GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Time to get out the Halloween decorations!  Though to be honest I never cared about decorating for Halloween, but I did get my skeleton from storage to put on the patio.  Betting than keeping the skeleton in the closet.  Also brought home an old kitchen table to work on puzzles as the temperatures start to fall.  I think back to previous Black Fridays and how I'd sit at the same table looking at all the ads.  Today I can't remember the last time I bought a newspaper (Black Friday or not).  My local newspaper was just sold and changes hands today (thank goodness Gannett no longer owns them), so hopefully it starts to get better.

Have a Happy Halloween month everyone and its time to start getting excited for Black Friday if you haven't yet!

• Like 1

How unexpected and lovely!

While getting ready for work today, a package addressed to me was dropped off on the front porch from Torrid. It was from their #torridstrong campaign, which supports breast cancer research through sales of specific items. October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, it arrived in a timely manner.

I'm uncertain how Torrid found out that I'm a breast cancer thriver. I'm thinking I may have mentioned it in one of the reviews I wrote on their website for a previous Torrid Strong item.

It goes nicely with my choice of dress today.

PXL-20211001-173920700.jpg

The gift straight out of the package.

PXL-20211001-174014055.jpg

A close up of the enclosed note.

PXL-20211001-174947219.jpg

Can you see the pink ribbon?

• Like 10

I make beef jerky

The process can be quirky

Good too with turkey

Len’s Best Beef Jerky

Ingredients

2 pounds beef round steak, cut into thin strips
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons liquid smoke
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 ghost pepper (½ teaspoon ghost pepper powder) 
4 jalapeno peppers (3 teaspoons jalapeno powder)
1/2 teaspoon prague powder #1 (Curing Salt)

Directions

1. Trim all visible fat from the beef and place in freezer for an hour or two to partially freeze.  
2. While the meat is in the freezer, combine all other ingredients in a medium bowl or ziplock bag.
3. Remove the meat from the freezer and slice ¼" strips against the grain. Cut with the grain for a chewier jerky. 
4. Add sliced chicken to the mixture and marinate for 8-24 hours in the refrigerator. 
5. After the meat has finished marinating, remove from refrigerator and strain excess marinade. 
6. Arrange the meat strips on the tray of a dehydrator and dry at your its highest setting until done (at least 4 hours). 
7. The jerky is finished when it bends and cracks, but does not break in half.
8. Store in an airtight container or resealable bags.
Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 3