Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I'm new, been lurking for awhile and finally signed up. I LOVE this thread, I found it when I was looking around online to see if there was anywhere to buy some items I'd seen at the Dollar Spot while on vacation that I didn't find in my local Target. I happened to find this thread right before the Dollar Spot went on clearance a few weeks ago, so I went to several other Targets just to see what was on clearance, and I found what I was looking for- those cute little kids craft kits, and bought like 40 of them for 25 cents each! I didn't know the deals got that good. Now I'm set for both of my daughters upcoming birthday parties for goody bags. Before I found this thread, I didn't even know that the dollar spot went on clearance, so thanks a million!

found:

15 pack of imation dvd+r's for $3.11

reg. $12.45

10 pk of TDK dvd+r's in slim cases $2.48

reg. $9.99

Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion expansion pack $4.98

reg. $19.99

Memorex Lux Lab 256mb mp3 player $19.98

reg. $39.99

Found the Disney Stik players everyone was talking about they don't ring up at my store either but they're still charging $19.ish for them so instead I picked up the Memorex, much prettier, shiny blue round instead of the That's so raven or Disney Cars that are the only ones of the stiks they had at my store

I wish we had some sort of printable shopping list so I can remember what all to look for when I hit Target. My memory left me when I turned 45! LOL

Check out Target finds with UPC right before you go to Target.

If the item has a UPC on the list, it should scan when you print it out so you can check if it's on clearance at your Target before you even try to hunt it down.

Oh my Goodness.....did you guys see this????:g_shrug:

AP

Coach Files Suit Against Target

Monday October 2, 2:36 pm ET

Coach Files Trademark Suit Against Target Over Fake Handbag

NEW YORK (AP) -- Luxury handbag and accessory maker Coach Inc. has sued Target Corp., alleging the Minneapolis, Minn., retailer is selling a counterfeit handbag that claims to be an authentic Coach product.

The New York-based luxury goods company claims a counterfeit handbag that is an "exact replica of a genuine Coach handbag" and that bears a counterfeit of at least one Coach trademark was purchased from a Target store in Largo, Fla.

The lawsuit, filed late Friday in federal court in Manhattan, is seeking more than $1 million in damages.

Target's media relations department didn't immediately return a phone call seeking comment Monday.

I went today to buy my daughter the Little Mermaid DVD and the Wedding toy set that were both on sale. In this week's ad if you buy both you get a kids size Ariel wedding dress for free. The people working in electronics said they were out of the dresses and would not issue rain checks (per the ad). I went back to toys and there were other Little Mermaid dresses so I paged a sales associate. I asked if I could substitute one of the other dresses for the wedding dress and at first they wouldn't even consider it. After explaining that I wanted the cheaper of the two dresses they finally agreed to call a manager. The manager was great and said sure if the dress isn't more expensive we'll be happy to substitute it. Of course the sales associate kept reminding me that they do not normally substitute when a sale item says limited quantity, no rainchecks. Then the cashier was great, she took my word for it when I told her the manager (whom I called by name) said it was fine.

I found this last week at 1 target and thought it was just dumb luck but I found another one today. It is a spiderman bed/tent for only $7.48, regularly $29.99. It is a small dome tent with an inflatable base. It was not marked down at either store just on the shelf with the others. These will be great for Christmas gifts if you can find some. Here is what it looks like:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-3/qid=1159910271/ref=sr_1_3/601-7364697-5657707?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0007ODN94

I found this last week at 1 target and thought it was just dumb luck but I found another one today. It is a spiderman bed/tent for only $7.48, regularly $29.99. It is a small dome tent with an inflatable base. It was not marked down at either store just on the shelf with the others. These will be great for Christmas gifts if you can find some. Here is what it looks like:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-3/qid=1159910271/ref=sr_1_3/601-7364697-5657707?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0007ODN94

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to take a look for them when I go to Target next. The little boy I babysit for loves Spiderman. He had one of the blow up mattress beds last year and slept on it all the time until it got a hole in it.

Check out Target finds with UPC right before you go to Target.

If the item has a UPC on the list, it should scan when you print it out so you can check if it's on clearance at your Target before you even try to hunt it down.

I keep forgetting about this, I've finally marked it on my favorites menu on my toolbar to remind me when I look at the Target coupons to also look at that list.

Thanks

I just got back from target, Most of the disney stix were $50-100 but i did find 2 of the CARS one marked down to $25, the packages were ripped so i'm not sure if thats why they weere marked down or not. I looked and it only held 60 songs so i decided not to get it for my sister, besides i think she may be getting a little old for it anyway! LOL but just a heads up....check the ends of the isles for clearenced items!!:fluffy:

I bought a cars disney stix today at Target on clearance for 24.98. I am hoping that it is an mp3 player as that is what my 6 year old wants. He wants to be like his older brother. Anyway, I think that I understand what a disney stik is, it is an mp3 player and a disney chip player. is that right? help?

:gdwelcome: to the GottaDeal forums, Neair21. I look forward to hearing about your Target finds.

And welcome to everyone else new that I missed while I was working on, and recovering from, Beorn's bar mitzvah. We're glad to have you join us.

Dosen't the one spot stuff usually go on clearance right before the holiday? I remember the one spot easter stuff being 4/$1 before easter and before the rest of the easter stuff went on clearance.

I bought a cars disney stix today at Target on clearance for 24.98. I am hoping that it is an mp3 player as that is what my 6 year old wants. He wants to be like his older brother. Anyway, I think that I understand what a disney stik is, it is an mp3 player and a disney chip player. is that right? help?

Yes, it is an MP3 player. You can add songs via usb, or buy the disney pre-loaded memory cards that contain an entire cd on them. I'm not sure about the Mix Stix, but the Mix Max I got says its expandable by SD media cards as well.