In Need of Suggestions for a Tween

SuggaD

Usually around this time each year, I already have at least a draft of DD10's Christmas list. This year, I have no idea whatsoever to get her. She's an only child. Her birthday was in September and she got tons of presents and still has unused gifts from last Christmas. The only thing she's asked for is an Iphone, but I think its wasteful to buy her one as she already has a cellphone and an Itouch. Help!!!

watch at zales they always have a special $29 jewelry item.in the clearance is good stuff too start a tradition and get her a piece of good jewelry every year

I have twin 11 year old boys.. I know that they want a flat screen tv. So that is their number one item. I am also planning on getting them some gift cards...i am going to get them cards to places like walmart and target, but also burger king and mcdonalds. They always are asking to go to McDonalds for a milkshake after school so I figured if I get them a gift card, then I won't have to tell them that I don't have the money (my husband and I are both in school and work is slow).

I have twin 11 year old boys.. I know that they want a flat screen tv. So that is their number one item. I am also planning on getting them some gift cards...i am going to get them cards to places like walmart and target, but also burger king and mcdonalds. They always are asking to go to McDonalds for a milkshake after school so I figured if I get them a gift card, then I won't have to tell them that I don't have the money (my husband and I are both in school and work is slow).

Food is always good :D

Also,maybe pick up some movie gift cards: either to a theater or rental place.

Another popular place to get a gift card to would be a laser tag place, Putt-Putt (for their indoor arcade if you are in a colder part of the country. Look in the phone book for special deals for tokens.), or anyplace that has an arcade.

For the OP,

if she likes cooking,take a stroll through a local candy/baking specialty shop---so many fun things there! Candy molds,aprons for the younger set, cookie cutters, really cool stuff!

Arts and crafts might be a good thing to get started in if she is creative.

I love the cookbook idea! DD is really getting into cooking and baking. Please keep the ideas coming! I know lots of folks are in the same boat as me and appreciate the great ideas!

I was in Waldenbooks last night and they had some sets that included cupcake cookbook and decorating ideas, a cupcake pan, decorating bags and tips. It was in the bargin book section. They are have a sale buy two bargin books get the third free. I think this one was $9.99

I found a 1x per month cooking class in our area that I am going to register DD for as a Christmas present. I think I've got a pretty good list, many of the items I got from ideas on here. I think DD will really like them!

I found a 1x per month cooking class in our area that I am going to register DD for as a Christmas present. I think I've got a pretty good list, many of the items I got from ideas on here. I think DD will really like them!

kewl! You can also check with Michael's craft store if you are interested in a cake decorating class.

Both Emeril and Paula Deen have now come out with cookbooks for kids/tweens.

I did this when my daughter was young and again for my granddaughter. I framed the stock certificate and dd hung it in her room for a long time before we locked it in the safe deposit box. They both loved it. How cool to own a piece of Disney.

I went to that link but cannot find where you actually purchase any stock from Disney. My 13 year old LOVES Disney. Its so hard to shop for this age,I think it would be the perfect gift!!

Here's what I've come up with for DD's list so far:

A netbook

Perfect Brownie Pan

Bedroom Intercom

Mindflex Mental Game (if its on sale, otherwise I'll wait)

Dippin' Dots Frozen Dot Maker and refill packs

Cooking Lessons

Clothes from Aeropostale/Old Navy/Justice

Boots

DS games

Bath & Body Works gift basket

I'm really trying to cut back this year on DD's presents. I hope I can stick to that promise and go without greatly expanding on this list! lol Its so hard though when you have an only child.

This is my soon to be 12 dd's list for her bday in Nov. and xmas (and no she isn't getting all of it):

Tickets to see New Moon

New Moon merchandise

Tickets to see Phantom of the Opera (they'll be in the area next summer)

Ipod touch

upgrade phone w/ qwerty but she is only one year into contract

Netbook

fun long socks (she plays soccer and softball)

Boppit

gift cards for itunes, aeropostle, holister, etc.

furry boots

skinny jeans

fabric covered bulletin board for room

Miley Cyrus cd

watch at zales they always have a special $29 jewelry item.in the clearance is good stuff too start a tradition and get her a piece of good jewelry every year

Most Tweens love jewelry. I bought a beautiful initial sterling silver necklace for my 13 year old cousin for her birthday. She has EVERYTHING she could ever ask for but absolutely loved that gift. Her mother bought her a genuine diamond necklace for her birthday,but she always wears her M instead. In case anyone is interested, I purchased the M initial from Buyz.com and it cost $12.00, or you can bid on them on Bidz.com if they list the initial you need that is. The only drawback is the shipping is expensive. If you spend $60.00, shipping is free....so I bought the same necklaces for all the Tweens in my family. Here is a link to check it out. Sterling Silver Intital Necklace.

I went to that link but cannot find where you actually purchase any stock from Disney. My 13 year old LOVES Disney. Its so hard to shop for this age,I think it would be the perfect gift!!

I found this company who does this. I have zero knowledge of them and am not endorsing them in any way, shap or form. Thorughly check them out before you buy!

http://www.oneshare.com/

right now they are showing the actual stock price to be $39 for one share and then they charge a $39 transfer fee for a total of one paper share of Disney stock coming out to $68.00.

Edited by AndreaInNC
added price info

• 2 weeks later...
I just came up with a new idea in case anyone else with a tween is interested: DD has really gotten into accessories of late, so I am going to buy a good sized jewelry box and fill it with colorful bangles, earrings, and necklaces.

ltdcommodities.com

I also got my step daughter the Twilight throw but I bought it through http://www.lakeside.com/. They have pretty much the same merchandise but I like them better because it seems to me the shipping charges are more reasonable.

My 10yr old step daughter is getting from us:

Twilight throw

Twilight pillow case

Nail polish

Lip Balm assortment

Zhu Zhu hamster and hamster ball

Wrist wallet (zippered pocket wrist band)

Gift Card to an undetermined store

Where did you get the wrist wallet. My DD1 would love that. She loves wrist bands, hamd warmers etc. Please let know. Thanks

http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?I=ZWW&Ntt=wallet&N=36&Nao=17&R=878271022ZWW4&product=Reversible-Zippered-Wrist-Wallets

I already have mine and it seems nice enough. It zips well and the pattern is cute, but it's reversible if they're not into the paisley. I thought it would be nice for a kid that doesn't carry a purse but still likes to take some cash when going shopping.

My son is NO help at all. I ask for a Christmas list and never get one. I need some great ideas for what to get an 11 yo boy. He has a Wii, PSP & Nintendo DS. While I do plan on getting him a few games, I DON'T want that to be all he gets.

Christmas used to be so much easier when he was younger. :(

I appreciate any and all ideas you may have! :fluffy:

How much do you want to spend? What about and Ipod touch? My DS got one last year and it was the best gift he has ever received. He loves it. We also got him a camera last year too. His birthday is 4 days before Xmas so his Grandpa got him a laptop as a combo birthday/xmas gift. Now I can say he has everything. Dont know what to get him this year. lol

How much do you want to spend? What about and Ipod touch? My DS got one last year and it was the best gift he has ever received. He loves it. We also got him a camera last year too. His birthday is 4 days before Xmas so his Grandpa got him a laptop as a combo birthday/xmas gift. Now I can say he has everything. Dont know what to get him this year. lol

I would LOVE to get him an iPod Touch, but I'm afraid that's all his Christmas would consist of if I got him that. Although, of anything......that's a gift he would definetly use! He plays on my iPhone all the time.

I would LOVE to get him an iPod Touch, but I'm afraid that's all his Christmas would consist of if I got him that. Although, of anything......that's a gift he would definetly use! He plays on my iPhone all the time.

I am also looking for a good deal on a touch for my DD11. I am leaning toward a refurb one from Apple. I got DS's last year when there was a bloop with B, so I am hoping to get a good deal. I have seen them as low as $128 for the 8gb but since DS got a 16gb I am waiting to see if I find one for her. I dont care if it is a 2nd or 3rd generaton.

Hoosier - at apple.com:

Refurbished iPod touch, 8GB (first generation), $139.00, with free shipping, and 1 year warranty.

We've purchased my DSD refurbished items from apple.com and had very good luck with it.

Or, how about a skateboard, clothes, music cd's?

Hoosier - at apple.com:

Refurbished iPod touch, 8GB (first generation), $139.00, with free shipping, and 1 year warranty.

We've purchased my DSD refurbished items from apple.com and had very good luck with it.

Or, how about a skateboard, clothes, music cd's?

Refurbished. Great Idea. I've always been leary of buying refurbished, but if it comes with a 1 year warranty it would well be worth a look! I don't think he needs anymore than 8 gb, as that's all my phone is and it works perfectly for me! Thanks for the heads up.