Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

• Please log in to reply
1069 replies to this topic

#241 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2019 - 7:41 am

Weather in FL is too warm right now. I need some winter.

#242 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,515 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Jan 4, 2019 - 9:06 am

So long 2018. Hello 2019! Remember, I'm counting on you to do better!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#243 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,394 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 4, 2019 - 12:18 pm

It's always a little depressing to me when the BF subforums get archived.

#244 deelite  OFFLINE  

deelite

Me...Addicted???

• 1,361 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2019 - 2:37 pm

It's always a little depressing to me when the BF subforums get archived.

I feel that way sometimes too. But the closer it comes to BF again, we will fill them up again before ya know it..lol.

:yay: Too Blessed To Be Stressed! :yay:

#245 chachn8r  OFFLINE  

chachn8r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 4, 2019 - 4:34 pm

Happy New Year, checking in for this month

#246 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,574 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2019 - 9:19 pm

Just need more BF topics to start threads about. :)

#247 len_mullen  ONLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,356 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2019 - 3:28 am

Ten months, ten topics...

1. Feb: CES 2019 should give us some ideas about what Black Friday 2019 will be all about.  A review of what they hope we'll buy.
  2. March: Best Air Fryer recipes/uses.  Going to try a blooming onion tomorrow.  Jury is still out on this counter top wonder.
  3. Apr: In 1999, I took a job in a group called Architecture Technology Organization (aka ATO).  These were all the geeks and those who managed them.  On my first day on the job, I learned about X10.  Within a couple weeks, I was living in a smart home.  Not a lot of X10 in my house these days, but the house is even smarter thanks to Alexa.  Some thoughts on getting started with automation.
  4. May: In May of 2010 I fired Comcast.  A lot has changed over nine years.  This is how I would cut the cord in 2019...
  5. Jun: Cash back for dummies.  Best credit cards and loyalty programs for people who do not want miles.
  6. Jul: Prime Day Primer.
  7. Aug: Drying food on purpose.
  8. Sep: Televisions.
  9. Oct: Laptops.
  10. Nov: Time to talk about Black Friday 2019!

#248 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 5, 2019 - 9:48 am

Update on my blue beauty! She is fixable and I will have her back in about 2 weeks, if repairs go smoothly.

So glad I don’t have to go car shopping again so soon. That would’ve really stunk for me on a variety of levels. lol

I concur with the short week being a good thing. Work was unexpectedly very busy and I was more than ready for a weekend.

In the final planning stages for first NASCAR trip of my “season” - I head to LV with one of my best friends at the end of Feb for the race weekend (3/1-3/3). All we have left to book is our rental car. Win.

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#249 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,755 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 6, 2019 - 4:09 pm

Back to work tomorrow after a 2 week break. Now is when I start stressing about everything I wanted to get done but didn't. I still have 3 more hours, maybe I can get one more thing done...
We did finally get the front door and shutters painted this weekend. It's been so wet lately that was the first chance we got. So that's a big one.
I looked at my work email last night for the first time all break, and I'll have a busy day tomorrow, plus I will be leaving early to attend the funeral of a former co-worker. :(

#250 momlori  OFFLINE  

momlori

Reading in the mountains

• 1,930 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 7, 2019 - 8:30 am

Glad it is 5 weeks until my vacation

#251 kellis4321  OFFLINE  

kellis4321

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Jan 7, 2019 - 9:17 am

Happy New Year everyone! 

#252 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,515 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Jan 7, 2019 - 3:39 pm

Got me some tickets to WWE Royal Rumble here in downtown Phoenix. Been a while since I watched a show in person. Should be fun! :D

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#253 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,574 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 7, 2019 - 4:42 pm

Nose bleeds or close up?

#254 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,515 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 7, 2019 - 6:35 pm

Nose bleeds or close up?

Kinda middle. Upper infield but bottom row where we can still see everything going on.

#255 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,574 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 8, 2019 - 12:10 pm

Kinda middle. Upper infield but bottom row where we can still see everything going on.

Awesome :)

#256 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,179 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 8, 2019 - 12:47 pm

Ok, so at 8am i started writing a RIP Sears post, and now I see they will survive for now.

GO BRUINS!

#257 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 8, 2019 - 3:52 pm

Happy to say that my MIL has been approved to come to the US!  My FIL had a "spot" on his chest xray, so they are making him wait 2 months for another interview.  With as many people that had "spots" on their xray that day, we actually suspect an issue with their film.  He has already been cleared medically, but the gov wants those 2 months.  I expect we will be flying both of them here in late March.

#258 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,876 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 8, 2019 - 4:38 pm

For those following my cancer recuperation journey...

After a long day (8:30 to 3:30) at the University of Washington Medical Center, my presurgical consultations and CAT scans are completed, and I am good to go for my DIEP FLAP reconstructive surgery on Monday.

Plan, as of now, is to report at 5:30 am on Monday, and to expect to be on the table from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm. A couple of days stay in ICU, to be sure my flaps don't develop necrosis, followed by a couple of days stay in a standard hospital room.

Expected recuperation at home is then four to six weeks. A long haul, but it will be nice to have a superior body than the one I started with before the bilateral mastectomy in June.

Prayers and good thoughts for the surgeon's task, as well as my own healing, will be appreciated.

Edited by Gator Pam, Jan 8, 2019 - 5:11 pm.

#259 bossy1  OFFLINE  

bossy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Jan 8, 2019 - 5:05 pm

After a long day (8:30 to 3:30) at the University of Washington Medical Center, my presurgical consultations and CAT scans are completed, and I am good to go for my DIEP FLAP reconstructive surgery on Monday.

Plan, as of now, is to report at 5:30 am on Monday, and to expect to be on the table from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm. A couple of days stay in ICU, to be sure my flaps don't develop necrosis, followed by a couple of days stay in a standard hospital room.

Expected recuperation at home is then four to six weeks. A long haul, but it will be nice to have a superior body than the one I started with before the bilateral masectomy in June.

Prayers and good thoughts for the surgeon's task, as well as my own healing, will be appreciated

Nothing but GOOD thoughts coming your way...easy surgery, speedy recovery, many many healthy years to follow

#260 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 8, 2019 - 6:42 pm

Nothing but GOOD thoughts coming your way...easy surgery, speedy recovery, many many healthy years to follow

I second this!

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#261 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• 1,000 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Jan 9, 2019 - 8:00 am

Prayers Gator Pam!  

#262 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Jan 9, 2019 - 10:14 am

We finally got a little duding of snow today! ❄️ Saturday we r suppose to get about 3 inches so I’m good with it but after that bring on the sun and hot temps!

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#263 len_mullen  ONLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,356 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 9, 2019 - 5:41 pm

We finally got a little duding of snow today! ❄️ Saturday we r suppose to get about 3 inches so I’m good with it but after that bring on the sun and hot temps!

I'm flying to Maryland for a week in February.  Count on a foot of snow.

#264 chester5  OFFLINE  

chester5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 10, 2019 - 8:06 am

Boy, I sure wish we could get some snow.  It's all ice here and it's awful.  Indoor recess all week because the entire playground is ice.  Talk about torture!

#265 sas377  OFFLINE  

sas377

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 10, 2019 - 10:40 am

It was 70 on Tuesday here and is supposed to be in the 20s tomorrow morning!  Gotta love winter in the south.

#266 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,574 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 10, 2019 - 12:22 pm

I could do with some snow right now but doubt that’s going to happen in FL where I am. :)

#267 jstluvem  OFFLINE  

jstluvem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 11, 2019 - 9:20 am

Expected recuperation at home is then four to six weeks. A long haul, but it will be nice to have a superior body than the one I started with before the bilateral mastectomy in June.

Prayers and good thoughts for the surgeon's task, as well as my own healing, will be appreciated.

Prayers and cyber hugs

Edited by jstluvem, Jan 11, 2019 - 9:22 am.

#268 msyves  OFFLINE  

msyves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Jan 12, 2019 - 5:27 pm

For those enduring the snowstorm, stay safe.

#269 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 54,409 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 13, 2019 - 6:22 am

No snow here - but I share in the safe wishes for all of those affected.

For those enduring the snowstorm, stay safe.

20190113062156x250x140.jpg

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#270 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,876 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 14, 2019 - 4:32 am

Thank you, all!

Today's surgery day. Please keep me in your thoughts.
See ya on the flip side!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users