Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

School supplies were marked to 75% but backpacks were only 50% today. I did go looking for the picnic baskets but no luck today. I didn't have much luck at Target today, but I did find a medium sized water slide at Walmart marked down for $199 to $65.

I got a personal vending machine marked down from $99.99 to $24.98. 75% off. It displays 3 of your favorite drinks and it holds 18. I thought this would be cute for hubby during football season to put his cold beer in. In the den or even on the patio when we have company over. Its just cute and I loved the price:D

I got a personal vending machine marked down from $99.99 to $24.98. 75% off. It displays 3 of your favorite drinks and it holds 18. I thought this would be cute for hubby during football season to put his cold beer in. In the den or even on the patio when we have company over. Its just cute and I loved the price:D

I heard about this over on another forum, but what section of the store would it be located in?

I usually just come to this thread to whine about not finding anything, but I sure hit the jackpot yesterday afternoon. I got washable marker sets, fine and wide...12 cents a box! Packs of dozen fun color roller ball pens...33 cents each..... fabric covered (blank inside) journals, 73 cents each. That is only a few of the items, I really stocked up and was almost hiding my basket because I didn't to alert any other shoppers of my "score". I suppose that makes me selfish and the worst part is the fact I know that, I just don't care. Okay, don't hate me because I am selfish. Kristyn

I heard about this over on another forum, but what section of the store would it be located in?

I found this on an endcap of the housewares dept. It was on the bottom shelf by some clearance glasses. I kept reading the box and looking at it. Trying to decide where to put it and then finally throw my hands up and said I'm getting it and I'll find a place for it!!

Do not feel bad at all! Remember, you're helping Target make space for new items that other (silly) people will pay full price for!

I honestly think Target has their inventory management perfectly tuned: they turn over items very quickly (buy it now or it might be gone), the regular prices on things are very appealing to many shoppers, and they keep enough amazing clearance deals to keep all of us shopping and chatting about it. You don't see a thread "Perimeter Perusing at WalMart" do you?

Do not feel bad at all! Remember, you're helping Target make space for new items that other (silly) people will pay full price for!

I honestly think Target has their inventory management perfectly tuned: they turn over items very quickly (buy it now or it might be gone), the regular prices on things are very appealing to many shoppers, and they keep enough amazing clearance deals to keep all of us shopping and chatting about it. You don't see a thread "Perimeter Perusing at WalMart" do you?

I am with you, I can never find the clearance stuff at Walmart, ours turned into a Super one and is pretty large. In fact, there today and two elderly woman were so lost, they were trying to find light bulbs and had been back and forth trying to find them, I told them where it was but I get it....I love Target, I go in there more now than into Walmart. Their prices are fine and love their clearance!

I just got home from target. Our school supplies are now 75% too. I spent $10 and got 5 mead 5star notebooks... several folders... some pens...whiteout..the dry kind a new wastebasket for my computer room.. post its and a clock... oh and a pair of shorts to go running in :)

I'm pretty darn happy! walked out with 3 bags for $10!! :cheesy:

I just got back from Target, backpacks are now at 75% and I managed to pick up a couple of princess ones for xmas gifts. They did block the aisle after awhile so that the people marking them down could finish without being bothered by shoppers.

You guys are not only incredibly helpful, but I could hear your voices in my head when I was shopping. I found one of the vending machines and I looked at it, looked at it...could hear you guys.... I walked away...thought about it and put it in my cart and now it is home with me..forever!! LOL

I may go back in a day or 2 as ours had some bedding that was 75% off. Some of it may be a good buy to use as washable throws for couch and chair since we have dogs.

So thanks everyone! I found a vending machine!! :yup:

I went to our older Target this am and they were clearance central. I got flips flops for .74 and 1.74. pack of 10 one subject notebooks .25, Elephant animal inflatable bouncer (like those balls you bounce on but its an animal) 4.24, Pro vive 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner was clearance for 1.89. I had a coupon for buy 2 get 4.00 off so they were free! Index cards .11, photo note cards (i use them to create bday invites with a pic of my daughter on the front) they have a glitter sparkle border 1.89 for a pack of 6 or 8. Toms brand car products toothpaste 1.74, mouthwash 2.24, soaps and washes but i dont remember the prices. They had so much but I had very limited funds

I went to our older Target this am and they were clearance central. I got flips flops for .74 and 1.74. pack of 10 one subject notebooks .25, Elephant animal inflatable bouncer (like those balls you bounce on but its an animal) 4.24, Pro vive 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner was clearance for 1.89. I had a coupon for buy 2 get 4.00 off so they were free! Index cards .11, photo note cards (i use them to create bday invites with a pic of my daughter on the front) they have a glitter sparkle border 1.89 for a pack of 6 or 8. Toms brand car products toothpaste 1.74, mouthwash 2.24, soaps and washes but i dont remember the prices. They had so much but I had very limited funds

Congrats on the finds!

I'll be heading to target this evening, and hope to get some good scores. On Saturday when I was there, there was Listerine, the Vive Pro, some Dove stuff, etc on clearance, but I have coupons for all of those that I didn't have with me, so hopefully I'll be able to pick them all up tonight if there are any left :)

I'm pretty sure I saw that elephant bouncer last trip as well, but it didn't have a clearance sticker on it like the others in the aisle did, I'll have to see if it's still there tonight :cool:

Backpacks were 75% off at mine but not too many left.

I got 2 Loreal VivePro Shampoo for Men for $1.98 and had a $2 off and a $1 off coupon so it was .96 for 2 of them, Dove Cool Moisture Lotion with a bonus small self tanning lotion was 2.25 minus $2 off coupon making it .25, Almay Coverup with a Concealer for 3.24 minus $2 coupon making 1.24 for both. They had bug spray and Target brand suncreen for $1-$2 each and neither expired until 2009. They also had Colgate toothpaste with a bonus small tube of toothpaste for $1.25, there may be coupons out there for Colgate but I didn't have any. I think that's all that I saw/got.

Congrats on the finds!

I'll be heading to target this evening, and hope to get some good scores. On Saturday when I was there, there was Listerine, the Vive Pro, some Dove stuff, etc on clearance, but I have coupons for all of those that I didn't have with me, so hopefully I'll be able to pick them all up tonight if there are any left :)

I'm pretty sure I saw that elephant bouncer last trip as well, but it didn't have a clearance sticker on it like the others in the aisle did, I'll have to see if it's still there tonight :cool:

I feel silly... I didn't realize target took coupons.... :blush: