GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Ten months, ten topics...

1. Feb: CES 2019 should give us some ideas about what Black Friday 2019 will be all about.  A review of what they hope we'll buy.
  2. March: Best Air Fryer recipes/uses.  Going to try a blooming onion tomorrow.  Jury is still out on this counter top wonder.
  3. Apr: In 1999, I took a job in a group called Architecture Technology Organization (aka ATO).  These were all the geeks and those who managed them.  On my first day on the job, I learned about X10.  Within a couple weeks, I was living in a smart home.  Not a lot of X10 in my house these days, but the house is even smarter thanks to Alexa.  Some thoughts on getting started with automation.
  4. May: In May of 2010 I fired Comcast.  A lot has changed over nine years.  This is how I would cut the cord in 2019...
  5. Jun: Cash back for dummies.  Best credit cards and loyalty programs for people who do not want miles.
  6. Jul: Prime Day Primer.
  7. Aug: Drying food on purpose.
  8. Sep: Televisions.
  9. Oct: Laptops.
  10. Nov: Time to talk about Black Friday 2019!
  • Like 4

Update on my blue beauty! She is fixable and I will have her back in about 2 weeks, if repairs go smoothly.

So glad I don’t have to go car shopping again so soon. That would’ve really stunk for me on a variety of levels. lol

I concur with the short week being a good thing. Work was unexpectedly very busy and I was more than ready for a weekend.

In the final planning stages for first NASCAR trip of my “season” - I head to LV with one of my best friends at the end of Feb for the race weekend (3/1-3/3). All we have left to book is our rental car. Win. [emoji106]

• Like 6

Back to work tomorrow after a 2 week break. Now is when I start stressing about everything I wanted to get done but didn't. I still have 3 more hours, maybe I can get one more thing done...

We did finally get the front door and shutters painted this weekend. It's been so wet lately that was the first chance we got. So that's a big one.

I looked at my work email last night for the first time all break, and I'll have a busy day tomorrow, plus I will be leaving early to attend the funeral of a former co-worker. :(

Happy to say that my MIL has been approved to come to the US!  My FIL had a "spot" on his chest xray, so they are making him wait 2 months for another interview.  With as many people that had "spots" on their xray that day, we actually suspect an issue with their film.  He has already been cleared medically, but the gov wants those 2 months.  I expect we will be flying both of them here in late March.

• Like 3

For those following my cancer recuperation journey...

After a long day (8:30 to 3:30) at the University of Washington Medical Center, my presurgical consultations and CAT scans are completed, and I am good to go for my DIEP FLAP reconstructive surgery on Monday.

Plan, as of now, is to report at 5:30 am on Monday, and to expect to be on the table from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm. A couple of days stay in ICU, to be sure my flaps don't develop necrosis, followed by a couple of days stay in a standard hospital room.

Expected recuperation at home is then four to six weeks. A long haul, but it will be nice to have a superior body than the one I started with before the bilateral mastectomy in June.

Prayers and good thoughts for the surgeon's task, as well as my own healing, will be appreciated.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 10

After a long day (8:30 to 3:30) at the University of Washington Medical Center, my presurgical consultations and CAT scans are completed, and I am good to go for my DIEP FLAP reconstructive surgery on Monday.

Plan, as of now, is to report at 5:30 am on Monday, and to expect to be on the table from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm. A couple of days stay in ICU, to be sure my flaps don't develop necrosis, followed by a couple of days stay in a standard hospital room.

Expected recuperation at home is then four to six weeks. A long haul, but it will be nice to have a superior body than the one I started with before the bilateral masectomy in June.

Prayers and good thoughts for the surgeon's task, as well as my own healing, will be appreciated

Nothing but GOOD thoughts coming your way...easy surgery, speedy recovery, many many healthy years to follow

Expected recuperation at home is then four to six weeks. A long haul, but it will be nice to have a superior body than the one I started with before the bilateral mastectomy in June.

Prayers and good thoughts for the surgeon's task, as well as my own healing, will be appreciated.

Prayers and cyber hugs

Edited by jstluvem