Help! What do you put in your kids stockings?

Rockfordmom

When my kids were little it was usually candy and small "Dollar Tree" toys, but now that they are all grown up they still get some candy and things like earbuds, gift cards, jewelry, makeup, nail polish and manicure items, still "Dollar Tree" items, fuzzy socks, and more - but always a joke item - laughter is so much fun! :)

• Like 1

I struggle with stockings every year, especially for the boys. Gift cards (steam, playstation, Xbox) usually end up there, but they don't take up hardly any room! Sometimes a game. This year I have a outlet plug with USB and 3 outlets. And probably also a sliderule (yep! That oughta be fun! I'll also include a book on how to use it.) I also try to get little things related to the other gifts. Like a tablet case for the new tablet, or paint brushes for the paint sets, sandpaper for the model kits, etc. Portable phone batteries, cool (or cute) charging cables.

Oh, and my youngest son is into playing cards this year, so we got him a nice set. They were $25 after shipping, so those might get wrapped!

My oldest son needs a new wallet, so that may go in the stocking too.

• Like 1

My boys are 14 and 15.  Their stocking usually include:

Giftcards - Starbucks, Itunes, Apple Music, XBOX points cards, Fast Food

A new charging cord for their phones (we seems to go through these like crazy!)

A new toothbrush

Chocolate covered pretzels

Gum

Deodorant and body spray

Pistachios

Card games

Their favorite pens and mechanical pencils for school (since they always seem to lose them and need a restock for the second half of the year)

• Like 2

I have 3 teenagers plus my son's girlfriend to do stockings for. The boys usually get little items of their favorite sports teams. Stuff like toothbrushes, pens, key chains, etc. The girls always get Christmas socks and nail polish. I also always tuck in a variety of candy and a chap stick. This year I will probably give each of them a charging cord, because as a previous poster stated, those are always needed.

• Like 1

always  socks.. to fill the toe.. 

a banana,orange,and granola bar,or snack,and a candy (they eat them while waiting for everyone to be ready to open presents)

some item that everyone is getting one of, this year it is hand held mini air conditioners

and then 2 small presents,when wrapping i often pick them and set them aside ..(small in size and price) 

• Like 1

No help on the teenagers, aside from maybe a new wallet? New phone charger/case?

2year old; bath toys (Munchkin makes a bath time fishing pole set, could take it out of the package if the packaging doesn't fit) Bathtub crayons, etc.

Small stuffed animal

Crayons

Light up bouncy ball

Stickers

Pretend cell phone (impulse buy section at Walmart checkout)

Cars

• Like 1

For Teenager and Tweens:

Boys:

Chapstick

Lotion

gloves

slipper socks

ornament

pens/color pencils

candy

flashlight

favorite snack

gum

DVD/Cds

Girls: 

Lotion

gloves

slipper socks

ornament

pens/color pencils

candy

flashlight

gum

nail polish and polish remover

make up and make up remover wipes

DVD / CDs

Toddlers:

Card games

candy

snack

ormament

spill proof cup

tooth brush

gloves

slipper socks

DVD

tub toys

Edited by berry1014
  • Like 1

For teens and older: socks, earbuds, favorite candy, chapstick, always the lifesavers gummy books, flashlights, cards

Baby/toddler: their favorite snacks like the gerber yogurt drops or gerber puffs, movie, stuffed animal, fruit, dollar tree washcloths

• Like 1

I have twin 19 year old sons and an 11 year old daughter.

Each year all of them gets a pack of sour gummy worms.  That is a tradition that I've been doing since the boys were 5 or 6.  They usually get socks and underwear, their favorite candy, and usually a gift card to either McDonald's or Burger King, gum, and maybe a favorite bag of chips or something.

My daughter has pretty much outgrown the toy stage (other than playing with Barbies).  So, I will probably get her one of the small sets of clothing for her Barbie.  We don't allow her to wear makeup out very often, but she loves to practice putting it on at home.  She got a nice eye shadow pallet for her birthday last month, so I am thinking of getting her a nice blush set to go with it (if I don't decide to wrap this).  Then, I will probably do some lip gloss and nail polish (she has always loved her nail polish..lol), some lotion, and probably a gift card or two to a fast food restaurant.

• Like 1

6 and 7yo boys here and they both play hockey.  The sports stuff is fun to add, they get:

an orange in the toe

iTunes gc

McDs gc

toothbrush/fun toothpaste

shower gel

then the sports stuff:

superhero hockey stick tape

shin tape

stick wax

skate laces in funky colors

hand deodorant

mouthguards

skate socks

maybe another lightup training puck for the driveway

maybe new toques

I'm thinking about doing drawstring backpacks instead of (or more likely, in addition to) their regular stockings.  They could use those for laundry after practice.

• Like 2

I would definitely do bath things for a 2 year old, like bathtub crayons or those little wind up toys that swim. Maybe a little candy like safety pops.

My daughter doesn't really eat candy, so she gets a silver dollar every year, plus things like Eos or ELF and maybe a tiny scented candle and a gift card to the movie theater or I Tunes. 

• Like 1