Black Friday Experience...post here!

Morphx2

Post your fun experience here!

So I went to CompUSA at 1am, 34 degrees out...brrr. FIRST IN LINE

Next person came at like 2am and he had people at Best Buy too and kept in chat with them so they each got each other stuff.

Then the next person came at 3am and it got more busy from then till 6am when it opened. They handed out flyers for the 10 cheap laptops too, but I wasnt getting one, but thats ok

So then the doors went open, I go in, grab a cart and get my butt to the videocard section for the GeForce 6800. Of course it was behind locked glass..was anyone there to open it? NO! There was a line of about 8 people waiting for the videocard, a line of 10 at the harddrives since that was locked, and about 15 people at the memory since that was locked too. I sent this dude out to get someone and he finally got someone after *15* minutes! CompUSA employees are dumb, someone should of been there already. I was scared I was going to lose out on all my deals and i was #1!

So finally the guy comes, I tell him I want the GeForce 6800 and he says ok, it will be at the front. I was like damn, he better not screw me over. So then I get my computer case since no one was getting them, then I got the 60 gig HD for 30 bucks, then I got the sound card that was free, then I went to the memory, but the kind I wanted wasnt there!! I had the flyer too and another kid was looking for it too. Im like screw that, so I went to the manager and told him it wasnt there and the guy handing out the memory didnt see it. So he checked the back and got me 2 of them like I wanted :D YAY. Then I got the digital camera for my sister and waited in the 30 min checkout line, and the guy saw me and gave me my videocard :D

Then I went across the street to Office Depot for the wireless mouse/keyboard combo, but it was sold out. Grrr

BUT I got all I wanted at CompUSA, so all in all...2 THUMBS UP! :yelclap:

I was too lazy to get a killer notebook deal, but wife & I went to local Office Depot & scored a notebook each, then I headed to Staples & got a couple of flash cards & a 160 gb HD & used a 30 off 150 coupon :2roller:

I'm very happy I didn't have to wait in line in a metro area store :cool:

The notebooks are Christmas presents for our daughters, wife & I are gutting our "office" room & make it a workout room & taking out the desktop PC's (except for mine)

This was the best BF for me so far! WOOHOO!

I left the house at 3:30, hit the ATM, and was on my way. Pulled up at Sears just before 4 am. Incidentally, when I passed Best Buy (just before 4 am), there were maybe 20 people in line. Very different from the "camp out all night to be in the first 100" cities! So I pull in at Sears, park...I'm the FIRST one there! I waited in the van till about 4:10 when someone else showed up, and parked myself right next to the door. Sat there playing dh's gameboy for about an hour. Meanwhile people started showing up behind me in line--not too many during that first hour. The crowds didn't arrive until about 5 am. Sears had signs on their doors to inform customers which door the gift cards would be at, so I easily found the right place. People lined up at the other door though as it was nearest the tool section...but they got no gift cards. Ha ha. :tongue1: So the store finally opens, right at 6 am, and I'm the first one in that door. WOOHOO! But the manager didn't even so much as say hi to us...just handed out the gift cards. I thought they might at least smile or something--nope. I raced in to the tool section, which was quickly being mobbed by the people who'd waited by that door. Found the deep sockets dh needs and went right to the register to buy the $60 project center. I had a coupon for $10 off using my Sears card, and then the $10 gift card, so it was like getting the deep socket set totally free (it was $19.99). Can't beat that!

Safe in the knowledge that no one else could buy "my" project center, I went to find the other various gifts I was buying people, and the Christmas lights. Stood in a very long line. One person complained about the line...several others asked who in the world shows up to shop on BF not expecting a line, LOL. Got my stuff (with another $5 off coupon!) and went out to the van, to drive around back to merchandise pickup to get that project center. Total time from entering Sears to being DONE at that store, 1 hour. Not bad at all!

Next up was Radio Shack...the mp3 player I wanted was cheaper than I expected. Only a $10 rebate...so it was only $40 before rebate. And it was exactly what I needed--supports all files, USB plug in and go, etc. YAY.

So then I went to Penney's and found a shirt for one of my boys that came with a little remote control car. Used up my last $8 getting that, so that was the end of BF shopping.

I got every single thing on my list with no hassle whatsoever and only had to deal with one longish line. It was GREAT. And I definitely owe this great experience to gottadeal.com...previous years, when I had no such resource, I wound up not getting everything I wanted, stuck in line forever, etc.

Very happy today! :2roller:

I went to 2 stores & came home. The weather here is getting sucky so I thought to heck with & come home. I went to Target 1st for the 17.77 DVD sets. Boy did those go fast. I got my hands on the 2 I wanted. I had a time finding the Buffy one & when I did find it there was only 1 left on the shelf. I thought nobody better not even touch it cause I will fight em tooth & nail to get it. LOL For some reason I thought Shopko opened at 6 instead of 5 so I did miss out on 1 thing I wanted to get there. I pretty much got everything I wanted to get.

Sunday will be goin to the mall to spend a few hours looking.

Nice to be home & in my warm jammies. heh

I got to Wal-Mart at 5:00 am. Ours is open 24-hours, so I was able to go in and grab all of the items that I was PMing, as well as other everyday priced items that I was putting on Lay-A-Way. The crowds weren't getting thick yet, so I had some time to decide where I needed to be to get the items I wanted. I ran into a co-worker, and we were getting some of the same items, so I stayed with one and she stayed with the other. About 5:30, it started getting crowded around the Rock and Play Piano. There were only about 60 of them total, and most of the people were saying how they wanted 3-4 of them. The Walmart staff cut it open at about 5:55 and said she was getting out of there, and asked us to play fair. Everybody waited until they announced the sale, which was really cool. Grabbed my items, met up with my co-worker, and headed to Lay-A-Way. I was 4th in line -- YAY! I made it to K-Mart by 6:30. My brother is the electronics manager there, and he said that he went through 80 DVD players in 2 minutes. I got everything I wanted there except the boots my mom had asked me to pick up for her. After everybody was talking about Menards yesterday, I was afraid to go up there, afraid that everything I wanted would be gone. It is 1/2 hour drive, so I wasn't sure if I was going to bother to take the trip. WRONG -- they were busier than usual, but nowhere near the mob scene that one would expect. I was able to get everything there too. Then over to Staples for the DVD +R. They had those stashed in back, so you had to ask for them. Got those too. Then to Target, where I got everything I wanted, and picked up a toaster that wasn't on my list, but ours broke a long time ago and we just never bothered to replace it (I'm eating toasted bagels with cream cheese as I type this, I forgot how much I love them!). I then went to Meijer to pick up a couple of things, then on to Ace for batteries. I got mostly everything that I wanted, not much hassle, and had a really good time!

I only made it to one store this morning. Last year I got to Best Buy at 3:45 and was about 25th in line. I got up at 1:45 am and got to Best Buy at about 2:15 to be about 40th in line. I was shocked. It was colder here in florida as well than usual at about 50 degrees so we all froze. I ran in to get the 79.99 MP3 player for dh while he headed over to the computer line. Stood in that line for about an hour and a half to get our laptops. Ran over to the camera dept to pick up the Kodak digital camera for my Christmas, then had to stand in the checkout lane for about an hour as well as they had it weaved throughout the entire store about. We left Best Buy at 9:15 and I was home at 9:30. Needed to also go to Sears for a stereo for my daughter and possibly Target, but never got there...will have to go tomorrow. From standing for so many hours, my back and legs were killing me so I didnt think I could take much more. But I got everything I went after at Best Buy.

I had a good day too. Got to Walmart for the leappad, piano toy, food processor and sandwich maker. Didnt like the portable dvd player and the 3.88 dvd selection was really limited. In and out in 14 minutes and off to Radio Shack where my main purchases were. I got the 4 2 way radios, the $39 prepaid cell phone, $29 cd stereo, and a few $5 door busters, and the mp3 player (less than 15 minutes there)

Then off to the mall for the dept stores. Finished by 10:29am

we just got back. we got to office max at 3:40am and no one else got there till 4:00am that person got right in line so DH got right in line behind him. no one else got in the office max line till after 5. at 5:30 kohls opened so DS and i went there to get the $15 griddle while dh stayed in line. then we came out of there at a little after 6am. we went to target and got buffy season 7 and South Park season 2 for $17.77 each!! also i imagine the people who were waiting outside target since 5am were quite upset to see that they had no playstations or x-box's. there was just a paper sign in electronics that said due to a shipping problem they didn't receive any. luckily i wasn't there for that so no big deal. then we left there at almost 7am,and went to stand in line at officemax with dh. it turns out most of the people in the very long line line were there for the stupid chair.when the store opened at 7:00 everyone rushed inside and i sent dh off to look for the hard drives, we looked in every aisle and then we found out they had them behind the counter where the digital cameras were, not in the hard drive aisle. almost everyone in line was only there for cameras though so we managed to get 4 of the hard drives. we got everything else we wanted (16X Dual layer dvd burner, free after rebate label maker and some dvd+r's) and we're in line to check out at around 7:20. we didn't leave office max until 9:30am! over 2 hours in line. then we went over to walmart and they still had 6 trampolines left. so we got everything we wanted today without too much trouble, other than the initial confusion over where the hard drives were located. i hope everyone else was as lucky.

****actually we were only "handed" 3 hard drives then the guy said he would have to ask his manager if we could have another one, the manager said yes but it would have to stay at the register until we got through the line.

Okay, I was the first at K-Mart at 5 am, got the dvd recorder, barbie with ornament, pj's out by 6:20. Down to Radio shack, got some of the $5 stuff for stockings, the 4-radio set, rechargable cordless spotlight, dvd-r (free after rebate), the camera pen, and r/c airplane, over to sears by 6:50, they were already out of the hand-held worklights and toolbags, but got wrenches and drill. Over to Walgreens by 7:05 to pick up portable anti shock cd player ($4.99 AR), plus some wrapping stuff (buy 1 get 2 free), hot wheels, and lipstick, had the longest line of the day (about 10 minutes), then a 30 minute drive home by 8. Skipped Walmart, the only thing I was going to get there was the men's carpenter pants, but the parking lot was FULL!! Not worth it to me to fight that crowd. Since the nearest BB, CC, OM, TRU, etc is 3 hours away I didn't have to contend with those crowds. At 10, I headed down to Alco for the men's pants there, and found some ladies jeans for $7.50, perfect for my sister. I also found a flourescent hand held worklight that my DH said was better for $2 cheaper than the one at Sears!! Stopped by Ace on the way home, they still had the stuff I wanted, and checked right out. Thanks also to this board, my BF experience this year was actually pleasureable. I wanted one of the laptops from BB, but since there is not one here, I got to keep the $500. :)

I went to KM Thanksgiving morning. Got there about 6:50 and there where only 15 people in front of me. They opened five minutes early and I got the GB Games I needed. Easy and painless.

Then last night my mom and I got a Hotel room and rolled out of bed about 3:45. Went ot KBT and the line was already long so we went to Sears and where second in line. Of course after waiting two hours there where some IDIOT"S who desided to budge into line. DENIED!!!! LOL Finally they where opening the doors and the door got stuck DOH!!!! Got the door up and they where handing out the 10 cards my mom went one way I wnet the other and we met in the middle of the store. My mom pulls TWO cards out of her pocket. She was handed two my mistake. So we got 30 dollars off!!! OH YAH!!! Went to a few more stores with no problems. Hit WM last and got everything we wanted and price matched alot of stuff with no hassles. Pretty painless this year. I am done shopping!!!!!!! (I SWEAR REALLY) LOL Enjoy the HOliday's everyone.

First Black Friday!

So, I wanted to hit TRU and the ad said they opened at 6am. I decided to be there by 4. I got so excited that I couldnt sleep and I ended up leaving the house at 3:10 am. I passed Best Buy on my way and the line was already about 50 deep. Walmart, Target, Circuit City did not have a single soul in line.

I get to TRU, expecting a few people and there was NO ONE there..not even employees, LMAO! I felt kinda dumb, but I didnt know that TRU wouldnt be as crazy as some others in the country.

So, I decided to sit back in my car and catch up on some reading. That was one of the best parts of the day...to be able to read uninterrupted..even if it is 4 am and in the cold. As the mother of 3 girls 4 and under, Im sure you can figure out why that is such a luxury :)

Anyway, around 5 am, I see one or two cars drive up. The people get out of their car and just walk right in and start shopping. HUH?? The ad said they open at 6. So I get out of my car and there is a teeny tiny sign on the door that said "Open at 5 am" That was awesome! Apparently no one knew about them opening early and I was able to get in and out by 5:15 am. I got a ballpit and a few other things that wasnt in the ad (the ad sucked btw).

Thrilled with the thought that I did not have to stand in line at TRU and that Im done before I even thought I was going to be started, I decided to be brave and see what was going on at Target. I get there at about 5:40am and there is a line about 75 deep. As soon as I get into line, it seems like hundreds of more people just materialized behind me. By 6 am, there was a line around the store. I had a lovely conversation with the lady in front of me who was there to get a PS2 for her son. (I saw her a bit later in the store and she was crying b/c they didnt have any). Anyway, as soon as the doors open, the people who waited in line walked in calmly and orderly. There were a few people who just waited in their cars and tried to rush the door as soon as they opened, but they got denied. I didnt particularly need anything, but fell in love with the fleece throws they had on sale for $17. I got myself a Hello Kitty one (yes, im juvenile) and all three of my girls a Dora one. Even though they were in the ad, the display was on a back end cap and no one could find them. When people saw me with them, they were asking where to get them. I didnt have the heart to tell them that I cleaned them out of the Dora ones (they had plenty of the others). The toy dept and electronics dept was slammed. Target had every register open and it was a smooth process.

Then, since I was STILL ahead of schedule, I ran over to Radio Shack and got DH some of the $5 goodies. It wasnt busy at all..in and out in 5 minutes. Radio Shack is next to Best Buy and heard alot of people coming out of Best Buy pissed off and complaining.

Then I went to Walgreens to get some of the cheap light bulbs and batteries. Again, in and out in 5 minutes. I then walked right over to Krogers next door to get donuts to take home to DH and the girls. As I was coming out, I saw that next door at Big Lots didnt look to crowded, so I decided to put my Walgreens items and donuts in my car and walk over to Big Lots.

Here is the funniest part. I go over to what I thought was my car...I mean it was a green 1998 Saturn sedan right where I parked. I open the door (I never lock my doors in my neighborhood..bad, I know) and throw my donuts and Walgreens bag in the front and turn around to go to Big Lots. I get to Big Lots thinking that they were probably out of the free mini radios since that have been opened for 2 hours. NOPE! I got one and they had several left. I didnt buy anything, though.

So, I leave, get into my car and drive home. As I pull in I look over and see that my Walgreens bag and donuts were missing. I thought "Why would someone steal light bulbs and donuts, but leave all the Target and TRU bags?" I was real mad (because I was real hungry), so I drive back to that parking lot, hoping to catch someone eating my donuts. As I pull up to where I was parked, I noticed a car that looked exactly like mine parked right next to where I was parked. I peeked inside and saw my stuff! LMAO! I quickly opened the door, got my stuff, and booked out of there! I was so embarrassed! I guess I was so tired, it was still dark, I just plain wasnt paying attention when I put those bags in someone elses car. Can you imagine how funny it wouldve been if that person had left and found a donut surprise in the front seat?

Overall, it was great. No rude people, traffic was fine. A little later on, I went back out to exchange one of the fleece blankets (DD wanted Strawberry Shortcake) and the lines were just fine and people were behaving. I got real brave and went into Walmart. They didnt have anything I wanted and the lines were horrible, so I left.

Thanks for this great site! Im sure if I had needed/wanted anything from Best Buy or CompUSA, Id be singing a more sour tune right now. From what I hear, people are mighty disappointed that they didnt get what they went for.

This year is the earliest I've gotten started!

Mapped out action plan route last night. Out the door a little after 6 a.m. Went to Target to get a couple sale electronics. NO lines. Not a big crowd there. On to Kohl's. Ah...here's the crowds! Found some baby Fisher Price toys (big ones) for 50% off. Grabbed a sale shirt to make it $50 so I could get the $10 gift card. They were out of of their poker tabletops (surprise, surprise). Long lines, but they had order to them and folks were nice. :yelclap:

Walked over to K-Mart next door to get the poker tabletop for same price (& in stock). :)

Hubby & kids met up and we combined into one car to the mall.

Went to Carson Pirie Scott. Had TWO of the free $10 gift cards. Not letting those go bye bye (LOL). Had just gotten to the kiddie section when hubby calls from the car. One of the little ones needed to use the facilities. Rush back down two flights & pick up my new helper. False alarm lol. This is the store that the rude people seem to be at. Lots of rude/pushy people. This was around 9:30 - 10 a.m. Must be the crowd shopping at that time? Very long lines too. Going up the escalator, a girl pushed by us and almost knocked over my 4 yr old. :mad: We got what we wanted - great deals there! On the DOWN escalator, an older woman shoves past the little guy to walk down the escalator. :rant: What's with the rude people. Push me if you must, but not a small child - especially in a potentially dangerous situation! :2football

On to Menards, where hubby went in (his first actual store today...i did most of the work, lol). Good deals there, but he said it was a madhouse.

We finished by 11:25 a.m. Would have done more, but my feet and back were killing me! :2roller:

All I really wanted was the 20 in flat TV/DVD at Walmart. My dh promised to go and help me with it, but he would not get up on time. Then, he couldn't find his wallet, etc. We get there at 5:35..way later than I wanted to. On the way there, my husband is swearing no one will be there. Of course, there was a long line,and I figured I wouldn't be able to get the TV anyway.

So, we go to K-mart to get the $19.99 microwave. I got there right at 6am, and I was able to grab it right away. I came to find out it was really $29.99 with a $10 rebate. The cashier sends me to customer service, and they don't even have the form. She had me fill out an envelope with my address to mail me the form! I figure that will be $10 I never get back.

Then, we ventured back to Walmart about 7am. I get some toys and a can opener I need. No TV's to be seen, and I wasn't interested in anything else. While I wait in line for 30 minutes to check out 3 items, they start announcing they have vouchers for the 27in tv. I talk my husband into getting this TV, and then we can just buy another DVD player for it. But when he goes over to get the voucher, someone had just turned in a voucher for the 20 in one I wanted! I got the TV after all, and my husband saved himself the silent treatment!

Then, I came home and took a nice long nap!

We got what we wanted.

Shoprite's DVD/VCR (1 day early )

Most of the FAR or cheap stuff at Staples.

123CopyDVD at CompUSA (which was not worth the wait or price, it doesn't work!)

Elton John DVD at Best Buy - a gift for the friend

My First Leappad at Toys R'US

1 of 2 10.00 of 10.00 coupons used at Macy's (the other will be used tommorrow)

and a gymboree online order.

Small needs this year. And a lot less rebates to send in. And my 2 year old son handled it all surprisingly well.

Well this was my first BF trip as well and I have to say it went smoothly, but next time im getitng more people to go with me lol.

I had palnned out that I would wait at CompUSA for it to open then run over to office max before it opened an hour later at 7, boy was i wrong.

I got at CompUSA at 4:15am and was third in line. things started to really pick up around 5 when the line stretched to nearly 70 people. But it could have been alot worse. Luckily Bestbuy is really close the compusa here, so alot of people went to BB instead of compusa, i heard there was a line of about 300 people by 5:30 lol, i feel sorry for them since it was so cold.

Anyway, they handed out vouchers for the laptops, which i wasnt after, and the 60gb hard drives for $30 which i wanted lots of lol. i got in, got my hard drives, blank dvds and a bunch of blank cd-rs then waited in line for 30 minutes wihtout much trouble. everyone was nice enough about things, not much pushing or shoving that I saw, but before the doors opened, there was some poepel trying to inch up in line lol, but I was firm in my place! lol.

I wasnt able to make it over to office max till 7:30 and it was a zoo, lines for check out were back into the store. Luckily, they were keeping most of the stuff I wanted behind the cutomer service counter, so I went up and got one fo the 200gb hard drives for $50, the 16x dvd burner for $40, and the 100 cd-rs for $0 lol It took another 45 minutes to wait in line though. They didnt have the Wireless G router I wanted, but to my suprise, Officemax gave me a rain check for it at the same price, so I was happy with that. Plus, I have to say the people at officemax were very nice and helpful.

All in all, Im happy with what i got, i got almost everyhting I wanted. It took alot longer then i thought it would, so next year ill change my planning some, especially to rope in helpers lol. I wanted to hit staples, but there just wasnt time, so i did miss out on some of the things there.

I went for shopping only in the evening and i picked up the Liteon DVD Recrdr at Kmart(the last one) and then went to KB toys to pick up some real good deals. When i went to circuit city (went there for the GameCube) it was sold out so i had to pick it up in EBGames(Starter Kit which cc offered was missing) all in all a good day considering i went only in the evening

Brian

I had an awesome day!

Made it to Walmart by 4 was in and out with everything i wanted! The jeans for 6.77, sweatshirts for the the kids a DvD player for mom and one of the 25.00 bikes! Checked out at 6:30

Headed to Toys r us where i again got everything i wanted! checked out at 7:07

Then Mervyns where i got 2 of the yugioh watch sets for 25.00 and target and checked out at 8:06!

I had a great time!

Thanks!

Heidie

The alarm went off at 3:30am and I hit the snooze and rolled out around 4:15am. No shower, just some water splashed on my face since I'm recaulking the shower and a quick last look at the ads and I'm out the door at 4:45.

Get to the mall a few minutes after 5:00 and the Disney Store is open. Thank God my wife is not with me (she's 9 months pregnant and ready to deliver our second baby). I do some quick damage at the Disney Store as I'm fighting to keep my eyes open.

Around 5:20 I'm standing in line for my free snow globe at JC Penney. 5:30 the doors open and I make my way over to the shoes. Gotta get those black knee high boots and some walking shoes for the wife. No, the boots aren't for me.....the heel was too chunky .... lol.... j/k.... Had to wait for two people to do a return...yes a return.... the cashier is all by herself but has a great spirit about her. Must be from all the people in line behind me saying "oh, she's by herself??? poor thing".

Standing in line at Sears at 5:50 and I find out later I'm at the wrong entrance for the $10 gift card. Oh well... I'm not gonna worry bout that right now... I'm just trying to stay awake and not get pulled over by the cops for crossing the solid yellows. Get some mechanics gloves and some bath towels while the hunt for the fuzzy socks for my wife is fruitless. I ask for help and get a finger pointed in the general direction of where the socks are. If I was more awake I would've pointed a finger of gratitude in their direction. Oh well, it's BF and I'm better than that.

Off I go to Orchard around 6:15 to get that GPX under cabinet cd player. Orchard is like a small HD and they're owned by Sears so I figure that's why they have them. Plus I have a 10% off coupon so I made out even better than getting it at Target.

After a short 2 minute stay at Orchard I'm on my way to the Holy Land, uh, Lowes. This is my most favorite store in the world. I pick up a couple of those huge Maglite 4D flashlights. They're good for shining a bright light in a dark room and giving a beatdown to someone who wants to take that last Fisher Price Rock and Play Piano thing outta your hands. Also, I go pay a visit to the Bosch reciprocating saw. Marked down 30% to $69. I loved it but quickly thought of all the formula and diapers that will need that "extra" money very soon. I walk away quickly but turn back to get one last glimpse.

Across the street I go to Wal Mart and it's 6:35 now and I saw someone pass by with that Piano toy thing in their cart and they said I got it right there and it was the last one. She had a really big smile on her face. Why did I leave my flashlight in the car??? Oh well, no big loss.

I go to Walgreens to get my wife some 2 liter sodas and some AA batteries. Anything with caffeine so she can finally have some after the baby comes. Formula fed not breast fed so she's only a few weeks away from that crisp refreshing taste of.... oh forget it.... I gotta go to Target to get fuzzy socks and sweaters. Don't remember the color because I'm a man and when she's telling me what color she wants all I hear is blah blah blah blah..... lol, j/k....

Make my way to Office Max to get all that free after rebate junk. I didn't go overboard like some people I saw. You know the ones....the I gotta get one of everything people.... this was actually the worst line of the day, 1 hour I believe and the last 15 minutes of it was killing me cuz the lady behind me had dragon breath and she kept exhaling all loud and wondering what was taking so long. I didn't take the bait to engage her in conversation. Instead, when I noticed her peeking over my shoulder to look ahead of me I just moved over to block her view. Yes it was mean of me but she's better off than if I would've had gas. Trust me, you don't wanna be near me after some refried beans....anyways.....after office max i make my way home for breakfast.

I offer to to take my 2 year old daughter out for her first BF. My wife was pleased and Daddy and baby went to the Disney store....2nd trip for me... Target ....2nd trip for me but I found the socks and found the right color sweaters....and BB...yes BB...the place with no carts and a 2 year old walking next to me. She was ok until we got in line and had to stand still. The line went really fast but when it was time pay she didn't want to stand next to me or have me hold her. She was flopping around like a fish out of water and I couldn't even swipe my credit card. I felt like the poster child for a Mr Mom remake. I asked my daughter if she wanted to hold the bag and she said yes. She held it and promptly turned it upside down so everything would come out. Good thing it was only a game and a gift card but I had a DVD player in one hand and the other was trying to get her to stay with me. Well, after BB it was time to go home and take a nap, all three of us.

Here is the funniest part. I go over to what I thought was my car...I mean it was a green 1998 Saturn sedan right where I parked. I open the door (I never lock my doors in my neighborhood..bad, I know) and throw my donuts and Walgreens bag in the front and turn around to go to Big Lots. I get to Big Lots thinking that they were probably out of the free mini radios since that have been opened for 2 hours. NOPE! I got one and they had several left. I didnt buy anything, though.

So, I leave, get into my car and drive home. As I pull in I look over and see that my Walgreens bag and donuts were missing. I thought "Why would someone steal light bulbs and donuts, but leave all the Target and TRU bags?" I was real mad (because I was real hungry), so I drive back to that parking lot, hoping to catch someone eating my donuts. As I pull up to where I was parked, I noticed a car that looked exactly like mine parked right next to where I was parked. I peeked inside and saw my stuff! LMAO! I quickly opened the door, got my stuff, and booked out of there! I was so embarrassed! I guess I was so tired, it was still dark, I just plain wasnt paying attention when I put those bags in someone elses car. Can you imagine how funny it wouldve been if that person had left and found a donut surprise in the front seat?

LMAO!!!! That is so funny! :D Lucky you realised before the other Saturn driver had come out of the store!

Well, I didn't sleep at all.

At 4:40, my friend arrived at my home. He looked over the ads and we waited 15 minutes for my other friends to arrived. They arrived about 5, then we left to Best Buy. We got there about 5:15. While waiting in line, I saw my friend that works there, and asked if he knew where the stuff were, he didn't know because they didn't stay to stock. The store finally opened, as soon as we got in, I got the 160 HDD for my friend. Then I ran to get the vaccum cleaner, I was the first one to get it. The same friend that I saw in the morning, he said he could check my stuff out at the appliance. So I went and got the 256 flash drive then came back to get the vaccum. I checked out at 6:07. Earlier than most.

I went outside and waited for one friend. While two were still inside. So my friend and I put our stuff in the trunk, and drove over Office Max. We were there at 6:15, and was like 20-30th in line, I spoke to one person inline and he got out before us in BB. He just took, buy, and got out ASAP. 15 minutes later, one friend finally was done at Best Buy, the other friend didn't come until 6:50. As Office Max was approaching 7:00. The manager came out and said "For the free items, it's limit to ONE item per household, you can't get another member of the family to buy the free items, again it's limit to ONE item per houselhold. As the doors open, people went crazy and got the carts and were trying to find the free items. I was trying to free the 200 GB HD, and finally the employee said stand in any line, and they will get it for you. I waited about 15-20 minutes to get the HDD. My friend was in line since he went to get his stuff. My other two friends went to Circuit City. I went to a bin, and got the Eminem CD. I stood in line for 25 minutes for a CD. Finally, my friend at OM, and another friend finally arrived. We were done about 8:00. Then we went to eat at Baker's Sqaure.

Day was okay but I wish I had more money to spend.

I was at Kohls at 5:35 (they opened at 5:30) for the portable dvd player with the bag for $159. They were sold out I wasn't too bummed until I saw this guy with about 6 of them heading towards the checkout!!! There should be a limit on hot items. I got a few spy toys for half price and waited in line for about 45 minutes. Target was great had tons of dvd bundles for 17.77 circuit city had a huge line i left. mall was not crowded. Ended up at Walmart about noon and they had everything I needed. Never attempted BB glad I didn't. Not to sure if Ill bother next year.

Guest DigDoug

Hi all,

I've been perusing the board for a few weeks and this is my first post. This was also my first real experience with Black Friday (I once went to Kohl's at 6am on Black Friday 2 years ago and it wasn't with a plan). Here is my story.

My girlfriend and I head to BestBuy at 2am with collaspable chairs, blankets, and extra clothing to keep us warm (we stop at Krispy Kreme to pick up some donuts on the way too). We get there and there appears to be 6 people ahead of us in line. Not bad at all from my perspective. My girlfriend and I made small talk with the couple in front of us. Turns out they had an 8 month old baby in the car. They stayed until about 3:30 am and asked if we would hold their spot for 30 minutes. They left and never came back. Some where around 3:45 this guy comes out of his van and gets in line in front of us and tells us that the two folding chairs in front of us were him saving his spot in line. I said that I didn't know this and he said we could move in front of him (then he went back to his van). I would have anyway because he was sitting in his nice and warm van while the rest of us waited out in line out in the cold. Anyway, he and his family got weirder as the night progressed and they were behind us so we weren't too worried about it. The Best Buy employees started showing up around 4am. My gf and I were a little chilly but doing ok. The employees at this point were great. They answered all my Black Friday virgin questions and let me in to use the restroom (great way to warm up and scope things out :)). Anyway, I got excited about the sale and decided that I would buy pretty much anything I could remotely want (especially the ticketed items) and if I decided I didn't want them I would return them (I was waiting after all in the cold since 2am). They let us in at about 5:45 in a single file line and I went straight for the first items on my list: flat panel monitors. My girlfriend got the cart and met me at the monitors. Here is what I got:

BestBuy

Item Price Rebate P-Rebate Tax Total Tot-Reb

42" Plasma TV 1,439.99 100.00 1,339.99 100.80 1,540.79 1,440.79

DVDs 44.94 0.00 44.94 3.15 48.09 48.09

Laptop Memory 49.99 0.00 49.99 3.50 53.49 53.49

Toshiba Laptop 499.99 0.00 499.99 35.00 534.99 534.99

Laptop Protection Plan 99.99 0.00 99.99 0.00 99.99 99.99

eMachine Desktop 599.98 400.00 199.98 42.00 641.98 241.98

D-Link Wireless Router Kit 79.99 60.00 19.99 5.60 85.59 25.59

D-Link Wireless Router Kit 79.99 60.00 19.99 5.60 85.59 25.59

WD 160GB HD 119.99 90.00 29.99 8.40 128.39 38.39

19" Flat Panel Monitor 449.99 100.00 349.99 31.50 481.49 381.49

19" Flat Panel Monitor 449.99 100.00 349.99 31.50 481.49 381.49

Reward Zone Membership 9.99 0.00 9.99 0.70 10.69 10.69

Kodak Digital Camera 149.99 0.00 149.99 10.50 160.49 160.49

Digital Cameral Memory 44.99 15.00 29.99 3.15 48.14 33.14

Gift Card 0.00 50.00 -50.00 0.00 0.00 -50.00

Total 4,119.80 975.00 3,144.80 281.39 4,401.19 3,426.19

We were quick and got everything and was in line to purchase everything and out of the store by 7am. I did have a problem with the guy ringing up everything except the DVDs (came back for those at night) and the TV (rung up in a seperate area). He rung up some items and totalled it and forgot to ring up other items. It was a pain because I wanted everything on the same receipt to get the 12 months no interest financing. I went back on Saturday to get that taken care of and that was a HUGE pain and everything was fine until then. I had to create a spreadsheet with all the info above because everything was sooooo screwed up.

Anyway, that's my story. After BB we went to Target and Officemax to get a few other things. Thanks for letting me share my Black Friday story.

Oh yeah, I may be returning the 2nd 19inch monitor and the digi camera. If anyone is interested in purchasing, let me know.