Who do you bring shopping with you?

julz0420

My husband always goes with me. Maybe it's a bit strange, but it's the one day/night of the year that we can be together just us (and a million other people) and spend some crazy fun moments together. We always stop for coffee first and then hit the lines. It sounds nuts, but we work opposite shifts and don't get much time together without the kids around so we'll take it!

I shop alone, yeah

With nobody else

I shop alone, yeah

With nobody else

You know when I bust down doors

I prefer to be by myself

One year I shopped with my sister.  We started at Kohls.  Standing at the front of the store, with all my loot bagged up, I saw her pushing a cart past.  It was still empty.  She waved that 'one minute' finger at me as she headed to the back of the store.  We still shop at the same time...in different cars.

• Like 2

My oldest son and daughter-in-law go with me...my son is 6ft. 4in. tall so he can reach into the crowd an pluck out what we are after...my DIL is small so she can squeeze into the small spaces and grab stuff....it is great fun to score all our treasures...

When I first started doing this it was at the Post Exchange store at Fort Polk, LA in 1994. I brought my then wife and our two kids. It opened at 7 am and there was about 10 people in line. After I got out of the Army in 1997, I went solo for about 5 years. In 2003 I brought my new wife for her first time. In 2008, my 17 year old daughter joined us and has been hooked since.

My best friend and I....I make a wonderful huge family Thanksgiving. We enjoy the day with the whole family. after dinner and dessert and family time I get the kids ready for bed and then I used to get a few lovely hours of sleep but now we head out after the kids are sleeping. 

One year I shopped with my sister.  We started at Kohls.  Standing at the front of the store, with all my loot bagged up, I saw her pushing a cart past.  It was still empty.  She waved that 'one minute' finger at me as she headed to the back of the store.  We still shop at the same time...in different cars.

I would kill her.

I shop with my husband. I really look forward to going shopping with him and kind of consider this "bonding" time. I would be so bored and lonely if I went without him. After we shop we come home and wrap everything and have it put under the tree and call our Christmas shopping DONE.

It's always just myself. My wife has to work on Friday so I'm the only one that can go out while she's home with the sleeping kiddos. I usually go back out with them to petsmart and other low key stores. Many times a helping hand would have been nice but likely slow me down a bit too.

Oh how the people I shop with have changed! I used to shop with a friend, but she couldn't handle the pressure of the people. My daughter has moved out of state, so this year it will be with my 16&17 year old boys. They seem to enjoy it, and are happy to help!

• 3 weeks later...

My husband goes along. I can't drive, so I need him to chauffeur me. But he also makes an effort to cut through crowds and get to things that I probably couldn't get to on my own while I go after less eventful items on the list that are less likely to have crowds.