Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Hi guys! I'm Julie, and I'm a perimeter peruser! It's addicting.

Thanks for all the deals! I found tape last night, thanks for the picture! I also looked in the kids' books and found a Fancy Nancy Christmas book that was $1.61! Not marked or anything. The Christmas pajamas here are still ringing up at 30%. The toys are 30-50%. I stashed some, we'll see if that works! :)

Welcome :).... nice to see so many new addicts.... err I mean forum contributors!!!

Pensacola FL Target on Blue Angel was marking down to 75% yesterday afternoon (Thursday 1/7) while I was there! Got some great deals:

###204070175 Yo Gabba Gabba Large Playset Asst - DJ Lance Boombox Megabloks 7.48

###204070156 Yo Gabba Gabba Megabloks 2 sets that go w/ the boombox 2.48 each

###086060210 Barbie I Can Be Newborn Nursery Doll Play Set 4.98

###086020575 Mattel Disney Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Kitchen Play Set 6.24

###087070415 Cars Mater (stunt thing) 6.24

###204100132 Parents fun cube 5.94

###086000593 Parents Bristle Blocks Acrobats 6.24

###087070237 Hot Wheels (stunt set thing) 3.98

###204100369 Playskool Clipo Feature Hippo 4.98

###204040913 LeapFrog Tag Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat 5.04 w/$4 coupon was 1.04

###086000112 Cars Aquadoodle my first coloring 2.48

Went to the other P-cola Targets today (Cordova and the one by Kohls) and they were still 30% and 50% on toys (I scanned a few things to double check). If anyone is in my area and sees those stores drop please post! None of them has any Christmas stuff left. I couldn't find any of the "neat" deals like tape or Oreos at any of them. All the PJ's people have posted about are either not marked down at all here, or only 15% or 30% even though they have "Christmasy" things on them (I scanned to check)

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for autolisting

This morning I went to a Target store in a small town about 30 minutes from my home. I did find the tape and some Pepperidge Farm almond cookies (shaped as Christmas wreaths) that showed no price when I scanned them. I brought them to Customer Service and they somewhat reluctantly sold it all to me for 90% off. What is the Target policy anyway? I wasn't going to push it cuz I know it is an almost unbelievable good deal but I didn't like the cold looks I was getting either. ??? My kids and I (and I hate to admit this) were looking for the farting pens but could not find them. Maybe they are all salvaged by now. Would love to know what the policy on salvaged items is. It is a bummer to find the items and then not be able to buy them or find them and have to make a case for them and then get the chilly reception. I looked for the Archer Farms macadamia nut caramel clusters and both stores had them but they were scanning at $3.99. ???

Also, my dh was able to find men's black snowpants at 50% off ($14.98?) at one of the stores near his workplace but I don't think they sold adult sized snowpants in the stores I frequent. Also, Chex cereals are selling for $2.04/box. I used 2/$1 off coupons so it was a decent deal IMO. They have rice, wheat, corn, and Honey Nut Chex at this price. I wonder if the sports items (golf clubs, tennis equipment, etc.) will be clearanced at the same time as the toys.

HTH.... Love all the tips here. Many thanks to all of you for posting.

I went to the Oaks, PA Target today, and the kids soap/shave sets were finally at 50% off, so I went ahead and got them. The toys were still at 30-50% off, and had lots, so I'm going to hold out and hope they go 75% soon.

I guess they've taken the Christmas clearance to salvage, cuz I found 2 of the Trio Airplanes, which scanned at $0.00 -- I sucessfully talked the cashier into selling them to me for $0.49 each, but she was a bit reluctant.

I tried Walmart, but huge disappointment there. I got excited when I found a whole shelf of Viva holiday papertowels, but they scanned at regular price.

A big thank you to Rockiesgirl for posting the picture of the tape, I finally got them and was able to do the happy dance all the way out the store!!! :D

I went to the Arlington Heights, IL Target, one that I normally do not go to bc it's a bit farther than the other stores, they had a bunch of them with the little price in the corner but they were scanning "item not found". I went over to customer service, told the woman they were part of the Christmas clearance and should be 90% off and could I still get them. She sold them to me for .19 each without a problem!!! Must have been my lucky day to get such a nice employee!! :)

I was able to get 20 rolls of tape!!

Edited by ChicagoMama

I found 9 pkgs of the the 3 pks of tape today for .29 each. They scanned as $0 so I found a team member who looked to be helping mark down things and she said they should have been salvaged so I should just tell the cashier that they should sell them to me at 90% off original price. I was soooooo happy :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Also the Targt by me is completely resetting their cookware and bakeware aisles. They are putting a display of Giada (sp?) cookware up and a lot of new things were added to the endcaps for clearance. They were only 30% off though. I found a dinosaur mold for baking and just couldn't resist as they had only one left and I have bdays coming up!

Toys mostly 30% and 50% w/ very few 75% mixed in.

I found 9 pkgs of the the 3 pks of tape today for .29 each. They scanned as $0 so I found a team member who looked to be helping mark down things and she said they should have been salvaged so I should just tell the cashier that they should sell them to me at 90% off original price. I was soooooo happy :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Do the 3 pks also have the price in small print on the boxes?

TIA

I've heard that Christmas is salvaged most places, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but just remember that anything you find that comes "up item not found" may require a bit of cajoling to get them to sell it to you.

Some stores do without any hesitation. Others act as if you've just found a ticking time bomb and do whatever they can to get the item out of your hands and into the salvage bin.

They did this to me with some Halloween pixos, they absolutely refused to sell them to me. I told them that there were plenty of them still on the shelf and they better remove them if they don't plan on selling them to anyone, do you know that they are STILL on the shelf??? AND coming up item not found!! :confused:

Ughhh! Ain't that the truth. Found four packs of tape, two Mini-Cooties games, a Burpmaster pen, and two packs of the Christmas/Holiday Uno cards... all ringing up INF. Considering that was all I had, I knew it wasn't going to be good. Went up to pay and sure enough, the cashier gave me a hard time. I told her it was all clearance and suppose to be 90% off. She went over to Customer Service to ask, and came back with the regular full prices for everything.

Sigh.

The ones I bought had it in small print on the top of the package. Think the three packs were regular 2.99??? So 90 off .29!

Thanks.... I will check my store. I found the single pack, but didn't think to look for the 3 pack. Thanks again!

I went to the Oaks, PA Target today, and the kids soap/shave sets were finally at 50% off, so I went ahead and got them. The toys were still at 30-50% off, and had lots, so I'm going to hold out and hope they go 75% soon.

I guess they've taken the Christmas clearance to salvage, cuz I found 2 of the Trio Airplanes, which scanned at $0.00 -- I sucessfully talked the cashier into selling them to me for $0.49 each, but she was a bit reluctant.

I tried Walmart, but huge disappointment there. I got excited when I found a whole shelf of Viva holiday papertowels, but they scanned at regular price.

Yea...WM has been a disappointment for me too. Hardly any clearance toys and they can't be more than 30% off. Christmas clearance was almost nonexistent today but they did have about half an isle left. Made a huge announcement that nothing in holiday clearance would be more than $1. Had signs too. So excitedly ran over and picked up about 8 things. Get to the register and they all ring up OVER $1 but they were 75% off. I was pissed. So I was only paying a couple dollars more, but still. If they are advertising nothing over $1 they should at least mark the items to represent that. I love WM, but will certainly be doing my clearance shopping at Target from now on.

Has anyone noticed whether or not the tool sets have been marked down to 75% off? I saw them all orange stickered earlier this week but since I haven't been to Target in awhile, I'm not sure exactly when they were initially marked down.

There are a few different sets... some have a tape measure, screwdrivers, wrenches; I think there is just a single tape measure also part of that group. Most that I saw earlier this week were 30-50% off. Seems like they do tools/automotive area toward the end of the week. That is why I am asking.

TIA!

No, they haven't. They marked the solar garden lights (well most of them), but not the tools.

Went to my normal 2 stores after dropping the kiddos off at school and found the 2nd store had marked toys down this morning. Decided to bite the bullet and buy the Legos at 50% and use my 10% shopping day. So, the I decided to trail around to several other stores and found most of the ones in our area had done the same, and most of what I wanted was already 75%. Not that there was much. Only the one store has many Legos. Got a couple of Space Police & several of the Power Miners sets. Hid a larger Star Wars set at one store not far away. Found the Spy Gear video RC car for $25. Will NOT give that to DS! Might sell it to re-coup some of what I spent. All in all a good day and it means I don't have to go out next week.

Oh, and I got a Spike for $32.

Went to my normal 2 stores after dropping the kiddos off at school and found the 2nd store had marked toys down this morning. Decided to bite the bullet and buy the Legos at 50% and use my 10% shopping day. So, the I decided to trail around to several other stores and found most of the ones in our area had done the same, and most of what I wanted was already 75%. Not that there was much. Only the one store has many Legos. Got a couple of Space Police & several of the Power Miners sets. Hid a larger Star Wars set at one store not far away. Found the Spy Gear video RC car for $25. Will NOT give that to DS! Might sell it to re-coup some of what I spent. All in all a good day and it means I don't have to go out next week.

Wow.....so I wonder if any other stores marked down today. :eek: I did not go to my target today and now I am wondering if they marked down toys again. THey just marked down toys yesterday to 50% off....so I am hoping they didn't to any lower today. :no:

Wow.....so I wonder if any other stores marked down today. :eek: I did not go to my target today and now I am wondering if they marked down toys again. THey just marked down toys yesterday to 50% off....so I am hoping they didn't to any lower today. :no:

Probably not. This store was just behind schedule. It seemed like all the stores I visited that had a bit more left. There were 2 stores that had not marked down as much, but they had far less on the shelves. That's where I stashed the couple of things I wanted to get later.

Probably not. This store was just behind schedule. It seemed like all the stores I visited that had a bit more left. There were 2 stores that had not marked down as much, but they had far less on the shelves. That's where I stashed the couple of things I wanted to get later.

O.k...that makes me feel better. I thought I was going to have to run out tomorrow and check my target. I know you are usually right on the money. :) Now...the pajama day my kids and I have planned is a go for tomorrow (for sure). :tongue1: To cold even down here to go any where. LOL

The kids bath sets went on sale at 50% off today at Manteca Target making them 2.48 a set. They are really good gifts for kids so I picked a few up. The Christmas Story Train Set is still at 50% although I know some Targets have them at 75% off.

Do the 3 pks also have the price in small print on the boxes?

TIA

They had $2.99 in the corner but so did the reg. priced 3 pks. I just picked up two with different upc codes and scanned them. Then I went back and grabbed the ones w/ the upc that came up $0. Otherwise they look identical!

Here are pictures of what I found in the regular toddler/infant clothes that are ringing up 90% off but not marked on the price tags. There were a few others but not in the sizes I needed.

[ATTACH]3304[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the pictures! I went today and had scanned four different Christmas sets which all rang up 30% off, and the I saw the red ones with the dogs. I knew I recognized them from your post, so I scanned them and the came up salvaged. The cashier had to ask a manager about selling them to me, and the manager had to get a calculator to figure out what 90% off would be, but I got them! They still had 6-7 more sets there, but they were all 2T or smaller, which is too small for my kids.

No tape or Oreos, and I only got one Imaginext toy for 75% off (can you tell I had my husband with me?).

Had a great day today at D/FW area Targets. Got tape (about 20). All rang up "item not found" but I had a prior receipt for .19 tape purchase and cashiers at two stores rang them up with no problem. Same with the Christmas 14.99 pj's "item not found". Just showed the cashier my receipt and said, this was on Christmas 90% markdown and again she rang them up. So, it pays to keep the receipts in your purse in case you find other items "item not found" - at least showing the receipt with a prior item on it scored the mark-down price again!

BIG Bonanza at Stacy Rd. Super Target (my first time there) - the entire gondola of seasonal baby onsies, shoes, blankets, bibs, outfits, sleepers at 50% off. I filled my cart for the coming new grandchild, grandnephew and grand? (sex unknown). I attracted a lot of other customers wondering what I was putting in the cart. The display was pretty much stripped after other people caught on.

Whaaaaa-hu! I NEVER ran across a bargain like that en masse with such a great collection.

Various D/FW Targets had 75% of a few toys. I think next week will be 75% at most other stores (gut feeling).

Found that cute little train set for the 75% off also.

I guess no takers on the Spike I found? He was only 50 off. I may try selling him on Craigslist, or just return to store. Anyone in DFW (Houston or Austin) who needs a Spike, let me know - I'll hold a couple of days (total was $70. with tax).

To all those in TEXAS - I soooooo miss everything! I think I did WAY better with bargain hunting there...I started my Target clearance perusing way back around the time dd was born (1996). I also had about 6 (or more) Targets within a 10 mile radius of where I lived (Austin/Round Rock).

Of course that's not all I miss - it's almost like a different country here in PA, for a Texan, anyway.

WOW!!32.00. I didnt realize he was 75% off now. Gonna run to target this afternoon!!

WOW!!32.00. I didnt realize he was 75% off now. Gonna run to target this afternoon!!

In only found him at one of the stores I shopped. I looked to be able to report elsewhere, but didn't see any more. If your store had some stuff go 75% and only had a couple of them, there is a good chance.

From what I'm reading here it seems Target generally does NOT mark down on weekends... is that a correct assumption?

Left my job to be a stay at home mom so I'm loving all these tips for ways to help stretch our $$

Yes, with the exception of seasonal which comes through corporate rather than the price change team marking it manually. The schedule is on the first page of the thread.