What's your Black Friday budget for this year?

magickallight

It's usually a wing it thing for us only because DH gets a case of"I just had to buy it " ,"that's not a lot for Xmas", or telling me I'm cheap because I have acceded to his wishes on what I've bought due to his "we're not doing a big Christmas"(LOL LOL LOL ROFL). I buy all year so except for a few things I am usually done before BF. I do usually buy household items on BF and budget about 250-300, this lasts me a whole year.(rubbermaid,sheets,towels, other kitchen and bath stuff)

• Like 3

I'm pretty much the same as Len. I wish I would save some each month... but I dont.

I'm a little worried because we are adding a car payment in November. But, we aren't paying as much for tuition/housing this year, so hopefully that should even out.

Typically I spend about $1000 on bf, with a good chunk of that at Kohl's.

• Like 2

I had a lot of changes in life this year. So I am not sure what my actual budget will be. I have a few dollars set aside but I know it will not be what I normally shop with. With the needs and wants of my family changing it is hard to know what to budget until I have an actual list of wanted items. 

• Like 1

I don’t usually budget for Black Friday itself but I do have a Christmas shopping budget. If I am buying something household related that comes out of a separate pot. I have a Christmas club account so the money is already set aside. Like others mentioned; some years I knock out the bulk of shopping on Black Friday and other years not so much.
  • Like 1

I don't really budget for this either. This year we have a Christmas Club at 2 different banks plus I've been socking money away here at home whenever I can. I don't plan on spending it all for Christmas, but I like knowing it's all there if I need it. I just look for good deals all year, not just on Black Friday. I already have a few gifts stashed away and a couple things I just ordered and am waiting on delivery for those.

• Like 1

I have gone back to college this year and will get a bit of a refund.  So, some of that will be for Black Friday shopping.  I am also working a lot of extra hours in October (co-worker will be out on maternity leave) so that will help as well.  I am hoping to have at least 1200.00, but won't know until a week or two before.  We are doing things a little differently this year with Christmas.  We are thinking about drawing names for all the adults on my side of the family which would include:  myself, my husband, my dad, my sister, her husband, our two sons (who are 21), and one of our son's wife (our other son isn't married).  We will still buy for our daughter, niece, and nephew.  But, we are going to put a $ 25.00 limit on gifts this year so that really helps our Christmas budget. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never really had a budget per se, but my spending is adjusted by what we're looking to purchase.  Lately it's been clothing so really never budget at all, just buy what we want/need.

This year, however, I've budgeted ~$1200 for a new TV for the living room.  Am specifically looking at OLED/QLED TVs.  Probably 55".  Don't want to have to "afford" an LED TV, but if I must, it'd probably be a Sony XBR-900/950 model.

However, going back through the last few years' ads, OLED/QLEDs were in very short supply as far as BF sales go.  Probably buy between now and BF.  Prices are already dropping enough on some LG OLED's that I cannot imagine them getting any cheaper on BF.

C'est la vie. 

• Like 1

Every year I say I’m going to start saving around March; every year, it never happens lol but I do eventually begin to budget around this time to start shopping. Next week, I officially start my shopping. I have my girls’ lists and I’m about half way through making my list for my other family members I’m going to buy for.
  • Like 2

Never really had a budget per se, but my spending is adjusted by what we're looking to purchase.  Lately it's been clothing so really never budget at all, just buy what we want/need.

This year, however, I've budgeted ~$1200 for a new TV for the living room.  Am specifically looking at OLED/QLED TVs.  Probably 55".  Don't want to have to "afford" an LED TV, but if I must, it'd probably be a Sony XBR-900/950 model.

However, going back through the last few years' ads, OLED/QLEDs were in very short supply as far as BF sales go.  Probably buy between now and BF.  Prices are already dropping enough on some LG OLED's that I cannot imagine them getting any cheaper on BF.

C'est la vie. 

Look for a much larger LED for that price, like the fantastic TCL 75" 6 series with Dolby vision.

• Like 2

Significantly less than normal for several reasons. 1. My kids grew up and are now getting 1 or 2 nice grown up presents, And 2. I became disabled and no longer work. My household income dropped significantly and without kids to worry about my husband and I won’t be buying nearly as many presents. I plan to use Black Friday as a chance to purchase household items and a good price instead of filling a tree.
  • Like 3

I usually put money in savings all year but this year I didn't. I did some job changes and it threw off my budget completely. I do have an extra paycheck in November! I won't know what I'll spend until I see the sales. I always get some new household items (sheet sets, pillows, new rugs, etc) but this year my son really wants a new laptop so I'll see what kind of deals they have. 

• Like 1