Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I can never find clearance stuff at Target. Is is all on an isle like Walmart or is it in each section of the store, like mens clearance in mens, toys in toys, etc. Please help. I want to find some deals. Getting ready to start some christmas shopping.

Usually it's on the endcaps. Sometimes, you will find clearance throughout the aisles depending on how much clearance they have. If there is a lot of things marked down, they will be in the aisles because there isn't room on the endcaps. Good Luck!!

I feel silly... I didn't realize target took coupons.... :blush:

Oh, it gets even better.

Not only does Target take manufacturers coupons, but if they have a Target coupon out (even ones that you print off their website or the Target coupon generator), you are allowed to stack them on the same item. Even clearance items, unless the coupon specificaly says different on it.

Many of us have printed out this email and carry around with us, in case we run into a Target cashier-nazi who doesn't know Target corporate policy.

Subj: Inquiry to Target Guest Relations

Date: 9/29/03 2:19:01 PM Central Daylight Time

To: [email protected]

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Target's acceptance of coupons.

Target is a trend retailer that wants to provide you the latest merchandise

at the lowest possible prices. We have established our coupon guidelines to

treat every guest fairly and consistently. We accept any Target issued

coupon or manufacturer's coupon that meets the guidelines written on the

coupon. We do not accept coupons from other retailers or coupons for

products not carried in our merchandise assortment. All coupons must be

valid and presented to the cashier at the time of sale. You may use a

Target issued coupon and a manufacturer's coupon for the same item,

provided the guidelines do not prevent such a transaction.

When the value of a coupon exceeds the selling price of an item, our coupon

guidelines allow the selling price of the item to be entered as the coupon

amount, and the cashier takes the coupon.

We are always looking for ways to make the Target experience better for

every guest. Your comments concerning the acceptance of coupons will be

made available to the Store Team Leader as well as our Store Operations

executives.

We value you as our guest and thank you for shopping at Target.

Sincerely,

Janine O.

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

Additional note on the above...

I have found if the coupon, or combination of coupons is more than the price the item is selling for, that I can buy other items and the total coupon amount ill come off my total order dollar amount, not just the one item. But, only if I still owe some money in the end. Target will not ever give money back at the end of a sales transaction, that I know of. But, you can get really close to free.

I went to two of our Targets last night after finding Hello Kitty Sleeping Bags/Slumber Bags for $4.98. They also had a sports themed one for the same price that I got. When I thought about the deal a bit and went bag to grab the rest they were all gone. :(

But still what an awesome deal! :D

I need to get over to Target soon.....feel like I am missing out! Oh, my husband ventured into our Super Target, by himself ( I know, some nerve!), the proceeded to call me and tell me the store was too big......after a brief pause, I just said, hon there's no such thing as too big when it comes to Target. He thinks I am nuts! But he did like the store...I'll have him perusing in no time!!!!!:g_clap:

Great, Thanks Pam.I wish I would of had that email last week. The cashier would not take both coupons. What's funny.. I purposely didn't get in her line becuase I new she was the 'gotta get mgr apprvl ' type of cashier, but as I was standing in line she pulled my cart to her lane... just my luck, I guess.

Good idea though, I'll defintely print it out and may make an extra copy to slide under her register while she's not looking. : )

i found and got a 10 pack of spiral notebooks for .25 lots of school stuff;locks,calculators,packs of pens,for .74,betty crocker warm delights desserts for 1.18- 1.38;secret limited edition deodorant for 1.75;almons joy singles bars .33; almost forgot a ceiling fan for 7.48

Was at my Target in Appleton, WI today and they had TONS of back packs for 75% off. There was also alot of candy on clearance. I got two 1lb bags of Hershey kisses (one carmel filled and one plain) for $1.18/bag. School supplies were also 75% off but they basically only had loos leaf paper and those black and white (old fashioned style) for 12 cents. They had TON in several colors both wide and college ruled. There is tons of clearance in domestics, some 30% off, some 50% off and some 75% off. Looks like they are possibly getting rid of some of the lines (Thomas O'Brien) they carry and are making room for something new - just a guess. there was a breakfast station (4 cup coffee maker, mini toaster oven and something else that I can't think of all in one) for $7.48. The also had about 6 or 8 of those inflatable water spiders for $7.48.

Yes it looks like Thomas OBrien is gone from what I have seen. I see nothing new and everything from curtain rods to housewares are all on clearance. This morning I picked up 2 cotton blankets from Thomas, 75% off. I am using them as throws. I can see why they were still there. They are line dry only.

Just got back & they had portable hammocks on sale for 19.99 instead of 79.99 - only the red & green are on sale, not the blue. I just bought DH a blue one last month for his b-day when it was on sale for 59.99 - guess what's going back & who's getting a green one!! I did call him from the store to make sure he wouldn't be offended - said he'd rather have the green anyway! I also picked up a red one for me. We have 2 small kids, so now there won't be any fighting over who's in it!

I've been addicted to Target these last two days. Yesterday I went and got 2 very large planters for 3.74 and today I got a nice chair for my daughter's room and ottoman for 12.48 each. I also scored with much smaller ceramic pots. They were four for 4 and change. Yippee! I love Target. Also, nice backpack for 8.48 and tons of colored pencils for .12.

BTW, I just found this site and I'm sure glad I did. You all know every deal in town. Keep 'em coming. Thanks!:D

Judi

I've been addicted to Target these last two days. Yesterday I went and got 2 very large planters for 3.74 and today I got a nice chair for my daughter's room and ottoman for 12.48 each. I also scored with much smaller ceramic pots. They were four for 4 and change. Yippee! I love Target. Also, nice backpack for 8.48 and tons of colored pencils for .12.

BTW, I just found this site and I'm sure glad I did. You all know every deal in town. Keep 'em coming. Thanks!:D

Judi

Hi Judi! Welcome!

I have been in Target the last 2 days too...just cannot stay away!

Thanks for sharing your finds with us..enjoy!:D

my target has all the back to school aisles GONE! sob!

but yesterday i went near the stationery/office supplies and found fish shaped post its for 48 cents. i saw them a week or two ago for 1.32 and couldn't justify it. this time i HAD to get them. i also got a pack of heart shaped postits (three pads in the pack) for 97 cents. YAY! i wanted to get more, since when they were at 1.32 they had a lot more shapes, but they were all gone. believe me, i dug through the endcaps like a madwoman.

In my Target today (Ithaca, NY), they had lots of great placemats and things 75% off. I spent quite a while there, matching napkins, napkin rings and placemats - and in the end, I couldn't justify it! But I knew someone here would appreciate the heads up!

Also, got a youth soccer ball for $3.74, they had life jackets (SpongeBob and Disney Princess) for $6 something, and I scored a few exercise videos (pilates and yoga) for under $5. It looked like they had quite a lot of clearance tags in the exercise aisle.

GatorPam, I'm hoping you can answer this question (or anyone who might know the answer) for me. I have a coupon from RiteAid to tansfer a prescription and get a $25 gift card, so my question is does Target pharmacy match other competitors coupons? If not, does anyone know where I can find a coupon for transfering a prescription to Target and get a gift card for transferring? I know periodically they have done this but I can't remember seeing one lately.

Thanks!

GatorPam, I'm hoping you can answer this question (or anyone who might know the answer) for me. I have a coupon from RiteAid to tansfer a prescription and get a $25 gift card, so my question is does Target pharmacy match other competitors coupons? If not, does anyone know where I can find a coupon for transfering a prescription to Target and get a gift card for transferring? I know periodically they have done this but I can't remember seeing one lately.

Thanks!

I use competitors' pharmacy coupons at Target on a regular basis and I've never had any problems as long as the prescription being filled was a new or transferred prescription. The only glitch I've encountered is that they will accept competitor coupons only up to $25.00, so if you use a $30.00 CVS coupon they'll give you a $25.00 Target giftcard.

Went to Target yesterday, and I found treasure!

I got a razor gift set for the Quattro Razor for $5...it included a Quattro Razor (usually $7.50), 4 refills (usually 6.50) flip flops and some tanning lotion! I needed to get a razor anyways and Quatrro is my favorite.

I got 2 containers of 50 count pens for .98 cents each. I am student teaching in a very poor area and the kids never have pencils or pens so I am donating this.

I got 2 packs of 24 pencils for .24 cents. I will be donating this as well.

Tons and tons of stuff was marked down! The store is undergoing a remodel so this may be why.

Went to Target yesterday, and I found treasure!

I got a razor gift set for the Quattro Razor for $5...it included a Quattro Razor (usually $7.50), 4 refills (usually 6.50) flip flops and some tanning lotion! I needed to get a razor anyways and Quatrro is my favorite.

I got 2 containers of 50 count pens for .98 cents each. I am student teaching in a very poor area and the kids never have pencils or pens so I am donating this.

I got 2 packs of 24 pencils for .24 cents. I will be donating this as well.

Tons and tons of stuff was marked down! The store is undergoing a remodel so this may be why.

Its not because of the remodeling. Those things have been in teh markdown process everywhere! Isnt it cool to get things that cheap and be able to donate?

I scored a couple of items, but not the ones I really wanted, like the picnic basket. Gone already!! I did get one of those Soho chairs, orig. 49.99 for 12.48 and a floor lamp, orig. 99.99 for 24.98. DS loved the chair!

ohhhhhhh the chairs are 12.48 now?!?! I"ve been waiting for one!!! I'm showering and running to my target!! LOL I hope they stil lhave some!!!

In reference to the prescription question above: this is where it pays to get to know your pharmacist. At my store, we filled a lot of prescriptions - at least 3 per month. I always try to see the same pharmasist (mostly because I like him and my kiddos like him) and he told me once, when no one else was about, that they will honor other coupons to keep you from transferring out if you are a regular user.

Go when it's not busy and say honestly that you'd prefer to keep the prescription at Target and could they honor the coupon. Don't do it every month and always be nice!