What time do you get in line?

RossMAN

What time do you get in line on Black Friday morning?  

614 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you get in line on Black Friday morning?

• Thanksgiving Day just after dinner - hardcore BF shopper!
    • Midnight - 2AM
    • 2AM - 4AM
    • 4AM - 6AM
    • 6AM - 8AM
    • That's what your spouse or children are for
    • None of the above I prefer to shop online @ GottaDeal.com

Does anyone live in the charlotte, nc area and camped out at best buy last year? We're planning on going to the one in the university area. I'm still not sure what time we should get there? 10pm seems awfully early, but 1 or 2am seems too late. Wish I knew what to expect.

If you are a fast runner, you can get there just as the door opens.( I know, I just about got my arm broke from someone running past me in Sears last year). I guess she really wanted that 10.00 gift card. She looked like a big mean BULLDOG. I mean BIG !! I hope I see her this year. I am ready !!!

i think both of the last 2 years i was there 30-40 mins before opening (bb in 03, target in 04)..at bb there were a good hundred (or two) people ahead of me but i just wanted dvds, then at target i was one of the first 50 or so (we were all huddled into the area between the sets of doors bc it was so cold :()

this year im going to walmart for 3:30, but again i dont need any of the doorbuster-type stuff (at least i dont think i do - what's at walmart that everyone's gonna be grabbing for?)

I will be getting the door buster bb dvds from wal mart to price match, some items from target to price match, and the little people playsets and the 16 qt roaster from there too! lol needless to say I will be there at about 1am!

im also looking to price match on the bb dvds, & for the little people sets, plus the dual-screen (in-car) dvd player & care bear...should i be going earlier? :confused:

10pm should be fine. I was planning on going there at midnight. Now that I think about it more and more, I think I should go at 10pm. I think what Ill do is drive by at 10pm and check out the line situation then.

Well i talked to the guy at bb and he said that last year they were lined up at closing. well bb isnt open on tday this year so i was thinking, it will close at ten wed nite. So 10pm thursday nite it will be.

Good idea about driving by. Man is the excitement killing you 2? or is it just me?

I just did an all nighter for the Xbox launch....it f'ing sucks. Was cold, bored, hungry, cold, tired, and cold. I will be a little more prepared for BF...but im not looking forward to it. After I get done with BB, I have go to work until 11pm. Looking at a 17 hour work day on top of no sleep with BF crowds. :D

I just did an all nighter for the Xbox launch....it f'ing sucks. Was cold, bored, hungry, cold, tired, and cold. I will be a little more prepared for BF...but im not looking forward to it. After I get done with BB, I have go to work until 11pm. Looking at a 17 hour work day on top of no sleep with BF crowds. :D

Wow! Man good luck. Your gonna go crazy.

One question, what was the temperature last nite?

Alimfp- 9pm should just about do it! :) Im crazy and gonna be in line early!

Wow! Man good luck. Your gonna go crazy.

One question, what was the temperature last nite?

Alimfp- 9pm should just about do it! :) Im crazy and gonna be in line early!

I dunno, probably only 50....im SoCal born and raised....we don't take kindly to anything under 70. ;)

im also looking to price match on the bb dvds, & for the little people sets, plus the dual-screen (in-car) dvd player & care bear...should i be going earlier? :confused:

I think I would if I were you, well depending where you are. Where are you shopping this year? I am going so early because I have to get a lot in my cart before getting in line and I know that the little people and care bears are going fast! I called my wm to see how busy they get, you might want to do that too. One said people start getting there at midnight and another said 3! lol I think I eill take the chance that there will be people there at midnight and if not I can always put stuff on layaway and go sit in my car Or I can hop into my cart and play tetris on my game boy!