Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Green dollar spot was 75% off at my store today. It was marked 50% thru 10/31, but scanned 75% off. It was all mixed up at my store, green pink, purple, and even brown spots were tossed haphazardly everywhere. I found an Elmo board book, Disney baby socks, and some Fancy Nancy lotion for .25 each.

horrible day at target....

i am not sure if anyone has had this exerience... had to do some returns.... i had picked wallets when they went on clearance couple of weeks ago.... they said they don't sell this brand... how can that be... i just bought it from target...they said the tag and some inside no did not match... (couldn't fight them then as i had my lil one with me) ...

then at the checkout they refused to take a olay coupon...(valid ...date /product) saying the coupon is on one product and i wanted to buy a twin pack....ugh.....:mad:

may be i am going to target too often..shd cut back...:mad:

i am not sure if anyone has had this exerience... had to do some returns.... i had picked wallets when they went on clearance couple of weeks ago.... they said they don't sell this brand... how can that be... i just bought it from target...they said the tag and some inside no did not match... (couldn't fight them then as i had my lil one with me) ...

then at the checkout they refused to take a olay coupon...(valid ...date /product) saying the coupon is on one product and i wanted to buy a twin pack....ugh.....:mad:

mad:

I've been doing a fair amount of returns over the past couple months and haven't had a single problem. I have always had my receipts and the items were unopened w/ tags still attached. Maybe try returning to another target if you have one, or try that same target again when someone else is working customer service?

As for the coupon I've has non-stop coupon problems w/ Target-- to the point I have drastically limited my coupon shopping with them. If the coupons wording really didn't exclude twin packs you could go to customer service and try using it there (I've had better luck w/ customer service knowing the coupon policies whereas many (most) cashiers don't.) I also know some people will ask for a manager before giving up on a coupon with a cashier or call corporate right there in the store and then corporate calls the store and "re-educates" them. Never done this personally in store but have read many accounts of it working if you have the time to make the call.

I know over my many, many hours at target over the past months I have gotten to know who the good, the mediocre, and the terrible employees are and adjust my shopping. There is one cashier I simply refuse to go to any more-- I've stood there waiting for another line to open a couple of times when she was the only one checking out.

I've been doing a fair amount of returns over the past couple months and haven't had a single problem. I have always had my receipts and the items were unopened w/ tags still attached. Maybe try returning to another target if you have one, or try that same target again when someone else is working customer service?

As for the coupon I've has non-stop coupon problems w/ Target-- to the point I have drastically limited my coupon shopping with them. If the coupons wording really didn't exclude twin packs you could go to customer service and try using it there (I've had better luck w/ customer service knowing the coupon policies whereas many (most) cashiers don't.) I also know some people will ask for a manager before giving up on a coupon with a cashier or call corporate right there in the store and then corporate calls the store and "re-educates" them. Never done this personally in store but have read many accounts of it working if you have the time to make the call.

I know over my many, many hours at target over the past months I have gotten to know who the good, the mediocre, and the terrible employees are and adjust my shopping. There is one cashier I simply refuse to go to any more-- I've stood there waiting for another line to open a couple of times when she was the only one checking out.

I have to agree that it is worth trying another store if you have one. Or simply another employee. However, with the wallet, it could have been a return where someone did a switcheroo and returned a non-Target item. I've seen a LOT of that around here. It is a particular problem with collectible toys. We have had a rash of people buying the collector's action figures, switching them out for cheapos from the dollar store and returning the packages to Target (and Walmart & TRU). We've heard other reports on here of similar shenanigans. I bought a big Lego castle a few years ago on clearance only to discover it had been returned with a bunch of junk in the box to make it seem like the right weight. Pretty sad.

I also agree it is very worthwhile getting to know the employees of a particular store. It is especially helpful to get to know them by name without having to look at their badge & to say hi to them by name when you see them around the store away from the registers. Commiserate with them when they are sick and when they are getting treated badly (which happens a lot at Target on the registers). I have a LOT fewer problems with coupons like you describe because of this. And I genuinely like the employees I have taken the time to get to know. They are nice people and they like making people happy when they can.

I had to laugh at the comment about waiting to have someone else open. I have one store where there are 2 older male employees who literally just throw my stuff into the bags, they are crabby and nothing ever goes smoothly. I WILL NOT checkout at their lanes unless I am buying something that cannot be damaged by them and without coupons or issues. UGH!

I have to agree that it is worth trying another store if you have one. Or simply another employee. However, with the wallet, it could have been a return where someone did a switcheroo and returned a non-Target item. I've seen a LOT of that around here. It is a particular problem with collectible toys. We have had a rash of people buying the collector's action figures, switching them out for cheapos from the dollar store and returning the packages to Target (and Walmart & TRU). We've heard other reports on here of similar shenanigans. I bought a big Lego castle a few years ago on clearance only to discover it had been returned with a bunch of junk in the box to make it seem like the right weight. Pretty sad.

I also agree it is very worthwhile getting to know the employees of a particular store. It is especially helpful to get to know them by name without having to look at their badge & to say hi to them by name when you see them around the store away from the registers. Commiserate with them when they are sick and when they are getting treated badly (which happens a lot at Target on the registers). I have a LOT fewer problems with coupons like you describe because of this. And I genuinely like the employees I have taken the time to get to know. They are nice people and they like making people happy when they can.

Thx for the support.... last night i tried looking the nos in the wallet .... and they match...she just wasn't looking....i intend to take it back to the same person just to make sure it doesn't happen again to anyone else....

as far as the coupons ... i try to get the date/product valid ...i had problems using coupons but till yesterday i didn't have a problem buying a twin pack with a valid coupon... i don't know why they have trouble accepting coupons....

anyways Happy Halloween....have fun guys !!!!!

Thanks so much for the tip about the green spot being 75% off. At our store they were all mixed in and NO sign of any kind showing they were anything other than full price, so I had my pick of what was left! I got about 24 pairs of socks and a ton of Star Wars Yo Yos and pens, and various notepad type things, plus some Woodstock lip gloss and a Snoopy mug. It was really fun going "hunting" for the green dots mixed in with all the rest.

I also found the Reebok duffel thanks to a pp, but at our store it was only 50% off so I passed. While there I did find these:

###Disney Princess Little Girl's soft backpack (looks like a pink castle) 75% off for $2.48 069030092

Also, in toiletries:

###Lysol To Go Travel Spray $1.72 (not sure but I think this is 50% off) 003050438

In regards to using coupons at target, they had a news story here (I only caught part of it) about target coupons not ringing correctly and if you knew that yours didn't, to go back to the stores and they will give a refund. Not sure how you can prove it though, what the coupons were and how they rang up. With my latest purchases, coupons are attaching to the wrong items and I can't hardly even tell what goes with what anymore. They story said something about Target is aware of the coupon problem and working to resolve it. Hmmmmmm interesting. Seems like they have had problems with that for a LONG time. I went over the weekend and every coupon popped up a screen to verify the amount of the item before accepting the coupon. Took forever to checkout. And in regards to using the coupon on the olay product that was a double pack, they were explaining it to one woman that you can only use it on a single item and not a double pack. I know I have used them before on double packs and it worked just fine, but then you have those that refuse to let you so I guess it's a ymmv thing.....

I haven't had coupon problems, but they would not do a price adjustment yesterday on some stuff I bought a couple days earlier. Both are ad items and they just said the system would not let them do it. So I walked in and re-bought both items and hauled them up to guest services and returned them on the original receipt. Very, very annoying.

Just back from a quick trip, I picked up some candy (30%), a couple of stuffed toys (50%), some decor items (50%). My big find was the bag of classic chips, the lunch bags in te big bag for 50% off. That will take care of D's lunch until the winter holiday. Check the Halloween aisle and the regular chip row, the outer bag has a black "vampire" on the front.

Halloween in North DFW at 50% with the exception of candy. That is 30% off. (Across the street at Wally World, all Halloween candy was 50%).

Dollar spot cleared out. Resetting for Christmas stuff this morning.

Broke down and bought the Westinghouse TV I was stalking. They had 6 last Thursday, and all were gone this morning except one that was tucked behind another model. Decent reviews (mostly 3 our of 5 stars). I bought it for my bedroom. If anyone has one, would appreciate your thoughts.

###008090763 26" Westinghouse LCD HDTV Model: SK26H640G was $299.99 now 218.98

Mine had

50% off Halloween stuff several costumes, outdoor decor, frankenstein, only 1 jackolantern, some glittery skeletons to hang indoors*think liberace!!, I got none of it.

30% off candy--there was only a handful, not cheap enough price for me.

Dollar spot "naked" resetting for Christmas.

Our store had the candy 30 off, costumes and decor were 50, however the small toys like pet shops, slinkys, and stuff like that were only 30 off today, not 50 like in the past. I found that odd. They had a TON of that stuff too. Was looking for paper towels but didn't find any, found a bunch of napkins though. Watch the items when you pay as some items aren't ringing up on clearance. Luckily I noticed before I left.......

Back to the coupon thing, I have had trouble with all sorts of coupons, not just the 1 off multiples. They have been attaching to the totally wrong item that isn't even the same manufacturer or anything. Really odd. And by that happening, it doesn't give you the full amount off as it adjusts the coupons down (or the cashier does just to get it to take it.) I try not to use too many at one time anymore.

Our store had the candy 30 off, costumes and decor were 50, however the small toys like pet shops, slinkys, and stuff like that were only 30 off today, not 50 like in the past. I found that odd. They had a TON of that stuff too. Was looking for paper towels but didn't find any, found a bunch of napkins though. Watch the items when you pay as some items aren't ringing up on clearance. Luckily I noticed before I left.......

Back to the coupon thing, I have had trouble with all sorts of coupons, not just the 1 off multiples. They have been attaching to the totally wrong item that isn't even the same manufacturer or anything. Really odd. And by that happening, it doesn't give you the full amount off as it adjusts the coupons down (or the cashier does just to get it to take it.) I try not to use too many at one time anymore.

The small toys were signed 30% off in my store too, but were scanning 50% off.

Oops I forgot, my store had about 5 paper towels and 5 napkins... 50% off... and some Halloween DVD's said SALE but not a percentage off

It was crazy busy there, cars from first spot till last! I can't imagine everyone was there for Halloween discount, do you think they are shopping because toy book was out?? I escaped fast!

Our store had the candy 30 off, costumes and decor were 50, however the small toys like pet shops, slinkys, and stuff like that were only 30 off today, not 50 like in the past. I found that odd. .

I remember the Halloween barbies from last year ??? I think (or the year before)... anyway, they didn't get clearanced like years past either. They red stickered them, and Halloween Barbie hung out on the clearance end caps til Valentines Day!! LOL.. i was sorta over her by then.

Our Target had all Halloween stuff 50% - including Barbie (they only had 5), littlest pet shop (they had about 6 or 7). Candy was just 30%. There was not too much to choose from - very little for clothing, or decor. They did have a lot of costumes. Got one shirt for each of my kids for next year, a couple of pairs of socks for my daugter. Also bought A cute cowboy piggy bank and a Halloween Barbie to put away in the birthday gift box.

Has anyone heard if they are going to have the coupon for video games like they did last year?

Found only a few napkins at first few stores, then hit the motherload at a newly opened store and am stocked for the year (I just finished using up last year's Halloween napkins this past week!). They still had a fair amount left after I did my damage. Orange center Oreos are 50% off. The other key on the chip bags is that it says 23 rather than 22 on the bag. Haven't found them yet, though. Not much left but costumes in the stores I hit. Almost no toys or anything else.