GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

How is it March already??? lol

I should be hopping a plane to Las Vegas tomorrow but sadly, I will not be. My best buddy who normally goes to the races with me out there cannot go (she’s taking care of her mom after a fall - mom will be OK, just needs some extra help for now). I didn’t want to make the trip alone, so we decided to take the 120% credit and apply it to next spring’s race. Going to be so, so strange watching the races from home this weekend... First time in 15+ years not being out there.

Boy kitty Hodges came down with a case of bladder crystals a couple weeks ago. Prescription food = pet food budget just got multiplied by 5 (wish I was kidding). Ouch. Hopefully we can step him back down off of it after a few months (his vet is optimistic). He is definitely feeling much better after two weeks of meds and special food, though, so I am extremely thankful. He’s only 8 1/2. Far too young to be leaving me for the rainbow bridge just yet. Blessing of working from home was that I was home when he showed first symptoms & on the phone with the vet inside of 15 minutes, then on the way to them not even 15 minutes after that. Given the day it happened, on a “normal” day, I wouldn’t have been home for another 8-9 hours. He would’ve likely been in far worse shape.

Hope my GD family is well as we near a full year of dealing with this pandemic. [emoji170]

• Like 4

March already! On my birthday this past Sunday we actually hit the middle 60s! It was a nice day to get out in the fresh air and not freeze while outside. It only lasted one day, back into the 40s yesterday and 37 right now. But spring and warmer weather is just around the corner.

• Like 2

March already! On my birthday this past Sunday we actually hit the middle 60s! It was a nice day to get out in the fresh air and not freeze while outside. It only lasted one day, back into the 40s yesterday and 37 right now. But spring and warmer weather is just around the corner.

Happy belated B-Day...it is also my youngest son's birthday(but he is still a baby..20...lol)

• Like 2

its march!!! wooo-hoo i welcome warm weather, but more so , really happy to have made it through Feb.!!!!! what a challenging month!!!.  i had covid ,and my warranty  was extended twice due to a fever that would not go away.nooo not my warranty ,my QUARANTINE was extended .. most people got 10 days .. i had 27  days and Eric( a totally healthy 25 yr old)  had over 30 days and was deathly ill for a large portion of that time !!! .. Get this? the person we got it from, was sick with what felt like a mild cold for THREE days !!!  go figure. anyhow we are all feeling better . and so are the 2 people i exposed before i knew i had it (i tested neg . the first time ...even though i had caught it ) 

that said HELLO MARCH!!!

i can add .. one of the two people i gave the covid to, she had her first vaccine , and was waiting for her second. unfortunately due to having the first one she thought she was NOT gonna get it and exposed so many at risk people, even though she was told to quarantine , after being in a car with me for 4+ hours windows up, no masks on.

• Like 4

Happy March!  Can’t wait until we spring the clocks forward.  Means I actually see sunlight at the end of my 12-hr shifts.  I hate winter when I have to leave for work and come home from work in the dark.  My lab has no windows so I go 3 days straight without seeing any daylight.  It’s very depressing on a good day.  Add in a pandemic and then well.......you know. 

on another note, I’m not sure my azaleas and knock out roses have survived the extreme cold temps and historic snow we had 2 weeks ago.   :(

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 2

i had covid

anyhow we are all feeling better .

So glad you are feeling better!

Hello everyone. March rolled in with the birth of a grandson :)

Congratulations! So fun! I recently found out I have another grandbaby on the way. My daughter had a blood test last week and we are waiting to find out the gender. Woohoo! Edited by bluebear
  • Like 2

Happy March!  Today is our twin boys' 23rd birthday.  One of our sons is married and the other one is getting married the 27th of this month.  So, it is going to be a busy but happy month.  I hate that the weather is getting warmer (it was 68 here today).  I love cold weather but living in Alabama we don't get much of it (we live about an hour south of the parts of Alabama who got all the snow). 

Hope everyone has a great March 2021.

Edited by starbeck96
  • Like 2

Just realized I hadn't checked in for the month, I guess that's good because it means I've been busy.  February pretty much stunk with a few people I knew passing away (some from Covid, others from other ailments including cancer), so let's hope March is better.

• Like 1

It's a little early, but my "covid quarantine project while mom sitting" was to make Easter egg ornaments the last 5 weeks. I made mom an Easter egg tree. And I just put it up. I found some cute German Easter bunnies on EBay. They are wearing lederhosen.

post-2167-0-86980000-1615656395_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-91054300-1615656420_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-98731700-1615656441_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-31706500-1615656487_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

It's a little early, but my "covid quarantine project while mom sitting" was to make Easter egg ornaments the last 5 weeks. I made mom an Easter egg tree. And I just put it up. I found some cute German Easter bunnies on EBay. They are wearing lederhosen.

Thank you both. Mom has been commenting on her tree all afternoon. Now that it is dark, they sparkle differently with the tree lights.

Hey Bopeep! How about a Secret Easter Bunny exchange?!?! Mom's tree needs candy. (And she has been asking all afternoon too.) We really only need to ask 1 question.....Peeps or no peeps. (No Peeps for us thank you.)

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 3