American Girl Codes???

cerki01

Just got an e-mail that there is free shipping on Chrissa and friends if that helps anyone.

"* Free standard shipping on Girl of the Year dolls and doll collections (F9304, F9309, F9311, G1566, G1565, F9055, T6546) only. Offer valid for qualifying items in orders placed through 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time on 11/15/2009, or while supplies last. Offer applies to standard shipping and processing charges to first US standard address only. Additional charges for rush shipping and shipping outside of the US still apply. No refunds or adjustments on previous purchases, returns or exchanges, or orders in progress that have not yet shipped. We reserve the right to limit order and item quantities."

http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/thumbnail.jsf/title/Spotlight+Savings/saleGroupId/1143/uniqueId/626/nodeId/19/webMenuId/8/LeftMenu/TRUE

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you are still looking, but I just used "giftship09" for free shipping on orders of $100 or more.

Brandi

I got an e-mail with that one as well. I just ordered Monday (the 16th) with it. It's good on ANY order over $100, not just the Chrissa and friends dolls like the previous one. I had a doll all picked out for my daughter and was just waiting for a free shipping code to come my way :)

I got an e-mail with that one as well. I just ordered Monday (the 16th) with it. It's good on ANY order over $100, not just the Chrissa and friends dolls like the previous one. I had a doll all picked out for my daughter and was just waiting for a free shipping code to come my way :)

Glady you got your order in using the code. I ordered my daughter the twins from Santa this year. She already has the Just Like You Doll and the Bitty Baby so she wants the twins this year. I purposfully waited to order until a code came out!

Brandi

I don't know if you are still looking, but I just used "giftship09" for free shipping on orders of $100 or more.

Brandi

I am planning to use this code tomorrow ... IF my daughter decides this is her big gift she is asking for. All of the American Girl stuff is "new" to me .. I know nothing about them. It just seems so pricey for a "doll". I would have thought they were more along the "collectible" line, but with all the accessories she wants to with the Just Like Me Doll, I would go broke. This is a tough decision in this economy, but she has had the doll in her sights for 6 months. I would rather get a laptop or a DSi, but I am not sure I can change her mind. She will be 8 soon, so even though she is a pretty good kid ... any of the above mentioned gifts (American Girl, DSi, laptop) are still a bit much for me at that age. I would rather spend more money on several smaller gifts ... ugh, what is a mom to do ?? :eyepoppin

I am planning to use this code tomorrow ... IF my daughter decides this is her big gift she is asking for. All of the American Girl stuff is "new" to me .. I know nothing about them. It just seems so pricey for a "doll". I would have thought they were more along the "collectible" line, but with all the accessories she wants to with the Just Like Me Doll, I would go broke. This is a tough decision in this economy, but she has had the doll in her sights for 6 months. I would rather get a laptop or a DSi, but I am not sure I can change her mind. She will be 8 soon, so even though she is a pretty good kid ... any of the above mentioned gifts (American Girl, DSi, laptop) are still a bit much for me at that age. I would rather spend more money on several smaller gifts ... ugh, what is a mom to do ?? :eyepoppin

I know that they are expensive, but they are worth the money. AG stands behind their quality product. The look-alikes at Target are junk. Everything breaks quickly with the look-alikes. I have never regretted buying AG stuff, but I have regretted buying the Target junk. Your DD will love the doll!! They take them everywhere.

I know what you mean. I have a tomboy who really doesn't care a lot about dolls, but she really wanted one since all her friends have one. She got one last Christmas and she really loves it. It's name is Gwen, but she calls it "American" ?? weird, I know. We've agreed that it's a special doll that should have a special spot in her room when she isn't being played with. Every once and awhile, my daughter gets really into playing with her for awhile and then puts her back. I know she'd love to take her out on her bike or swimming, but we had the long talk about how this particular doll needs to be cared for extra carefully. She takes her longtime pal Molly (an older Fisher Price doll that she's had since she was 2) with her if she wants to go outside.

I guess I sort of see it as something that is a keepsake and she can look back on it and remark about what a big deal American Girl Dolls were when she was a kid....

The free shipping code is about as good as it gets with these dolls... at least that I've found. I'm not a real expert on them either though.

My DD is almost 7 and got her first AG from my mother on her 6th birthday. She's VERY into them...her Santa gift request this year is for Chrissa.

And I've seen girls older than 10 carrying AG dolls around...so this is something that will last her.

They're definitely worth the money you spend on them, and should anything ever happen to them, you can send them in to their doll hospital and they'll get all fixed up and sent back. Very cute!

Yes, the money is a lot, but I know my DD would much rather see her Chrissa doll under the tree than several smaller gifts and no doll.

i have a 12-year-old still asking for another doll. She has 6 of them, her grandparents buy them for xmas gift each year. Some days we don't see her playing with them, but others days for weeks she plays with them, I say keep them young and let her play with them versus the video games... It's fun to have American Girl Sleep overs too! :)