Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Same here in Jacksonville....nothing great. I did get palmolive oxy for 66 cents per 13 oz which was cheaper than the large ones of regular palmolive as they were 1.97 for 25 oz. I dont care what brand as long as it cleans....

Boy am I bummed out . I am usually the queen of the bargains at Target but my well has been dry for at least a week now. I am sorry but Target is dead wrong if they think that 30 or even 50% off is a clearance, I want to see some that make you do a double take! I suppose I'll keep trying.The fact remains that I am still addicted to Target. DArn it!

I got a blanket/throw for $8. One side is a pink satin type fabric and the other is a purple fleece fabric. It wasn't marked and didn't have the UPC anymore, so I took it up to the service desk and they let me have it for the $8. I remember seeing them for $39, so i'm happy!! LOL

I also got some trial/travel sizes of nivea face wash for men for .48 and a set of green/orange/blue melamine mixing bowls for $7.48. I'm waiting for the aisle with the dryers and curling irons to be moved to an endcap. They are only at 30% now and that's not enough.

Boy am I bummed out . I am usually the queen of the bargains at Target but my well has been dry for at least a week now. I am sorry but Target is dead wrong if they think that 30 or even 50% off is a clearance, I want to see some that make you do a double take! I suppose I'll keep trying.The fact remains that I am still addicted to Target. DArn it!

Krissy, is your store putting a bunch of clearance on one aisle near the bathroom fixture aisle or near the office supplies and crafts? It is only 30% off...yuck and it seems that they are holding the percents longer or maybe I am just growing more impatient! hahahah

I just hope they clearance diapers, wipes, and toys soon....we have a lot of 2t and 3t boys clothes!....i can dream right? seems the boys stuff is always gone.....

At my Target in Bloomington, MN I found some picture frames 75% as well. One, fairly large, by Thomasville, originally 24.99 now 6.24! also some saw great deals in the hardware section for bulbs, knobs, hooks, etc.....

Krissy, is your store putting a bunch of clearance on one aisle near the bathroom fixture aisle or near the office supplies and crafts? It is only 30% off...yuck and it seems that they are holding the percents longer or maybe I am just growing more impatient! hahahah

I just hope they clearance diapers, wipes, and toys soon....we have a lot of 2t and 3t boys clothes!....i can dream right? seems the boys stuff is always gone.....

Wow, it seems like you have my san jose mapped out pretty well. But in answer, no they have had the same stuff for a while which is basically overpriced. I can handle the fact that it's junk, just not the overpriced junk part. I don't know if you saw a post I had a few weeks ago about kmart on san jose, I got so many girl things in your kids sizes for DIRT cheap. I went there a few days ago and it looks like they still have a lot left, it is mostly girl stuff but fair amount of boy stuff. If you want me to check for boy sizes 2-3T ,I can go over tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it was mosty wintery (as much winter as jax can get!) so if they have boy things, you might want to consider bigger sizes to hang onto for another 6-8 months. If I can help, let me know. I must say that San Jose is a shoppers heaven, target, walmart, kmart, TJ maxx, Marshalls, Bealls, Big Lots, and just about everything else all within just a few miles of eachother. By hte way, I don't know if you shop Bealls (not the outlet, the regular store) but when they have clearance, they practically give the stuff away. I bought a few bags there last week that were 70% off, then 40% off ALL bags (even clearance), then an additional 40% off storewide clearance. They honestly were almost freebies! Kristyn

Wow, it seems like you have my san jose mapped out pretty well. But in answer, no they have had the same stuff for a while which is basically overpriced. I can handle the fact that it's junk, just not the overpriced junk part. I don't know if you saw a post I had a few weeks ago about kmart on san jose, I got so many girl things in your kids sizes for DIRT cheap. I went there a few days ago and it looks like they still have a lot left, it is mostly girl stuff but fair amount of boy stuff. If you want me to check for boy sizes 2-3T ,I can go over tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it was mosty wintery (as much winter as jax can get!) so if they have boy things, you might want to consider bigger sizes to hang onto for another 6-8 months. If I can help, let me know. I must say that San Jose is a shoppers heaven, target, walmart, kmart, TJ maxx, Marshalls, Bealls, Big Lots, and just about everything else all within just a few miles of eachother. By hte way, I don't know if you shop Bealls (not the outlet, the regular store) but when they have clearance, they practically give the stuff away. I bought a few bags there last week that were 70% off, then 40% off ALL bags (even clearance), then an additional 40% off storewide clearance. They honestly were almost freebies! Kristyn

I havent been to the Mandarin store in a few months now but I noticed that is how they are doing some of the clearance in Fleming Island and Wells. I dont go to the fleming store much but they do seem to have quite different clearance stuff so it is usually a nice suprise.....The one at NAS on Roosevelt I think gets picked over alot by the military moms, which is good for them....who doesnt love a deal....and hey, it is right next door! I was just given a large bag of clothing for Andrews birthday but I may check the kmart near me to see what they have. I really hate going in there it is so dull and dreary.....I know that is one of the reasons I love target so bright and generally clean feeling! I swear they put something in the air....hahahah

I purchased Trail mix last nite at Target.. And got home and the stuff had expired 2 months ago!! Very dissapointed.. I am sure it is fine .. But never expected this from Target!

That kind of food should last a long time. I eat expired stuff all the time! :D

darn, another trip to Target today with no goodies found/ I mean NOTHING! The acceptance of this fact is becoming alarmingly more difficult to handle. I may have to start searching for a 12-step program. Good night. Krisytn

NAH< just take 12 steps into a different target.....Try Regency or Avenues ;)

Tonight at Target I was looking at a pair of men's flip flops (thongs, etc, whatever you call them) and realized that while all of the other sizes were $9.99, the sign under my size (7) said $2.48. I showed the woman working in that section and she confirmed that it did indeed say that, so even though they rang up at full price she told them to give them to me for $2.48!

I figure it was some kind of compensation since it was the THIRD Target I'd been to since the first two were out of everything on my list.

On the AOL board it has been posted that the blue dot merchandise in the One Spot is ringing up half off. I need to get goodies for the Easter Bunny to hand out here in Village Housing, where I'm an activities programmer. I think 50 cents an item will suffice. I'll be running by there shortly, and hope I haven't missed out.

I would normally wait for 75% off, but I need at least 50 items...