Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Thank you so very much to the OP regarding the scotch tape! My Target had a ton of the purple and green ones. Nothing was marked to indicate that they were on clearance. How did you find them at that price if they weren't marked?

Well, mostly it was desperation! My DD is helping to plan a HUGE Girl Scout event (700+) people and they need tape for the craft. I found some 3 paks in with Christmas, and I decided I had nothing to lose by scanning the single paks.:yup:

Somtimes I think I scan about 4 things for every one I buy.

I went to the Targets in Renton and Tukwila in WA. All the toys seemed to be 50% off. I scanned a bunch that were mentioned on here being 75% off but they were still 50% off.

I did however find a bunch of the purple Scotch Tape for .19 each. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit but I bought about 50 of them :D I use this tape all the time for my business but I usually buy the off brand because its much cheaper.

I nearly skipped all the way to the register with my basket full of tape because I was so Happy :cheesy:

Don't be embarrassed. I still have tape stockpiled from a few Christmas' ago. My kids go through it all the time and although I try to teach them about "not wasting" stuff, it's nice not to have to feel like it's that big of a deal with they "desperately NEED it!" for their projects and go through an entire roll in one sitting.

If you can use it and it's a good price, I don't think anyone would blame you!! I know I wouldn't, especially given the fact that Target has gotten much leaner in what it orders and stocks it shelves with these days. The really cheap stuff is harder to find during big clearance sales. Get the stuff while you can cause one of these years Target might decide it's tired of giving Scotch tape away, and we will all be gasping at the thought of paying $1.99 for a roll of tape. LOL

anybody in twin cities, minnesota.. downtown target dont seem to go anything for 75% even toys are 30% PJs not even 50% ..any other part anobody noticed please let me know.

I worked downtown last year and noticed the Nicollet Mall store is way behind the other stores in marking things down. I've gotten things there at 75% some time and other times it went from 30% to gone - like they salvaged it. That store is one of their flagship stores that they use for tours and demonstrations, so maybe they like to keep it cleaner looking and more of the full price retail items. Keep going back if you can, you might score some good deals.

I went to two other stores yesterday and the Otsego store (which is the largest Target in the country) had hardly any clearance items and the stuff they had was only 30% off. The other store had a TON of stuff, but most was still at 50% (toys, clothing, etc.). Just look around, maybe some of the stores in the less wealthy areas, to get the good deals.

P.S. I found two packs of Oreos in with the regular ones that rang up 29 cents (or so), and then two boxes of the fancy Pepperidge Farm designer cookies that said "holiday entertaining" on the front but were ringing up at $4.99. I asked and the manager told the cashier that those looked more holiday than the oreos so ring them at 90% off. I think I'm good on cookies for awhile! :-) Couldn't find any holiday ritz or the tape that people have been talking about on here.

Edited by kklracing

Redwood City, CA Target - the shelves that are marked 50% off, a lot of the stuff on there was 75%. I got something for my friend's son's birthday this coming week for only 10 bucks, regular price 40 (and I can't remember what it is called exactly.)

No holiday stuff left. I'm going to have to go back tomorrow to stock up for girls birthdays this year along with one more little boy.

Wasn't trying to do anything illegal. Just trying to figure out a way to get the coupons since their website seems to not be working. I've been able to get to the page where you can register or skip the registration to get the coupons and have tried both ways, but all I could ever get was a page that says print coupons, but nothing prints.

Try switching browsers- sometimes that helps.

A few toys marked down to 75%, nothing that I wanted though. There was a Nascar car, some Cartoon Network toys, wrestling guys, my first shaving kit, and the imaginex dragon. Most toys still at 30% or 50%.

Half a row left of Christmas. In the regular toy isle, I found 3 Princess lip gloss watch sets that rang up at 90% off.

Also grabbed a couple of pairs of shoes for 75% off.

### 065-04-0066 Victoria Hagan Decorative "Marie Glass Bowl" Reg 24.99 Clrnc 6.24

Victoria Hagan Bowl

I've been watching this for weeks hoping it might get marked down. It went stright from 30% to 75%! I had a couple of gals chuckling at me I was so excited lol The DCPI they show online is different than the one on the bowl label. The one I listed seems to be correct for the one for the store though, it's on the actual item label, clearance sticker and reciept.

Edited by Moosette541

A few of my Targets had some toys marked 75% off today, but not all. Most were already 50% off yesterday (very few were still at 30%). It's annoying to me that they only mark some toys 75% off and not all. I guess I have to make more than one trip!

I agree! I cant figure out why they are running 3 different markdowns..30%, 50% & 75%..All at once..Have they done this before?

I did find this toy for 75% off today:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41wlzrhL5AL._AA280_.jpg

thanks for the info about tag jr book, I may have mother pass by tomorrow and try and scout for it but that toy dept was a mess and she is useless when it comes to finding stuff in a mess :) I got everyone the tag system for xmas at 2.48 with some books for under .50 at kmart clearance but was looking at the dr.seuss since I love him would make a great gift :) and if i can get the other one cheaper it won't hurt either

anyone have a link to page tag coupons are on? I can't find it, or the zipcode you're using maybe?

update: while searching for this online I see the coupon has been up/unavailable intermitently so might be worth trying tomorrow. Also, apparently Walmart has some of the books clearance. might check tomorrow before work if I wake up early enough.

Edited by tinkrbel

Yes, there is a small $1.99 price on it on the right side of the words Magic Tape.

Here is a picture of it:

http://app7.sellersourcebook.com/users/25493/tape2.jpg

The purple ones are the same way - they also have the $1.99 on it in the same place. :)

Hope this helps some of you. :)

Thank you , thank you, thank you!! I had been checking the tape aisle for days and did not know what to look for. Thanks for posting the pic. I was able to get some tape tonight for .19 cents. The cashier was impressed by the price.

Found a ton of Hello Kitty lip balms (3 per pack) for .39 and a large Hello Kitty chapstick with a small tin of lip balm also for .39. Both of these were in the regular bins where they keep all the tween type lip glosses. They have Christmas trees on the packaging.

Not sure when my Targets restock, but found some boxes of Goldfish crackers (11 oz) for .34, Pillsbury Funfetti Holiday Cake mix .15 and the Funfetti frosting .13. Those weren't there 3 days ago, so definitely worth rechecking the isles.

The Scotch paper cutters are also .49. These were next to all the .19 single rolls of Scotch tape. If you can get the coupons for $2 off (attached to 3 roll pack of Scotch tape), the deal becomes even better.

Wasn't trying to do anything illegal. Just trying to figure out a way to get the coupons since their website seems to not be working. I've been able to get to the page where you can register or skip the registration to get the coupons and have tried both ways, but all I could ever get was a page that says print coupons, but nothing prints.

U can try using a different computer .. may be use library computer ... the sites leave cookies on yr computer and it won't let you print again...

Here are pictures of what I found in the regular toddler/infant clothes that are ringing up 90% off but not marked on the price tags. There were a few others but not in the sizes I needed.

[ATTACH]3304[/ATTACH]

I found these sets but ringing up full price :mad:

Went today in the middle of a snowstorm. About half the toys were 75% off. Picked up quite a few and will be back next week to check the rest. I got the one thing I really wanted, which was the Lionel A Christmas Story train set. My hubby and daughter have been eyeing it! So I was happy to find it at 75% off today!

I agree! I cant figure out why they are running 3 different markdowns..30%, 50% & 75%..All at once..Have they done this before?

I did find this toy for 75% off today:

Yes, they almost always do. There are always toys that go 30% before Christmas and those often go 75% before the rest. The January toy clearance is not the most sensible thing. They often do screwy things, and it just seems like this year is a bit screwier than most. The toy in your post is 30% here at multiple stores.

Found a ton of Hello Kitty lip balms (3 per pack) for .39 and a large Hello Kitty chapstick with a small tin of lip balm also for .39. Both of these were in the regular bins where they keep all the tween type lip glosses. They have Christmas trees on the packaging.

Not sure when my Targets restock, but found some boxes of Goldfish crackers (11 oz) for .34, Pillsbury Funfetti Holiday Cake mix .15 and the Funfetti frosting .13. Those weren't there 3 days ago, so definitely worth rechecking the isles.

The Scotch paper cutters are also .49. These were next to all the .19 single rolls of Scotch tape. If you can get the coupons for $2 off (attached to 3 roll pack of Scotch tape), the deal becomes even better.

ooo, the cutters, what is on the package...I just paid full price minus the coupon for one

ooo, the cutters, what is on the package...I just paid full price minus the coupon for one

The ones that are 90% have the price ($4.99) printed on the upper right hand corner of the package. If it doesn't have the price printed on the package, it will ring up regular price. HTH

I did however find a bunch of the purple Scotch Tape for .19 each. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit but I bought about 50 of them :D I use this tape all the time for my business but I usually buy the off brand because its much cheaper.

I nearly skipped all the way to the register with my basket full of tape because I was so Happy :cheesy:

You crack me up. I told my DH your story and he thinks we are all nuts... as he is walking away with his Archer Farm Mac. Nut carmel popcorn I picked up today for .39 ;)

You are all very welcome for the pic. I know how important a visual aid is when I am shopping. It saves so much time, so if I can help w/ one I will.

Happy Shopping!

Went today in the middle of a snowstorm. About half the toys were 75% off. Picked up quite a few and will be back next week to check the rest. I got the one thing I really wanted, which was the Lionel A Christmas Story train set. My hubby and daughter have been eyeing it! So I was happy to find it at 75% off today!

thanks I will definitely have to try tomorrow. We had a full endcap of them yesterday but I didn't think to scan. At 75% can be held on to for a few years for when the boys get a little bigger.

There was one aisle left of Christmas stuff at our store. They have started adding 75% off toys but the signs still only say 30% and 50% off. The stickers already had the red tag correct prices on them. There were Handy Manny work benches, motorcycles, My Little Pony Gumball machine toy, Lego sets, board games, High School Musical toys, and also a few of the Playwonder dollhouse accessories which I was happy about because Santa just brought my daughter the dollhouse this past Christmas. I did not find any Oreos or tape but I did get 3 packages of the Pepperidge Farm Sugar Cookies. The package had a red wintery theme on it and the sugar cookies have green sugar crystals on them. They rang up at $0.74 each and tasted very good. We just finished off one package.

###071090640 Pepperidge Farm Sugar Cookies $0.74

###086022246 Juku Couture 9" doll $2.74

###087090333 Alex Beard Impossible Puzzle 315 Pieces Reg $14.99 Sale $3.74

###087101658 Eric Carle From Head To Toe Game Reg $10.99 Sale $2.74

###204030764 Fisher Price Little People Royal Garden Wedding Set Reg $20.99 Sale $5.24

###204033249 Handy Manny Motorcycle Reg $39.99 Sale $9.74

###204120395 Playwonder Dollhouse Pet Set $2.74

###204120421 Playwonder Holiday Set $2.74

I am set for Easter and Valentine's now plus some birthdays.

Edited by Gator Pam

The ones that are 90% have the price ($4.99) printed on the upper right hand corner of the package. If it doesn't have the price printed on the package, it will ring up regular price. HTH

Ok, seems to be the theme with the cutters and tape, price in the corner LOL

Yes, they almost always do. There are always toys that go 30% before Christmas and those often go 75% before the rest. The January toy clearance is not the most sensible thing. They often do screwy things, and it just seems like this year is a bit screwier than most. The toy in your post is 30% here at multiple stores.

I have been told.. markdowns can vary between stores. cause it depends on how much stock is left.. and how well the item has sold. it's a formula.. so it's not just screwy. that's why some of us have different 75% off items this week.

The toys were 50% today, but there was virtually nothing good at all. They had a lot of the Imaginex toy at 75% off that others reported as well. But most of the stuff was only 50% and some stuff was still 30% off - since I scanned them. I did manage to find 2 of those $0.39 Cootie travel games. I don't have a hang of the DCPI thing yet.

Kai Lan characters on a key chain thing was $1.49 (75% off 5.99).

###Bath Toy Piano for the Bathtub - $6.49 (75% off) (I didn't buy this so I forgot the brand)

There wasn't very many toddler toys at all. I felt like the last event was much better. I'm not sure that I would go back at 75% off, but we'll see. There were only 2 two aisles on clearance.

I got one more set of 90% Nick & Nora 18 month xmas pjs. They look really big so it should probably still fit my little DD when she's 2 next xmas. And 2 more Carter's xmas onsies for $0.79. Couldn't find the blankets.

Also - I saw selected puff jackets and winter coats (circo brand) for 30-50% off.

Edited by Gator Pam

Wait wait...I went to the Target in Belden this morning and they were JUST marking some of the toys down to 50% at 11am. Which ones did you go to??

I went to the Targets at Belden, Arlington Rd and in Massillon, OH. It is nice to know someone else in the area! There were some toys that were 50% and some that were 30% at each of them. I didn't search extremely hard but did scan several things my kids might like some were 30 and some were 50....but I am trying to wait until 75%! I searched high and low at the xmas stuff but didn't find any of the great bargains of tape, paper towels and other goodies, maybe I will get lucky tomorrow but I think the snow might keep me away uggh.