define ticket worthy items vs blitz....

rogue1230

So I was doing some recon today and spoke to the manager about the whole opening up at midnight.....they are opening the doors at 4, but you cannot purchase anything blitz till 5am. OK, so what's blitz, because I saw black pallets with shipping stickers marked blitz with like "hanes" displays in them, so if it's something like the 3$ PJ's, does that mean you have to lineup for that???

So I was doing some recon today and spoke to the manager about the whole opening up at midnight.....they are opening the doors at 4, but you cannot purchase anything blitz till 5am. OK, so what's blitz, because I saw black pallets with shipping stickers marked blitz with like "hanes" displays in them, so if it's something like the 3$ PJ's, does that mean you have to lineup for that???

My Walmart say's they will open the doors at 5am like always. What Walmart is the one that said 4am? On the online map Last page say's

Helpful tips for Friday shopping:

Plan ahead. Look at the store map on the other side of this page to find the items you want.

• Every item on the map will have its own line. And every line will be supervised by Walmart associates to help you get your items in order.

• Please walk (don't run) to the line for the item you want. And please: Follow the instructions from the Walmart associates.

Our goal for you is an enjoyable, successful, and unbeatable shopping trip Friday morning.

Thank you for shopping at Walmart

My Walmart say's they will open the doors at 5am like always. What Walmart is the one that said 4am? On the online map Last page say's

Plan ahead. Look at the store map on the other side of this page to find the items you want.

• Every item on the map will have its own line. And every line will be supervised by Walmart associates to help you get your items in order.

• Please walk (don't run) to the line for the item you want. And please: Follow the instructions from the Walmart associates.

Our goal for you is an enjoyable, successful, and unbeatable shopping trip Friday morning.

Bellingham, I am shopping at Bellingham

^^^^^ Yeah what they said! LOL.... Big ticket items (mostly electronics) are the things that get tickets. The other stuff is BLITZ items and you can't put anything Doorbuster (5 am to

11am only) in your cart till 5am. Always been that way. BE SAFE [catandjacks] since you are 6 months pregnate with TWINS....Just be safe.....

I was in my walmart this past weekend trying to get some information about their procedure for ticket items. I was told my walmart would have 17 ticket items. I finally got to see our store map and there were only 10 items. Go figure. I live in a very small town where walmart rules. Last year a fight broke out when folks were grabbing for one of the big ticket items. Seems like confusion to me.

If they don't know by now, well ------lol, I may stay home and use the internet.

Any time I've ever been to Wal-Mart on Black Friday (including working BF 2 years at Wal-Mart), all of the items that were blitz items were taped off with the yellow caution tape until 5AM. Once they took the tape down, shoppers were allowed to get what they wanted. I'm not sure if this is done every where else, but this is what I've seen in the past.

I shop at the Chicopee, MA one..and I was told it basically the usual..line up outside and open at 5am....

NO !!! The ticket items are the tv's , blue ray dvd players and cameras !!!! You can stand right next to the blitz items and grab them at 5 am ...

I've never seen anything roped off with yellow security tape, etc. in the past but that's probably because the store didn't open until 5:00 a.m. and the stuff was already set to go by the time I got in the store:). With the store opening at 4:00 this year, I'll just get my non-BF stuff in my cart first (I have a lot of nonBF stuff to get) and then I'll get the BF stuff at 5:00. Gee, this year I may be out of Walmart by 5:15! All that much sooner to get to the mall! lol!

They are not using the word Blitz anymore.

Jim ya know I love ya more than my luggage... these pallets were blacked shrink wrapped and the "shippping" label in the upper corner were labeled Blitz item #####- along with other info which seemed to be internal shipping info and or store coding.

So Walmart is officially a liar AND I called them again later last night and when I asked what were their Black Friday hours the girl said ummm oh 7am to 11pm, I answered "are you sure about that?" and then she placed her hand over the phone and asked some one else....

So Walmart fibs about stuff ( the "blitz" word and are apparently hiring associates that have not a clue about what Friday is.....

Jim- I have fear. I am startin to feel like Seth Green in the arms of a gorilla.:cheesy: