Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Guest quigonatr

I hope they don't go 90% off tomorrow, Thursday would be nice. We are supposed to be getting 12 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow:eek: I really want to get some of those christmas toys I've been holding out for, I've hidden quite a few:)

Hard for me to imagine snow! We just got a cold front today in Florida & it is 69. We are so welcoming this because it's been 80's here still!:eyepoppin

Hard for me to imagine snow! We just got a cold front today in Florida & it is 69. We are so welcoming this because it's been 80's here still!:eyepoppin

What part of Florida are u in?? It has already droped to 51 here and calling for lows in the 30's tonight and 20s tomorrow night here. I need to go further south, I'm not used to the cold anymore, been here too long, LOL

i was told today by a target manager that friday everything will go to 90%

the last few years, I have been keeping tracking of when our clearance is. Our christmas stuff went 75% on the 31st as it has for the past three years and I have written down the 6th as the 90% off so 7 days from the day it went 75%. Our store has done this for the past three years so they have been consistent. Unless the managers are really wanted to reset the area, I think 7 days between the 75% and 90% has been fairly consistent. Of course, this could change depending on the store and the amount they have. I guess we will see as people start finding it 90% and see if its 7 days from when theirs went 75%

you Florida people are making me SAD! We are under a heavy snow warning today and it yes it is dumping another 4 to 6" on the ground. 26 degrees. I can't remember the last day i saw the sun shine.

Sounds like i should wait until Friday anyway to go to Target. Do all stores go to 90% or do they just pack up stuff for next year?

Guest quigonatr

What part of Florida are u in?? It has already droped to 51 here and calling for lows in the 30's tonight and 20s tomorrow night here. I need to go further south, I'm not used to the cold anymore, been here too long, LOL

I am near Tampa! It is dropping as the day goes on it's now 67 ~ I'd love to go see snow on a weekend trip if possible anyone can PM me if it's snowing in the south near them! Sorry I hate to get off of the TARGET subject because Target Rocks! (except the return policy)There are many things my family wouldn't have if it weren't for their clearance !

Does anyone remember how much those travel games were (original price)? I think they had Battleship, Trouble and Connect Four. I thought they were in with the Christmas decorations and were part of the holiday markdown, but my receipt shows them costing $4.99. Were they really $20 regular price???

Does anyone remember how much those travel games were (original price)? I think they had Battleship, Trouble and Connect Four. I thought they were in with the Christmas decorations and were part of the holiday markdown, but my receipt shows them costing $4.99. Were they really $20 regular price???

I bought these too. The grand kids had a great time with them last night for new years sleep over. I scanned them & it said reg $19.99 or 20. You can find them on Targets web site look for Hasbro.

They were stocking the clearance toys today when I went over. All still at 30%, though.

We did find a few cute things that DD didn't want to pass up.

A LPS advent calendar (she actually says she's waiting until NEXT Christmas to open it up, and it's very cool!), and a Playskool soft soccer ball for DS. Both orig. price of $9.99, we paid $6.xx.

They still had quite a few of those holiday wrapping box sets (gift wrap rolls, bows, bags, etc that all match). Didn't brave going back to the other stuff b/c it was busy enough at the toy section. :)

Just got back from target and my store was loaded with stuff. I got the trouble travel game and was going to get a few more but decided I'm not sure if anyone in the family would want them so I put them back to leave for others. They had some very soft throws for $1.99 and thanks to the OP for mentioning the baked goods. We picked up 6 pumpkin pies @.49 each, the cashier and bakery clerk told me how to freeze them. Also got the holiday cookies at .79 each package and they also told me how to freeze them. Picked up all the playdough and even found the large bag hidden in the video section. Found the barbies which I bought 4 and they had about 10 left, got the bratz dolls, and the larger ones were ringing up 9.99 and the cashier marked them down to 75% off for me. Couldn't find any armour all kits which we really needed, decided to put back all the lights I had in my cart, there are so many there that there is bound to be some left at 90% off. They had about 4 of the fleece comforter sets but I didn't need any. They had a nice selection of everything. Good luck to all

Yes, they were $20.

just a reminder to everyone..don't forget to print off the ham coupon on the web site for the spiral sliced one (they only one that they have). the hams are now on sale/clearance. got one tonight about 8 pounder for $8.50. with the $2 off coupon made it $6.50!!! don't know how well they will freeze, but it could be good for easter!

Yes, I can read, thank you. What is on the first page says that 90% hits 7 days after the holiday, which would be today. :D

Yes, but it is also a generalization. there is no hard and fast rule. they vary it by the quantity of stock left. Last year, one store in OC, CA went 90% off the day after Christmas.

You might not believe the number of posters who don't bother looking at that page. There are people perpetually asking the same questions again and again about the schedule.

love2shopca

Do you remember when your store went 90% off last year? My 2 stores went 75% off on Sat. So maybe tomorrow?? I will stop by and check in the am.

Ours went 90% on the 1st last year. I went right after the Rose Parade finished and I was able to escape. The Target along the parade route didn't open till noon that day and I was able to get a few things. I am expecting it tomorrow since it didn't go today. the employees at the Madre store were surprised it didn't happen today.

They were $19.99 originally. I bought the connect 4 at 50% off for $9.99. I wanted to purchase the other 2 games but they were gone at 75% off.

They were $19.99 originally. I bought the connect 4 at 50% off for $9.99. I wanted to purchase the other 2 games but they were gone at 75% off.

i found one today--connect four for 4.99 felt like i scored! LOL... also got a 42" lighted santa for 9.99 (weird price on it was 50 but rang up for this) and three boxes of 3 2ft trees to a box for 4.49 each, some indoor packs of extension cords 3 to a pack for 87 cents. also some light sets (350 count) and hooks to hang them outside, and some of the holiday tees for my daughter with snowflakes 1.25 on them so they will last the next couple of months---oh and they had eggnog taffy in a decorative box for 99cents.........so yummy i went back and got a couple more.

It was Ward Pkwy. I'm over it. It just didn't seem right to me. (course the shelf stockers are probably saying the same thing.) DH says I should have hip checked her and hit her on the head with a candy cane yard ornament. (HE TOTALLY DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE SALE SHOPPING THING I DO AND MOCKS ME WHENEVER HE CAN.:rolleyes:)

I was at Olathe at 9:30 this morning. It seemed very picked over to me. You don't think they went to 75% off mid day yesterday, do you? UGH. People have talked about that happening, but it has never happened to me around here. I hope they don't start doing that! I don't shop the Olathe ST very much at all, so I didn't really know what they had left. Did they have a lot yesterday when you were there? It seemed very sparce at 9:30.

I didn't have a whole lot of time to look around outside of getting my ornaments. I ran through each aisle very quickly. I thought it looked like a decent amount, however since I'd already bought SOOO much Sunday at the other stores, they really didn't have much that I needed or didn't already have. I only got a few things other than the ornaments.