track for my son's train set. Opened it to find that two most important pieces I needed most were missing along with a couple of other pieces. Do people really have to buy things, take pieces and return them? Of course now there are no more sets left and Target doesn't have replacement parts so I have to return it. Really aggravating.

Oh my goodness, that has happened to me. I bought a big playdoh set and when I opened it last week or so, there were 6 playdohs canisters that came with it. 4 of them were completely empty, 2 of them had USED playdoh in it. I was pissed. Then I looked at the parts - and I noticed that 6 other pieces were missing out of 25. I can't return it cause I bought it over 3 months ago and I saved it for DD. I think I have to open stuff now and check it. Thankfully it was for DD - if I had gifted it - I would have been SUPER embarrassed. I think I'm going to contact the makers of play doh, but it's not like its their fault either. GRRRR.

We went outlet shopping today and stopped at a nearby target. Wow - definitely by far the worst Target I've been to. Looks like they didn't clearance out many of the toys that were clearanced out where I live. A lot of Lego sets were full price. Virtually nothing on clearance there worth getting at all. I returned some stuff but walked out empty handed.

A little OT but just wondering... my DD will be moving to size 4-5 soon. And that's going up to the big girls department from infant/tot section. If anyone could help - what are reasonable prices for big girls (4-6 size) clothing (shirts, pants, shorts etc)? I'm still in tot price mode, but I'm assuming bigger kid clothes are more expensive. I bought the adjustable Cherokee Capris for her in size 4 & 5 for 75% off ($3.24). I did find a bunch of summer t-shirts for $1.49 each (Circo brand).

Stopped by my nearest Target tonight. Looked like they were getting the new toys in - the Lego isle, which was mega blocks & Lego, is now completely Lego (both sides), lots of new sets, but still none of the Harry Potter sets have been marked down, and they did leave a couple of empty spaces for the HP sets they have sold out of (w/ the pricetags on the shelf). *sigh* The play dough area was also freshly stocked with new items, as well as a few other areas.

All their toy clearance is now on a couple of end caps, and half of the water toys/swimming pool isle. Some of the water toys are down to 50% off, but some still at 30%, and some not marked down at all. Weird. I'm trying to hold out for 75% off the water toys - want to get some sand pails for the twins' birthday party favors. Will keep checking.

If anyone could help - what are reasonable prices for big girls (4-6 size) clothing (shirts, pants, shorts etc)? I'm still in tot price mode, but I'm assuming bigger kid clothes are more expensive. I bought the adjustable Cherokee Capris for her in size 4 & 5 for 75% off ($3.24). I did find a bunch of summer t-shirts for $1.49 each (Circo brand).

Unfortunately, you are right about the prices being higher as your child grows. Not only do the clothes and shoes get more expensive, but so do their toys! :D My 9 y/o DS is now in a mens shoe size 8, and that was a shock to the wallet when buying dress shoes for Easter. Yikes!

The prices that you got for the capris and t-shirts are fantastic! Clearance buying for next year's season is the best way to go, IMO. I know kids have sudden growth spurts and all, but so far, I've had good luck with buying clothes in advance. As far as what is a good price for shirts, pants, and the such, that is going to vary from person to person. I'm personally happy if I can get jeans/pants for $10 and under. Knit t-shirts and shorts/skorts I want $5 and under for, and nicer skorts/shorts for $10 and under. Just a head's up....my DD is just starting to move out of the 6X size, which is putting her into the bigger girls section of clothes. The clothes in those sizes are a little higher than the 4-6X sizes. Oh well, just gives me more reason to clearance shop! ;) HTH

We mostly went for a few school supplies (since high school, they give you a list the first day only, so we just guessed based on the last two years!), but we did find one good clearance item- a Yoda wall cling thing for 75% off, I think it was down to about $4 or so

Dollar spot pink dot 50%

TIA - what kinds of items are in the pink dot? I think I'm waiting for the brown dot (school stuff) but I can't remember what the pink dot is.

Unfortunately, you are right about the prices being higher as your child grows. Not only do the clothes and shoes get more expensive, but so do their toys! :D My 9 y/o DS is now in a mens shoe size 8, and that was a shock to the wallet when buying dress shoes for Easter. Yikes!

...*Snip* HTH

Thank you so much. This definitely helps. I do about 50% of my kids clothing shopping at Target. The clothes aren't as good quality but I reason that they grow out of it so fast that it doesn't really matter. Edited by junkietiger14

What has anyone experienced about the price matching policies in regards to the store keeping the ads? Also, are you finding that some stores will price match at the check-outs and other stores still require you to take all price matches to the customer service desk? There does not seem to be any CORPORATE policy on either as I have called and emailed. Anyone having problems will printing the coupons ?

What has anyone experienced about the price matching policies in regards to the store keeping the ads? Also, are you finding that some stores will price match at the check-outs and other stores still require you to take all price matches to the customer service desk? There does not seem to be any CORPORATE policy on either as I have called and emailed. Anyone having problems will printing the coupons ?

As with most of Target's lovely 'policies', I've found it to vary widely... some cashiers are very cool about quickly adjusting for me AT the register during checkout. Others require me to check out and THEN go get it adjusted at customer service (at that point, I usually just head over there to check out so I'm not wasting a whole lot of time.)

Some cashiers couldn't care less about what I'm matching and just give the ad a quick glance. Most Targets don't care about the "loyalty card required" verbiage from grocery ads. There is ONE lady is this whole city who absolutely analyzes every square inch of the ad. If I'm force to use her, I usually just skip it. She won't match anything and happily brings out the 3 page album to read. Definitely not worth it with her.

I think it really just varies from store to store. Seems like many of Target's policies vary and it depends on how friendly your store is/isn't!

Highly variable. Some stores do want to keep the ad, but only a few. Most all now want to do it in guest services, so on the rare occasion I do a price match (probably haven't since last fall), I take it there at the outset.

At my store, if it's a store loyalty card special, I was told by the manager that they could not price match, that it was their corporate policy.

Here's my story: I had been told by an store associate in the grocery section that they would price adjust on some frozen food items I commented on, (I had showed her the ad, and told her I was going there next since it was such a good sale price, and it was so much higher there) she assured me that they would give me the same great deal, so I could save a trip to the other store, and instructed me to buy the items at the register & get the price adjustment at customer service. I did as she said, but when I got to customer service, the manager said they couldn't do the price adjustment because it was a store loyalty sale item, AND also said I couldn't return the items for refund either (because they were frozen food items)! I was livid. I explained that I would not have even purchased them there at all if the SA hadn't told be that they would price adjust, and had to raise a big stink before they finally did it for me. Of course the manager was a real snot about it, and guarenteed me that they would not do this again. I told her then she'd better make sure that all the SA's knew the policy!:mad:

So, if you're getting any food items, be sure to take the ad by CS first, and be sure that the same associate will be there when you check out. From that experience, I have never tried to price match anything since.

Ya, IMO, it pretty much seems like all Target wants is to be able to claim a seemingly customer friendly thing to do (price matching), but when it comes to making it easy for customers... a very different story.

When it comes to groceries, I just make a trip to the grocery store rather than deal with the hassle at Target.

And FYI...you should have been able to return the items. They have to throw them out, so they don't want to do it, but you absolutely have a right to return them if you choose (and have the receipt...which you obviously did).

I never try to price match anymore...I had trouble getting it done in the beginning and it's not worth it to me on a regular basis. However, I have heard the same story about "loyalty cards" and how those deals aren't price match-able. Which pretty much negates the entire grocery store ad for many stores.

Originally posted by junkietiger14: what kinds of items are in the pink dot? I think I'm waiting for the brown dot (school stuff) but I can't remember what the pink dot is.

Today saw Dr. Seuss items, kid's water bottles, small baggies, scrapbooking ribbons and stickers in the pink dot.

I went to the Target store in Plainville today. I was just going stir crazy at home! I was shocked to see 3 aisles of 75% off todays...bakugan, hamsters things, teck deck toys, puzzles, some legos,balls, tea sets, cashier set with fake food. There were also crafty kits and lots of thermos bottles.

I found one lone 6 speed sunbeam blender in blue..it rang up INF. The markdown lady said it was fron summer clearance and marked it 90% off $1.79 :woot2: I had no money but was able to scrape that much together at least lol