In Need of Suggestions for a Tween

SuggaD

Usually around this time each year, I already have at least a draft of DD10's Christmas list. This year, I have no idea whatsoever to get her. She's an only child. Her birthday was in September and she got tons of presents and still has unused gifts from last Christmas. The only thing she's asked for is an Iphone, but I think its wasteful to buy her one as she already has a cellphone and an Itouch. Help!!!

I am in the same boat. My DD is 11 and I have no idea what to get her. I was thinking of some gift cards (wrap them in different boxes) One for Justice, another for Aeropostale. I dont know if your DD is interested in those stores. I have some books in my cart at Amazon. I am on the fence about a DSi would upgrade from her DS Lite. She already has a Laptop, a zune, a digital camera (all received last Xmas). I do have a little video camera I p/u at Dell. I know she likes Tennis so maybe a tennis racket since she will be going to Middle School next September and hopes to join the tennis team

Will be looking at this thread to see if any other ideas come out. I wish you luck, this is a very difficult age.

I was thinking about this very topic. My dgd is 10 and doesn't have anything on her want list except a couple of ds games. DD & SIL are getting her a new laptop and her other grandparents a DS Lite. I am clueless. When I ask her she said "Grandma, there isn't really anything I can think of."

Last year by this time we had a nice list to work off of. It is so hard because they are outgrowing the "toys" but too young for teen things. She likes clothes but doesn't like to shop so she wouldn't appreciate a gift card. DD & SIL just bought her a new fall/winter wardrobe.

I will be checking this thread for ideas too.

what about some bath and body kind of stuff. I'm going to buy some stuff for my little cousin who is 11. I gave some bath butters and scrubs to her mom because I didn't care for the scent and here her daughter used them all up and loves them. She also used my hair mist too. I buy from a couple stores on www.etsy.com.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6939177

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5566504

here is an idea that might work for some this year I am doing it for both my kids 7 and 10, is the stuff for a study area in thier room, I am getting each a desk, chair, rug, lamp, marker board and calander plus some little desk accessories..........we redid thier rooms over the summer but did not get this stuff, that is something I have learned over the years, always leave yourself something to buy, my kids get a couple things that they will really play with and then the rest is usually practical stuff.

If she truly doesn't need anything .. why not make an investment for her future? A share of Disney stock would be a nice gift.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=152284

I did this when my daughter was young and again for my granddaughter. I framed the stock certificate and dd hung it in her room for a long time before we locked it in the safe deposit box. They both loved it. How cool to own a piece of Disney.

I really like the bath products idea....will be using that, thanks! DD loves the body sprays that I use from Bath and Body Works. I also like the amusement park/movies idea. Last Christmas when they had that great Medieval Times sale, I bought her 4 tickets and she went with her grandmother and 2 best friends and had a blast. I may also get her a gift card to Justice. I knew you guys would come through!! Thanks everyone!!!

My DD is 11 and this is what I have gotten her so far(maybe give some ideas). I have 3 kids to buy for and I like them to have a lot of gifts to open so nothing here will break the bank! They get their big gifts for their b-day so I can make my money go further at christmas time!

Twilight Throw

Twilight 2010 Calendar

Twilight Board Game

2 Margaret Peterson Books

Make up Set and Nail Polish

Ed Hardy Folders and Notebooks

Ed Hardy Pic for Wall

$20 GC for Hot Topic

2 Outfits (she loves the skinny jeans)

Ds Game

That is what I have so far....I will also put some smaller GC's in her stocking for food places.

I love the cookbook idea! DD is really getting into cooking and baking. Please keep the ideas coming! I know lots of folks are in the same boat as me and appreciate the great ideas!

What about some cake decorating or cooking classes. There are several local placed in St Louis that offer classes for kids that are pretty reasonable.

Im getting out easy for my 9 year old (for her one gift). I am clearing out my son's 4gb Ipod nano and giving it to her (she wants an ipod). Bought a pink case and will get her an Itunes GC. Voila! Looks like a spent a ton, but barely anything. lol

Talk to my son into it as he has 3. Yes 3 ipods. His newest is an Ipod Touch 16gb. Has a 8gb nano, and the 4 GB one.

Oh and I also will get her new earbuds.

The other stuff is Twilight/New Moon items (have the calender, board game, and will get the dolls)

My DD is 11 and this is what I have gotten her so far(maybe give some ideas). I have 3 kids to buy for and I like them to have a lot of gifts to open so nothing here will break the bank! They get their big gifts for their b-day so I can make my money go further at christmas time!

Twilight Throw

Another tween mom with a "Twilight" fanatic. lol. Where did you get the throw?

Gift certificatds for girls

Hot Topic

Claires

Tillys (Buckle is more expensive)

Gamestop

Target

walmart

I avoid giving food GC.

I am so thrilled. I went to the Hollister store today and p/u 3 shirts for DD11 for $33. I of course forgot my 20% off coupon so we happen to be going that was this week again so I will use it then so it will be an even better deal. I would not usually buy her Hollister but for the price they were worth it. Originally I was going to buy the same original shirts online but with the 20% off and no shipping the store was a better deal. Thanks to the 2 people that posted about the clearances sale there and the coupon to get.

Now to just get her some more stuff:D

My neice who is 14 but actually acts like a normal 14 year old rather that the ones that you typically see now that are on drugs and/or pregnant. I think at this age they like crafts and cooking, things they can use the creativity on. We are getting her a bath and body works basket. but I was thinking of doing a small gift basket with cake mix and some of the piping and decor stuff that she can use to decorate it with. I think it will be a fun project for her. and a cute and unusual idea

I bought my granddaughter (10 yr old) tickets for her and her Dad to go see the Star Wars concert. They are both huge fans. I will probably give them a gift cert to have dinner somewhere too. Wrap it up and label it Dad & You date night.

Of course, I tt my son in law and he is thrilled.

Gonna throw out my suggestions:

Money

Gift Cards to her favorite clothing store/s

Perfume

make up

hair straightener

Manicure/Pedicure at the local salon or salon school

New bookbag/purse for school (come on, school started over 2 months ago, what they got in the beginning is 'old' now, lol - hey that's what I hear from my 14 yr old)

SHOES!!! (boots, frilly)

New hair do (either hair cut, highlight, color - whatever your family allows or fancies)

The only thing my almost 12 yr old dd wants is a Razor Pocket Mod scooter. She is not in to shopping at all yet. :(

Those scooters are great! My DD got one 2 years ago and she and her friends ride it around the neighborhood all the time.

I cannot think of anything. He has not mentioned anything. Help or my tree will be bare underneath.

Background

he has xbox 360, wii, 32" plasma in his room, ipod touch, stero system,new bedroom suit,cell phone,

Any ideas?

You could get him a sports package... tickets to his fav team, along with a new cap and pull over with the team logo on them.

or a movie package buy him a few of his fav movies( or new ones that he wants to see) and a basket of goodies to go with it like popcorn, fav candy, fav drink, a Gift Card to a pizza place.

Or a bath package... PJ's ( or bath rode) a monogramed towel and washcloth set, with a bunch of goodies shampoo,toothpaste new toothbrushes,fav cologne,

If he is into watching sports on TV you could order him a sports package on the TV( PPV, or Espn or what ever he likes for a year)

Or a night out, Gift cards to a bowling alley, movie theater, fav place to eat, and throw in a pre paid Visa card to fill up his gas tank( or extra spending money) for the weekend or something.

Hope some of these ideas help.