How many years have you been Black Friday-ing it?

ChristmasShopping

I know this is asked every year but I find it interesting, especially considering this year I am taking two newbies out for their first time.

I have been going since the early 90's. Use to go out with my mom and my first real Black Friday memory is standing in line at Toys R US with Easy Bake Ovens and Light Brites. It took use 2 hours to get everything and get thru the line.

I have only been going since 2002, so this will be my 8th year. I knew NOTHING about BF shopping until my mom mentioned it to me. I had my daughter in July of that year, so she was only a couple months old, but my mom told me how I could go out & get her clothes, toys, etc for killer prices. She said, pratically everything is put on sale. I went. It wasn't a very good first experience, but I soon got the hang of it & starting planning and strategizing. I absolutely love it now & can't imagine not going out.

My best friend and I have been going since our boys were probably around 3, so about 9 years. I had twins so it was nearly impossible for me to go before then. I can remember one of them with me one year when they were about 5. They are 12 now, so I can't get away with that anymore without them seeing what I am buying them. My best friend and I have went all 9 of those years together, except for 1 and that was because her kids were sick.

We just decided to go try to save a little money and now it has turned into something we plan for months to do. We look forward to Black Friday every year.

My DD is now 24, so probably close to 24 years. My DH still does not get it and thinks I'm crazy, but since I usually pay for all the gifts, he can't say anything. Thank god I have a grandson 4, who I can still go out and shop for since all mine are grown, although I still find things for them on BF. I think I would go nuts if I couldn't go out on BF. I have trained my DD, and her husband doesn't get it either (his parents never did it because of 1 bad experience). My 2 boys (19 &21) go out and help me out now. Hopefully training them well.

I have been going for about 10 years or so. I always worked on black Friday to help my brother out since he was the manager at a kb toys.. I loved it. I would work from like 3am till noon then hit the stores...For the past 5 years I have been hardcore Black Fridaying it =)... Am out from 10pm the night b4 from around 4ish the next afternoon!!...I will be on vacation that week this year so Im interested to see how I will work that out not being at my regular stores but I can't wait!!

I've been going steadily every year since 1998, the year before my last son was born. I remember going with Mom and Dad when we were just kids and it seems like there was hardly anyone out back then! We didn't refer to it as Black Friday back then, just shopping the day after Thanksgiving.

1992 is the first year I remember doing it (may have gone a few times before that tagging along with the parrents). The "deal" I got that year I never ended up giving as a gift and is still wrapped and in a tote in the garage. Can you believe my wife calls me a pack-rat (lol).

Things were a lot different back then. First in line got there an hour or two before the store opened. Funny how things change.

2004 was my first year so this will make my 7th Black Friday. They go by fast. They all seem to be a little different and each year I think we have a different plan. Hoping this year will be great! I have been trying to get my good friend to come down (she lives about 2 hrs away) and go shopping! Her birthday is the 23rd -sometimes it's TG Day or even BF so it's hard for her to justify going out of town to shop with a friend. She's never really Black Friday shopped and I think she would love it.

This will be my 16th year :eyepoppin

I remember going to WalMart in 1994 with my mom and dad to get the TV they had on sale that BF, it was for me and my sister to go with our Super Nintendo we were also getting that year.

I had that TV until a couple months ago when it finally quit working.

My mom and I started going when I was 15. The first year we scored a $500 computer. :) I'll be 30 this year, so I've been going 15 years. This year I'll be taking my 18 year old exchange student with me. She is already super excited about it!

Around 15 years. Started about 18 years ago but spent a few years in England where BF doesn't exist. Early years was all about gifts for smaller children in extended family more recently it's been for immediate family and myself. Oh to go back to the not so busy KBToys days at 5am or whenever they started sales, anywhere seems like a jungle these days. My parents stood in line around the back of Walmart last year AFTER getting doorbusters elsewhere and I still remember line around BestBuy about 10am when I remembered there was some sports game they had cheaper than anyone else.