>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

wow- thanks for the heads up. I assume they will take more preorders than the PS3? I really HOPE so!!!

I just got the email from gamestop and it stated Wii preorders friday in US and ps3 and Wii preorders on Mon in Canada. It could not hurt to ask anyway.

Guest Frieked

What time do the Gamestop stores open in the morning?

Most open at 10am but I'm sure it varies. I suggest calling your local store and asking.

There is a limit of 1 per household per the email that Gamestop sent out.

True, but they only go by phone number. My husband and I both have seperate accounts there. We are actually buying two for to use, not to sell. One is for our family, the other is for my FIL who is paralyzed on one side from a stroke. He specifically asked for it for Christmas.

Got an email today saying Pre Order Wii at their stores tomorrow. DH will be there before they open .. WIsh us luck we get a preorder game

from thier site

GameStop and EB Games stores will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the Nintendo Wii console on Friday, October 13, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to reach our limit very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at that time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. A $50 reservation deposit is required, which can be funded with cash, credit or trade. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

Guest MickeyMousepal

Thanks for the heads up but I'll stick with PS3...yeah I think Nintendo Wii is childish and doesn't create new characters for Nintendo.

But maybe I'll pre-order it for a friend or something since Super Mario Galaxy sounds good.

I read they will have over 7 million on the market before Christmas so getting one will not be much of an issue. The numbers will be so high that by the holidays you should be able to walk into the stores and find them on the shelves. Actually one campain is tat XBOX lowered the price of the 360 so you can buy a Wii and a 360 and a game for the same price as a PS3.

From what I hear the quantity available for preorder at EB Games/GameStop was really low (like 14 per store). Sold out at every store near me pretty much as soon as they opened. Good thing I got my preorder from Amazon.com. :)

I read they will have over 7 million on the market before Christmas so getting one will not be much of an issue. The numbers will be so high that by the holidays you should be able to walk into the stores and find them on the shelves. Actually one campain is tat XBOX lowered the price of the 360 so you can buy a Wii and a 360 and a game for the same price as a PS3.

Yeah, it should be no issue getting one before Christmas. I'm not aware of any official price drops on the 360, but it can be found for below retail so you could get a Wii+360 for the price of a PS3.

Thanks for the heads up but I'll stick with PS3...yeah I think Nintendo Wii is childish and doesn't create new characters for Nintendo.

But maybe I'll pre-order it for a friend or something since Super Mario Galaxy sounds good.

Childish? Check the list of launch titles. Blazing Angels, CoD 3, FarCray, Madden 07, Red Steel, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, World Series of Poker - these are not childish games. Nintendo is trying to shed that image this time around, mostly with third party support.

I've never considered Nintendo systems to be "childish." Those "childish" games are some of most fun games I own - Mario Power Tennis, Mario Kart Double Dash, etc.

Yeah, it should be no issue getting one before Christmas. I'm not aware of any official price drops on the 360, but it can be found for below retail so you could get a Wii+360 for the price of a PS3.

My understanding is the 360 price will drop $100 when the PS3 releases. Its there way of trying to blow them outta the water. Thats what my husband told me

Mara

My understanding is the 360 price will drop $100 when the PS3 releases. Its there way of trying to blow them outta the water. Thats what my husband told me

Mara

It's possible and rumored, but Microsoft won't announce any price drop ahead of time so we'll have to wait and see. :)

It would be nice though, I'd probably buy an Xbox 360 early next year if the price was that low.

I'll buy a PS3 too... when they hit ~$250 for the low-end model... in about 5 years ;)

Im LMAO over the 'childish' comment. I think its far from it.

Anyway, there are so many rumors flying around about how many will be available, I think the best bet is to preorder. Ive heard that there will only be a limited amount at first and then the rest will be available after January. Ive also heard there are 2 million ready to sell now. So who knows how many there really are? I wouldnt take anyone's word for it.

As for the game that is being bundled with it, well, at least there IS a game included for free. Its better than nothing. They chose the game that most demonstrates the controllers capabilities.

Luckily I got in on the Amazon preorder a month ago and supposedly they are supposed to honor all who got in before they cut it off. I went to Gamestop this morning at 10am for a totally unrelated reason (dd wants Nintendogs Dalmation, lol) and casually asked how many they sold before the doors opened. The guy said they only had 7 available and 40 people were in line at 9 am. Lots of ticked off people.

I was at gamestop in the mall at 7am this morning and was # 4 in line. There wound up to be 15 or 16 people in line and the store only had 14 available. They came out and gave out tickets about half an hour before store opening. Everything went easy. I did find out that at the other 2 stores in my area that were doing preorders had alot more people in line than they had preorders available. I'm just glad I chose the warm mall to wait in rather than standing outside at one of the other stores and freezing my tushy off!

I can never bring myself to buy the new game systems when they first come out. I usually wait until my hubby picks it up overseas where he is located. The best part, Europe usually gets the new systems a few months before they land in the states, so I never have to worry about having it here in time for Christmas.

I showed up at EB this morning at around 8 and there were already 5 people in line, one guy had been there since the night before. I was #6 out of 28 preorders taken. My son will be very happy this Christmas as this is the ONLY thing he wants and hasn't stopped talking about it since it was still called the Revolution.

Wow I'm so upset right now. Now i have to go on line Nov 18..I hope everyone is excited about that 600 system.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have another round of preorders before the release date. The preorder quantities seemed really low.

My DH went there Friday at 5am (he's crazy). He was the only one there until around 8:30am. SO needless to say he was #1 BUT they only had 8 preorders... The other local EB Games was pretty packed so people started coming to the one he was at only to be upset. He missed the PS3 Preorder so there was no way he'd miss this one! Sounds really cool!