CHEAP gift ideas for kids!

floridasun5

Since I've seen many here say that they have a bunch of other kids to buy for (neices, nephews, friends, etc.) and with the way the economy is, I'm hoping we can come up with some CHEAP gift ideas. I didn't see a thread solely for gift ideas, but if I missed it, please just let me know.

I have 3-4 extra kids to buy for this year and unfortunately barely have enough $$ to buy for my own daughter, so I'm trying to come up with some ideas for cheap gifts in cost, but not cheap gifts in quality that the parents would know we didnt spend a lot. Would like to keep it around $10 per kid.

Right now, I have a:

Girl - 8

Girl - 5

Boy - 3/4

Possibly (depending upon whether dh makes us buy a gift for her or not) Girl - 20

Can we start some ideas here please?

try watching the 2 day sales at TRU. this weekend they have they have all batman figures buy ONE get TWO free! They will have deals like that weekly now.

I also love walmart's 100 toys for 10.00. They will change them weekly I think and have pretty good ones every week. (GI Joe, Littlest Pet shop) Also amazon has free shipping on a TON of stuff if you spend 25.00 and they always have really good price drops closer to BF!

Good luck!!! I can also watch for the zhu zhu hamsters for you. They are 8.00 each at walmart. The ball is 10.00 and I hear its good if you just have the ball and no other house parts. The two younger boys may like them!

LOL well luckily younger kids is my profession at the moment! (see siggy below, LOL)

I will keep my eyes peeled for you. You may get the walmart toy book today or tomorrow in you mail too. I am axiously awaiting it! And TRU is having a thanksgiving day sale and so does Kmart if you want to kill a few hours while the turkey is in the oven! :D

petshop can be purchased for nearly any price beginning at around$4 on up both my six year old and my 10 year old love petshop items. If you can find a zhu zhu pet they are only $8 and they will work a hard surface (not so well on carpet), all of my kids love webkinz (if the kids are allowed to play on the computer w/ internet) I usually find the best sale prices at Ace Hardware store-less then $10 each.

My son is 7, but at that age he liked playing with cars - sets like matchbox can often be found on sale - I know that hotwheels sets are cheaper but we've never had any luck with them being of good quality. My nephew who is 3 is asking for Geo trax sets -these often run on sale too. At that age my son liked trains-he had just a generic wooden track set, but others at that age love Thomas the Train (not sure on prices any more)

Coloring Kits-- you can get 2-3 color books at any local dollar store, a box of crayons, a box of markers, a handful of stickers....put it all in a little sand bucket or gift bag. Toss in a matchbox car or candy bar, you can have a nice rounded gift for about $7...

i would plan on getting the 20 yr old something anyway he may say no and then all of a sudden christmas eve he might say we have to get her something

go to the dollar store or somewhere where they sell the cheapie gloves for $1 get her a pair of those a pair of slipper socks and a scarf from old navy ($1) this saturday i think.you can always throw in a bag of good candy like lindor truffles or something

i'll keep thinking for the little ones

Fleece tops @ Old Navy day after Thanksgiving are $5....The fleece blankets are $5 on Saturday. Both are nice gifts.

Right now there are a lot of games on sale @ Target wtih TQ and MQ's to make them very reasonable! The new Connect 4 4x4 is only $5! If the children are siblings buy them a game for $5 or $10 together and then a fleece top or blanket each @ Old navy. That pictureka flipper game is normally $30 and it is $10 with Q's and PMing TRU @ Target. OR the scatterpillar scramble is cute too for younger children (3 and up) also $10 (normally 20ish)

Guest purpleangel

Fleece tops @ Old Navy day after Thanksgiving are $5....The fleece blankets are $5 on Saturday. Both are nice gifts.

Right now there are a lot of games on sale @ Target wtih TQ and MQ's to make them very reasonable! The new Connect 4 4x4 is only $5! If the children are siblings buy them a game for $5 or $10 together and then a fleece top or blanket each @ Old navy. That pictureka flipper game is normally $30 and it is $10 with Q's and PMing TRU @ Target. OR the scatterpillar scramble is cute too for younger children (3 and up) also $10 (normally 20ish)

Who has connect 4 4x4 for $5?

Who has connect 4 4x4 for $5?

Target has it on sale this week for 14.99. There is a $5 off coupon in the Target toy sale book AND a $5 manufacturers coupon. Making it 4.99.

MQ 20% off code: WELCOME ***** must be logged int ouse

$10 off $20 code: HTBD1109 ****must be logged in to use this

TQ on page 3 or 4 http://sites.target.com/images/2009HolidayCoupons/holiday_coupons_print.html?AFID=Performics_Forums%20at%20GottaDeal&LNM=Primary

Target has it on sale this week for 14.99. There is a $5 off coupon in the Target toy sale book AND a $5 manufacturers coupon. Making it 4.99.

MQ 20% off code: WELCOME ***** must be logged int ouse

$10 off $20 code: HTBD1109 ****must be logged in to use this

TQ on page 3 or 4 http://sites.target.com/images/2009HolidayCoupons/holiday_coupons_print.html?AFID=Performics_Forums%20at%20GottaDeal&LNM=Primary

Were you able to get this to work? The toy book coupon doesn't appear to apply to Connect 4x4, only Sponge Bob Connect 4.

We have tons of nieces and nephews, so this is a big deal for us. With coupons and the Amazon deals it's entirely possible. Last year, each child got $150 worth of stuff, and I paid less than $5 for each child. A couple even paid me a couple of bucks per child.

Another thing I do is shop the Scholastic Book Orders through the school and pick up the $1 books each time they come around. They retail for $5-$6 each, so for just a few dollars you can get a nice gift.

We have tons of nieces and nephews, so this is a big deal for us. With coupons and the Amazon deals it's entirely possible. Last year, each child got $150 worth of stuff, and I paid less than $5 for each child. A couple even paid me a couple of bucks per child.

Another thing I do is shop the Scholastic Book Orders through the school and pick up the $1 books each time they come around. They retail for $5-$6 each, so for just a few dollars you can get a nice gift.

I thought I was a good bargain shopper but you have me beat. Can I give you the list for my nephew? His list contains 2 newly released xbox 306 games and a set of gaming Best Buy headphones. I told him to remember I was the "poor" aunt and send me a new list. :D

For the younger kids, you could make some homemade playdoh and put it into cute containers. You can color it whatever color you want, or scent it, using food coloring or extracts. It is sooo easy to make and I think it is easier to work with/better quality than the store-bought stuff. If you want the recipe, just PM me :)

I thought I was a good bargain shopper but you have me beat. Can I give you the list for my nephew? His list contains 2 newly released xbox 306 games and a set of gaming Best Buy headphones. I told him to remember I was the "poor" aunt and send me a new list. :D

This year, I'm rocking on DS10! His list is

Xbox360 + HardDrive ($250)

Camcorder ($80)

Wimpy Kid Books ($60)

Snowboard ($150)

Total OOP... $26, actually -$74 when I receive the GC's for buying his stuff. PM me your list and I'll keep an eye out!

Wal Greens right now has a set of 2 webkinz for $10 a big and little of the same one good for the girls

or the craft stores will be selling big art sets for aournd $5 then grab some pastel paper for the dollar store for the girls

also you amey want to check halloweencostumes my 8 year old is getting a bunch for dress up most palces right now have htem 50%-90% off. he gets to be aninja batman and an army guy plus one otehr his brother picked out can't remember

for the 20 the dollar store or the target $1 section has nice lotions and soaps and fuzzy socks

for the boy wal mart usally has sets of hotwheels cars or buckets of lego's for $5 bf or when my youngest was that age he also loved the clearance costumes and a "real" flashlight you can get them at the dollar store w/ the batteries the kind that take c

oh wait also for the girls the dollar store for buble bath and ours has sets of "lip" gloss that is very pastel and pretty hair "tie" sets or that glitter lotion grab a couple of those things get a pretty girly colored basket or pastic tub while there and they have ther OWN bath stuff my 6 year old niece loves this