Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

When do you plan to start decorating for the holidays this year?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,797 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 8:05 am

Seems like a lot of people are going to decorate earlier than usual this year due to *gestures broadly* ...everything.

What about you GDers? Anyone actually start already? Waiting until after Thanksgiving?

#2 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 8:40 am

Cause 2020 is what I've been saying. Maybe they think they will get the rona from their Decorations. I wonder if Santa will have a mask on when he visits?

#3 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 8:42 am

I honestly don't know when I'll start this year... I'm in the mood now, but will probably wait until at least the end of October beginning of November...at least...

#4 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,925 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 9:56 am

I won’t decorate until after Thanksgiving but that’s normal for us.

#5 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 58,903 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 10:39 am

Was wanting to decorate for fall this past weekend - BUT the hurricane warnings say NO! So - if we still have a standing house - maybe next weekend. For Christmas - probably on Black Friday - as I WILL NOT be leaving the house.

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#6 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,797 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 11:16 am

I usually put up some fall stuff right after Labor Day (did last week) and then Christmas right after Halloween. Nearly 2 months for each “season”.

If there’s no “real” BF ads to worry about this year and I’m not as busy next month I might put up the Christmas lights earlier while the weather isn’t too bad.

#7 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,411 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 11:50 am

Technically, tomorrow We have a 99 day countdown clock that we put in the window.

#8 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,567 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 12:40 pm

I figure I'll stick to my usual.  I'll probably do the bathroom right before Thanksgiving, and everything else Thanksgiving weekend.  I didn't put up my traditional tree last year, so I'm looking forward to having it back this year (was going to get a new one from Home Depot, but now I'm wondering if they'll do their annual great Christmas tree deal, lol). I need to find a cute, affordable, gate to go around the tree though.  My cat is old, and she has decided to forego the litter box about half the time (gross, I know).  I hate to keep her out from under the tree when she's always loved getting under there, but I don't want to have to crawl under the tree to shampoo the carpet every day either.

#9 Suzy Crampton  OFFLINE  

Suzy Crampton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 2:28 pm

I went to Hobby Lobby last week and it took everything I had to not race home and start decorating the house for Christmas  :holiday09

Edited by Suzy Crampton, Sep 15, 2020 - 2:29 pm.

Suzy Chapstick:)

#10 tyreejames  OFFLINE  

tyreejames

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 6:45 pm

I will be doing fall decorations this weekend. I will more than likely hold off on Christmas until Black Friday or possibly the day before Thanksgiving. I have decided that I will only put up one tree this year.

Last year was my first holiday season after losing my sister. I forced myself through the motions in hopes of feeling better. It did not help and just left me feeling more drained. So this year I will only put up the living room tree and the outside decorations.

#11 ilikefree  OFFLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 16, 2020 - 3:25 pm

I haven't been decorating as much these past several years but will probably wait till after Thanksgiving just like every other year.

#12 Reinholt1  OFFLINE  

Reinholt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Yesterday, 4:04 pm

Cause 2020 is what I've been saying. Maybe they think they will get the rona from their Decorations. I wonder if Santa will have a mask on when he visits?

LOL Santa better be wearing a mask! He's in a high risk group, he's a senior and he is over weight, and he is male. I don't want to see Santa in my ER .... unless of course he is there just to drop
off PPE or toilet paper!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

izzydedyet