GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Thought I'd pop in before I have a Bowl of Super tonight watching the Chiefs play in two in a row.  Two of my favorite teams growing up was the Chiefs and the Buccaneers, so this is a pretty good early birthday present for me.  While I don't root for Tampa anymore, I still can't think of another team I'd want the Chiefs to face.  I think it will be good game.  Too bad Tampa wouldn't use their throwback creamsicle jerseys.

• Like 1

Happy February all :) Finally over my covid and after several months finally got to go have dinner with my sister and her family. Not being able to taste or smell right sucks the most but that's gonna last a while longer. Ah well.

We got a ton of rain last week and temps hit all time lows. Nearby cities got snow flurries and local ski resorts up north got snowed in with as much as ten feet of snow per day or more. Looks like we made up for our dry spell in 2020. 

• Like 5

Happy year of the metal ox. The second animal in the chinese zodiac, legend says the emperor wanted 12 animals to be his heavenly guards, and a race was arranged. The winner of the race was the rat, who hopped on the ox, and when they reached the palace, hopped off and won the race.

(there are many different versions, but they usually involve a river and always the rat using the ox to win.)

Have a happy and prosperous new year.

• Like 2

Happy year of the metal ox. The second animal in the chinese zodiac, legend says the emperor wanted 12 animals to be his heavenly guards, and a race was arranged. The winner of the race was the rat, who hopped on the ox, and when they reached the palace, hopped off and won the race.

(there are many different versions, but they usually involve a river and always the rat using the ox to win.)

Have a happy and prosperous new year.

Thats a cool version.

Happy February all :) Finally over my covid and after several months finally got to go have dinner with my sister and her family. Not being able to taste or smell right sucks the most but that's gonna last a while longer. Ah well.

We got a ton of rain last week and temps hit all time lows. Nearby cities got snow flurries and local ski resorts up north got snowed in with as much as ten feet of snow per day or more. Looks like we made up for our dry spell in 2020.

Glad you are feeling better. We are getting our coldest temps that we had in several years. Im on the Texas gulf coast so for us its going to cold but no where near as cold as the rest of the country. Stay warm and safe everyone.

::sigh:: It's February. Took the Christmas tree down. ::sigh::

I wish i could keep a Christmas tree up this long but I can’t give up getting a real tree.

Thats a cool version.

Glad you are feeling better. We are getting our coldest temps that we had in several years. Im on the Texas gulf coast so for us its going to cold but no where near as cold as the rest of the country. Stay warm and safe everyone.

I wish i could keep a Christmas tree up this long but I can’t give up getting a real tree.

Do a fake and a real. Best of both worlds. :)

• Like 2

For 2021 club members will receive.... something. Trust me, it'll be great and exclusive to the club. Once I know, you'll know. Give me some time to pick something cool.
So what is the prize?
I don't doubt it will be great.
Please don't make us wait...
Edited by len_mullen

I finally really understand when the Christmas song goes....The weather outside is frightful.......

Amen !

Sub zero temperatures for 2 weeks ✔

Snow check ✔

1 day of school in 2 weeks ✔

Rolling black outs ✔

Heat waves coming....balmy 20° forecasts yippee !

Could have been way worse i could've been out of propane for my my propane coffee maker

Edited by jstluvem
  • Like 4

Amen !

Sub zero temperatures for 2 weeks ✔

Snow check ✔

1 day of school in 2 weeks ✔

Rolling black outs ✔

Heat waves coming....balmy 20° forecasts yippee !

Could have been way worse i could've been out of propane for my my propane coffee maker

Propane coffee maker? Please share where I can get one! Don't need it for the snow - but sure could have used it with the mega power outages last hurricane season! I am excited to learn about it! :)

Snow is stupid except for on Christmas

Well this just made me snort my coca-cola! 

ive got 10 inches on the ground from the storm that came through Sunday/Monday and it’s been snowing all day today so another 5-10 being dumped today.  In Central Arkansas.......I’m over it now.  

Edited by HanShotFirst

I finally really understand when the Christmas song goes....The weather outside is frightful.......

Yas!!!

I “slipped and slidded” to work for 3 days in a row in this mess we southerners aren’t used to driving on on a good day of just an inch or two of snow/ice.  Mother Nature goes and dumps 10 inches on us and more falling today on top of the 10 already out there.  

• Like 1

Been a rough week for us in Texas.  Finally got water back last night.  The local water treatment plant had a frozen line.  Luckily, I haven't lost electric except for the rolling blackouts.  Haven't had a chance to be online much as work has demanded a bunch of my time.  Hopefully, things will wrap up enough to become normalized.

• Like 3