Walmart and Price-Matching & Price-Adjusting

MrZone

Ok not big ticket stuff like TV's Im talking about xbox games and all will they refund a difference to me if they happen to go on sale :confused:

Most Walmart's will refund the difference if they lower their price within 7 days, that being said individual stores do it differently when it comes to Black Friday prices. Now if you bought it at walmart and it's no sell somewhere else, they won't give you back the difference because in that case you have to buy it at walmart at the time of the sale and have them match the price.

I've seen a commercial twice today for the new, improved 'price match promise' at Wal-Mart. It says that they will match any competitor's ad (excluding online) and you don't even have to bring in the ad.

At a coupon class I gave the other day, a student said that their manager told her that there were no limits to the distance of PM'ing anymore, and it was going nationwide.

I'm not sure how this works with any store with no ad. Our stores keep local competitors ads on hand, but it would be nearly impossible to keep them all. I'm sure they aren't going to take your word for it.

I haven't receive a press release on it yet, and haven't been able to find one. We are near Bentonville, so I don't know if that has any effect on our promotions.

At one of my local Walmarts the official policy (per manager) has always been that you don't need the ad. Of course, they don't bother to tell the cashiers this and they usually ask to see it. I have pm'd ads that are far beyond 30 miles, but maybe I just got lucky. This BF I will be sure to get a copy of the Milwaukee paper vs my hometown one, more ads to choose from!

I went to Wal*Mart yesterday to buy the new Killers CD/DVD. It was priced at $13.88.

I had my Target ad that had it priced at $11.98. I asked for a "Price Match".

The cashier said she would have to call Target and verify that they had it in stock.

A Dept. Mgr. heard the conversation and said, that that rule won't apply until Black Friday.

Until then, just verify the date on the ad, and that it is the same item.

So I got my "Price Match". I wonder if they are really going to do that?

My roommate has been a cashier at Wal*Mart for 6 years, is working starting at 3 A.M.

on Black Friday, and said she did not hear that.

I am wondering if this is an exception for the big ticket items that are like "5 per store" and things like that?

Okay, this is going to sound bad... but I have never had a problem PMing at Walmart either. It is usually just on movies, but I think I also want that 9.99 electric griddle that Kohl's has on sale. I've found that if you go to a younger cashier, they never ask to see an ad and just take my word (not that I am trying to screw them over or anything!).

I haven't looked at the griddle at Kohl's, but I know alot of their things had rebates and walmart won't match the price after the rebate ... but rather the price before.... just in case it has that on there, wanted to let you know.

Also... the problem with PM'ing on BF is you want a more experienced cashier..the ones hired as temp holiday help many times don't understand or know how to do the PM (at least in our area) and young is ok except remember they are not used to being awake, let alone functional at 4 or 5 in the morning.... sometimes they are the grumpiest ones there.... it's a vacation from high school or college and the mean manager forced them in at 3 am for the blitz.. and they are not always happy to do anything that morning...

I just went into a 24 hour walmart monaday night to do some grocery shopping. I was price matching things on the local Smiths ad. Since kroger is the smiths house brand and great value is walmart's house brand I was price matching using great value brands as I have done in the past. The cashier said they had to be exact items and I had him bring a manager over. The manager was a bit beligerant when I pointed out how these were house brands and I've done this in the past and that their new price matching policy(which I was handed) said nothing against such transactions. He allowed it this last time but was going to talk to the store manager about it to put an end to this(not quite exact words but close).

Basically what the new pm policy states is that the customer doesn't have to bring in the ad but the cashier should make sure of the pricing. It also states that the managers responsibility to have copies of competitors ads available for the cashiers to view.

and of course:

•We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.

•We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.

•We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.

I realize there is some confusion about types of items for price matching. I won't go in with an ad for generic cookies and try to pm for keebler or nabisco brands. I understand 'like items' to include generic grocery items offered by competitors.

The walmart price matching policy shown online states

'Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition.'

I see that as meaning if they say no and are wrong with their interpretation of the policy then that's it.

Walmart needs to clarify a little better what their policy is because the in-store memo has left alot out.

i was wondering if anyone would know i have band hero on layaway at kmart if walmart has band hero 199.00 with a 40 gift card on bf sale can i bring this to kmart and have the price matched?

My local Kmart will not price match at all, not even from the Wal-mart next door. Wal-mart will typically price match Kmart, but not if it's a percentage off, BOGO, or bundled package (like buy an item get a gift card).

Most Walmart's will refund the difference if they lower their price within 7 days, that being said individual stores do it differently when it comes to Black Friday prices. Now if you bought it at walmart and it's no sell somewhere else, they won't give you back the difference because in that case you have to buy it at walmart at the time of the sale and have them match the price.

price adjusted not a price match.... and you are right about the refund of the difference if they lower their price within 7 days, I asked yesterday in the store and they said they will

Since the ad says local competitors...do we have an official decree of what Local is?

I think it just depends on where you are located. We are in a relatively small town and I just called our WM to ask and they said they will pm any competitor's ad, as long as it is the exact same thing, for up to 100 miles. Also confirmed while I had them on the phone that they will be pm'ing for that distance on BF also.:yup:

The reason for this may be that our nearest "big city" is Dallas, lol. Sherman is 75 miles away and they have the same stores that Dallas does, so we are lucky there, lol.

just called my local walmart - newark ohio and they said they will price match IF

same item in ad

&

they will CALL THE STORE OF THE SALE and confirm the item is ON THEIR SHELF at the time of the call . .. because some items are limited quantity. . .

yeah that'll go over well.

I imagine then that they want people to do the PM at the customer service desk or will they allow the cashiers to do these? Going over to Customer Service desk will be such a pain on BF. It will take a lot of time from getting to the other stores. :no:

before the PM was done at register by cashier

the calling of other stores NEVER happened before...I cant imagine that other stores are going to pick up....I mean seriously if I was target and it was call #34 from Walmart I would probably start saying "yep and we just threw in a case of beer and a hooker with purchase" cause i am SURE they will be having enough issues that day without a bazillion calls from WM

just called my local walmart - newark ohio and they said they will price match IF

same item in ad

&

they will CALL THE STORE OF THE SALE and confirm the item is ON THEIR SHELF at the time of the call . .. because some items are limited quantity. . .

yeah that'll go over well.

OMG. . .this may start a riot. What stores are actually going to go and check?

This comment doesn't exactly involve PM or PA--however FYI I just wanted to say that my store today drove me crazy, I found PS 2 PS 3 XBOX and Wii games in FOUR places in and around the electronics department, drove me nuts...before even considering a PM or anything I needed to make sure the store carried them...and so I wanted to see the prices, etc. (none were in bins by the way)

Just because I found it online doesn't mean it is in the store...

I don't know if they have them separated for different BF sales or what. Did not seem like any kind of logical organizing...It was sooo annoying and I found what I wanted in the last place I looked...what a mess..

Maybe separated so they can PULL a particular stack that is maybe something a customer wants to PM with another competitor..

I imagine then that they want people to do the PM at the customer service desk or will they allow the cashiers to do these? Going over to Customer Service desk will be such a pain on BF. It will take a lot of time from getting to the other stores. :no:

Do you think they might be making it extrememly difficult to do the price match so people just give up?

the calling of other stores NEVER happened before...I cant imagine that other stores are going to pick up....I mean seriously if I was target and it was call #34 from Walmart I would probably start saying "yep and we just threw in a case of beer and a hooker with purchase" cause i am SURE they will be having enough issues that day without a bazillion calls from WM

I have had two different experiences with PM. Best Buy: You have to go to the customer service counter and they do the calling right after they look at the ad throughly. Target: Also done at the Customer Service counter but they dont do the calling.

I am hoping for the best. I will call these stores this week to find out all the info I need before I go.

:lmao:

Could you tell me where that Target and Walmart might be. I gotta pricematch a few things. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by asweetgal4you

Most Walmart 's will refund the difference if they lower their price within 7 days, that being said individual stores do it differently when it comes to Black Friday prices. Now if you bought it at walmart and it's no sell somewhere else, they won't give you back the difference because in that case you have to buy it at walmart at the time of the sale and have them match the price.

price adjusted not a price match.... and you are right about the refund of the difference if they lower their price within 7 days, I asked yesterday in the store and they said they will

I understand what you are saying and I'm saying that Walmart doesn't do that.

You are saying for example "if I buy a TV at Walmart on Friday 11-20 and Target Has the exact same TV on sale on BF 11-27, can I go to Walmart and ask them for Price Adjustment to get my money back". Walmart does not Price Adjust for competitor ads, they will price adjust their own prices if it's reduced within 7 days but not based on a competitor's ad.

If you want the competitor's price your only option is to have it Price Matched during the time of the sale.

Walmart does not Price Adjust based on a competitor's ad even if it's within 7 days time period.

I have price matched at WM for quite a few years, but a year or so ago, I was being all organized with the items I wanted to buy at WM all typed up, with the competitor's price listed right beside it and which store it was in so I could PM. Mind you, I was feeling pretty good because I had spent a great deal of time typing up all the items I wanted and from where, had them hole-punched and in a binder, and when I got to the checkout at Walmart, they wouldn't PM without the actual ad. I was livid...lol, I told the clerk " do you think I would have spent the time on typing this all up if I was making all this up?" I got this info online, because I didn't have access to ads that year. So, I was SOL that year, but the past 2 yrs, it's been pretty easy to PM at WM.

Although, I had a different experience PM groceries at a WM that I don't frequent that often. I had several groceries in my cart to PM from Kroger, but the clerk told me she couldn't do it if the difference was more than $1. I asked her if this was a company wide policy or just their stores' policy, and she responded that it was company wide. So, I bought my groceries at full WM price, only to find out that this isn't a company wide policy, or at least not all WM's are following it because the Walmart in my hometown doesn't do this, and the next closest WM to me doesn't do it either. I just wish ALL WM's would get their stories straight. :cheesy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by asweetgal4you

Most Walmart 's will refund the difference if they lower their price within 7 days, that being said individual stores do it differently when it comes to Black Friday prices. Now if you bought it at walmart and it's no sell somewhere else, they won't give you back the difference because in that case you have to buy it at walmart at the time of the sale and have them match the price.

I understand what you are saying and I'm saying that Walmart doesn't do that.

You are saying for example "if I buy a TV at Walmart on Friday 11-20 and Target Has the exact same TV on sale on BF 11-27, can I go to Walmart and ask them for Price Adjustment to get my money back". Walmart does not Price Adjust for competitor ads, they will price adjust their own prices if it's reduced within 7 days but not based on a competitor's ad.

If you want the competitor's price your only option is to have it Price Matched during the time of the sale.

Walmart does not Price Adjust based on a competitor's ad even if it's within 7 days time period.

No No...Im saying that if you buy a TV @ Walmart on Friday 11-20 and walmart puts that same TV on sale....Can you ask for the $ back...nothing to do with a competitor ads, has to do with there ads....

Now that we saw that ads....and its within 7 days we can start shopping....LoL

The blu rays that are $10 bucks are easy to bring back and have Price Adjusted

i have emailed to hopefully get something from corp on what the mile marker IS....doubt it but what the heck...gotta make sure those customer service reps have job security too

I did that and got an email from a manpower employee email saying to call the store and use the store finder if I need the number! I even told them what store and everything-you'd think they could have at least told me the number! I'm going out of town so I didn't want to call long distance, but I guess I have to!