Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

We got the regular DS last Christmas for my daughter specifically so she could use the old Gameboy Advance games. Got it at Target through a Walmart ad price match on (or around) Black Friday for $97. THis was our first foray into the world of Ninetendo DS. This year, she wants a new one... the DSi. I haven't heard great things about the DS with the XL screen so I've been steering her away from it. Many I've talked to say it is too big to make a nice portable unit. I dunno nothin' about them. I just try to ask around and/or read reviews when I'm about to plunge money into an expensive piece of electronics... LOL

So, I was bummed that Target didn't have a Black Friday special on the DSi. It seems that a lot of the advertised sales on these things are only for the DSi XL, not the DSi regular size. I've been watching since this summer and it just seems that the XL size is the size they want to put on sale.

Honestly we currently have 5 versions in the house. Old Square DS, DS, DS lite and DSI and most recently (Monday) DSIXL. While the DSI/DSIXL is larger than the DS it is also heavier but I don't think its large enough to say its not portable. DS has is DSI with him or I'd picture them together (only size difference is when you open it and the screen is quite a bit larger) Here is the DS and the DSIXL together though....of course its size also is caused by it doing so much more....Is your DD asking for a specific COLOR if so that might makes your decision right there....DS wanted a MARIO RED XL...DD just wants a green one (either DSI or XL) and so far I've only seen green in DSI not XL unfortunatly because I'd rather buy the XL given the screen size and price...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs948.snc4/74168_164178326947884_100000671529598_360338_1502142_n.jpg

I don't know about the ipods but can tell you it does not work with the iPhone. I have one and it tells me it's not supported.

I got the RCA digital music studio for $24.98 and tested it last night with my Ipod and it works...however mine is a 2nd generation....it works great....

Thanks for the pics of the DS mom2monkies! I haven't seen them together. We just haven't bought a lot of electronics for our kids yet, so THAT, combined with the fact that this is our oldest daughter, and I'm learning that the longer you can keep the oldest one "clueless" about things, the easier it is for the younger ones NOT to start begging for something that they are too young for!! LOL.... Anyway, her cousin has the one with the camera, and that is the only reason she thinks she needs a new one with a camera. I am glad to have the regular DS even though it's only a year old... it was cheap and is something good for our middle and youngest daughters to "cut their teeth on" (hopefully the technology won't be completely outdated in 2-3 years!!) We got some old gameboy discs from cousins, and they will work on that model as well. Our 7 year old is just starting to play around with the DS Lite now.

I don't understand why there aren't more better deals out there on the DSi. If Nintendo was selling so many of the XL ones, you would think they wouldn't be the models that are always in the store ads with special prices. ??? I don't know... not sure what we will do yet. I haven't heard my daughter beg for it in awhile, so we'll see what the prices end up being closer to Christmas I guess!!! :) We definitely aren't the family who needs the latest and greatest in kids electronics for sure, so unless it becomes some kind of incredible WISH of hers to have a certain one, color most likely won't be a big deal. I usually make my kids give me a few color options so I'm not adding to my holiday stress level trying to get some particular color that only came on 50 machines around the nation!! LOL!

No problem KC-. Just make sure before you give it to her you go through and set up parental controls first. The DSI (both versions) have a Web browser and can "share" pictures. Make sure you set those up with what you are comfortable with :)

Also if she has a birthday after spring the DSI might drop in price when the 3-Ds are released next year.....

As for colors...my kids are more picky about colors then the type of system!! LOL (took me forever to find the "black/silver nano!"

I don't understand why there aren't more better deals out there on the DSi. If Nintendo was selling so many of the XL ones, you would think they wouldn't be the models that are always in the store ads with special prices. ??? I don't know... not sure what we will do yet.

you know, I feel like there just aren't any great deals period. I've gone through all the posted ads and there is just nothing that is calling my name. The Toys R Us ad doesn't even have a Lego deal this year! Target's Lego deal is for a couple of discontinued sets, and they are only about 40% off this year instead of the usual half. There are only a few things that I'll bother with, but this year's BF is REALLY disappointing as far as I am concerned.

I don't know about the ipods but can tell you it does not work with the iPhone. I have one and it tells me it's not supported.

Thanks a lot smjrm and canfleece!

I did write to the manufacturer and their answer was completely lame - they said "probably, and check the manual." Well of course the manual is only going to mention the earlier versions of the ipod, just like the box does -arghh! I think I will just wait until I get the ipod touch for DH, then take both out of the package and test them together. If the 3rd or 4th gen ipod touch does not work with it, it will have to go back..

Are the Black Friday Target sales ever the same online as in-store? I was hoping but I guess not, and the ones with free gift card deals wouldn't work anyway, I guess?

I am always out of town on Black Friday and my schedule is at the whim of our hosts, so going to B&M is probably not going to happen for me...

you know, I feel like there just aren't any great deals period. I've gone through all the posted ads and there is just nothing that is calling my name. The Toys R Us ad doesn't even have a Lego deal this year! Target's Lego deal is for a couple of discontinued sets, and they are only about 40% off this year instead of the usual half. There are only a few things that I'll bother with, but this year's BF is REALLY disappointing as far as I am concerned.

I know what you mean. So far everything I have seen is just an okay deal. The main think I am heading out for is the $2 hat and glove sets for the Angel tree. I like the NCAA fleeces, they are on an end cap now and they look nice, but they are only $5 off.

I know that they say every year that the deals aren't good, but I really only see a couple of great deals (portable 1 TB HD for $69).

I don't see anything that will get me out of bed and in to the cold for a 4 am opening, anywhere.

Are the Black Friday Target sales ever the same online as in-store? I was hoping but I guess not, and the ones with free gift card deals wouldn't work anyway, I guess?

I am always out of town on Black Friday and my schedule is at the whim of our hosts, so going to B&M is probably not going to happen for me...

Cokemeyr,

I had read that there is going to be a special Thursday Thanksgiving sale at Target.com, and only Target.com. I am thinking that it is very different from what will be on the Black Friday sales flyer.

Could it be that we all just have EVERYTHING we could possibly need from shopping Target clearance?? !!!! :D

I think this might be true! :)

I know I got my son wayyy more toys then he needs for christmas from the toy clearance throughout the year!

Just as a personal Opinion, the DSiXL is Awesome! It is bigger, and a t-bit heavier but not really. And it is definitely a portable device, It is a big as a psp. The screen is great and the program for the camera is hilarious. We take all kinds of funny pictures! I would only buy a DSiXL if it were up to me but the color my kiddo wants is just DSi. Just thought I would share my thoughts. :)

Could it be that we all just have EVERYTHING we could possibly need from shopping Target clearance?? !!!! :D

:gdyeahthat:

I just went Christmas Shopping in my closet. Let's just say I won't be needing to hunt for many toys this year (or kids clothes, or stocking stuffers, or sheets, or towels...)

Thanks Target!

my absolute best target find ever....

008 09 0642 element 42" lcd 1080p tv...$225!!!!!!!!!!!! My ds20 will be soooo happy come christmas morning :) <doing my happy dance!!!>

omg wtg!! How'd that escape employee grasp!?!?!

Edited by Gator Pam
edited quote to avoid double listing on perimeterperusing.com

My absolute BEST Target find EVER....

008 09 0642 Element 42" LCD 1080p TV...$225!!!!!!!!!!!! My ds20 will be soooo happy come Christmas morning :) <doing my happy dance!!!>

Have you seen any reviews for the tv you bought?

Edited by Gator Pam
edited post to avoid double listing on perimeterperusing.com

That very well could be. I was amazed at the lack of shopping that I need to do this year, when I started uncovering my "stash". :) I did pick up one of the RCA stereo Ipod docks today for ds. Lovin' target clearance. :)

My absolute BEST Target find EVER....

008 09 0642 Element 42" LCD 1080p TV...$225!!!!!!!!!!!! My ds20 will be soooo happy come Christmas morning :) <doing my happy dance!!!>

GREAT DEAL!!! :eyepoppin

Edited by Gator Pam
removed code to list in perimeterperusing.com

I found that tag jr at my target tongiht for 19.99 and I tried to use the $10off but it wouldnt work..Can someone tell me if it has to be manually done? Or what's the trick? Thanks..Also the Baby Alive doll everyone is talking about is it the baby all gone by chance?

I also got told tonight that I couldn't use the $10 off coupon on $19.99 toy story 3 tag junior. :(

At first she told me it was because the coupon was for leapfrog and what I had was toy story??? Then she got so confused and called the manager over and the manager said the coupon was for the tag system and I had the tag junior. I think I'll go back this weekend and try a different cashier...

Edited by ISU ME

I found that tag jr at my target tongiht for 19.99 and I tried to use the $10off but it wouldnt work..Can someone tell me if it has to be manually done? Or what's the trick? Thanks..Also the Baby Alive doll everyone is talking about is it the baby all gone by chance?

Mine would not go through but I told the cashier (who was new) that my "sister" had already gotten hers and they let her use her coupon, so she manually put it in. BTW I do have a sister but when I go to my Target and things are not ringing up as I've seen posted on here, I tell them "well my sister just bought one at that price" I am really talking about my Gottadeal "sisters". It works almost every time. Thanks sisters! :D

That is crummy that they wont let you take it off. I think that I would keep trying diff target/cashiers. :)

Don't know how much these are but There is suppose to be a $10 coupon on the Leapster Exployer Game system on Boxes of Cherrios.... I figured if it went on sale somewhere or even at Target, there could be a price match, and the $10.00 off and you could try to push it and see if the will scan the $10 Target system coupon too. I am sure that will be a great deal.