Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

When they said they would be removing it tomorrow that could have meant that it would go to 90% off and everything that doesn't sell they will salvage. Because usually 90% off doesn't last more than a day or two tops (and usually it's cleared out in a couple of hours).

I do not put any stock in employees mentioning that they wouldn't be marking it to 90% off. First of all, most employees have no idea how it works and are just guessing. The ones that DO know could easily be throwing people off on purpose. Because they want the good deals, too, and if the store is packed with people when they mark it down, it will all be gone before they can take their breaks. I have seen enough employees filling carts with clearance items under the guise of "moving" them to know that they look forward to it, too. (And I also think that sometimes they don't change the signage on purpose so they can get what they want before the average customer realizes it's marked down). Apparently I am a conspiracy theorist when it comes to Target employees and clearance deals. But it's for good reason!

I don't think that is the case with this employee. He didn't say that it wouldn't go 90%, just that they were supposed to remove it on Sunday. He is an overnight employee though, so it is possible that that could just mean that it will go 90% on Sunday and then the overnight team will remove it. This is what he said on my DH's FB status, "perdy sure were 75% off on christmas stuff at target.. we take it out sunday.. so hurry! lol" I asked him if he knew if it would go 90%, but he hasn't replied yet.

When they said they would be removing it tomorrow that could have meant that it would go to 90% off and everything that doesn't sell they will salvage. Because usually 90% off doesn't last more than a day or two tops (and usually it's cleared out in a couple of hours).

I do not put any stock in employees mentioning that they wouldn't be marking it to 90% off. First of all, most employees have no idea how it works and are just guessing. The ones that DO know could easily be throwing people off on purpose. Because they want the good deals, too, and if the store is packed with people when they mark it down, it will all be gone before they can take their breaks. I have seen enough employees filling carts with clearance items under the guise of "moving" them to know that they look forward to it, too. (And I also think that sometimes they don't change the signage on purpose so they can get what they want before the average customer realizes it's marked down). Apparently I am a conspiracy theorist when it comes to Target employees and clearance deals. But it's for good reason!

I don't think you are a conspiracy theorist at all.... especially if you shop the Ward Pkwy store a lot... I don't shop there often. A few years ago, I practically had a throw down with a worker at that store who I THOUGHT was restocking during the 75% off holiday hoe down. (She was working in the aisle with her name tag on.) She was ready to take me on for the paper towels she had in her cart that I thought she was going to put back on the shelf-- LOL!! That is when I thought, "this is completely not worth the aggravation!" THAT particular store in my opinion has some of the very worst in employees who would definitely mislead and flat out lie to you about anything and everything. She tried to tell me that the perfectly fine paper towels were defective and she had to take them in the back. :rolleyes:

Good job to everyone who got out there and had a blast finding stuff. I am going to possibly go tomorrow for my first venture out to see if there might be some things that were missed by ya'll!! LOL

I don't think that is the case with this employee. He didn't say that it wouldn't go 90%, just that they were supposed to remove it on Sunday. He is an overnight employee though, so it is possible that that could just mean that it will go 90% on Sunday and then the overnight team will remove it. This is what he said on my DH's FB status, "perdy sure were 75% off on christmas stuff at target.. we take it out sunday.. so hurry! lol" I asked him if he knew if it would go 90%, but he hasn't replied yet.

He replied....said that they are just resetting the seasonal section Sunday night and Monday night and that he doesn't really know what will happen to the Christmas stuff other than it is for sure going to be moved.

Akron, OH went 75% off yesterday...and as of 11:30 they still had tons of stuff. Probably 5 trees or so (although, I cannot fathom buying a tree from Target. I got a beautiful 7.5 ft. FULL tree last year from Walmart for $78-not on sale!) and tons of lights, ornaments, paper, etc.

I do have some complaints though...my Targets either 1) NEVER have the paper goods, scissors, tape, etc. that you guys find or 2) I'm just never there early enough the day after Christmas to get it. Oh- and those Nick & Nora pjs..never see those either.

I am getting pumped about toys...seeing a ton ofthose at 30 and 50...but unfortunately this year funds are limited on "extras" like this so I'm definitely going to try and hold back until 75%.

Stores are already consolidating a lot of Christmas and setting the bulk stuff. Finally, Jif peanut butter 2 packs (large containers) for the same price as Smart & Final. Saves me a trip there at least once over the next couple of weeks. I suspect that any overheard conversations have to do with moving stuff to make room for the bulk items that fill in the major seasonal section (where the trees & ornaments were). A lot of stores will move everything to the mini seasonal section (where they had the stocking stuffers and gift sets) till it goes 90% then out the door as salvage. Then they'll bring in Valentines.

I just ran out to the closest store which also has the most left. They apparently found a few more small Lego sets and some other toys because they were out and hadn't been earlier. Those and a few other select items made their way to an area of the store lacking a lot of cameras and with a reasonable stash spot. Just need to hang there till morning, I am pretty sure.

I was super excited to stop at Target last night and see it marked to 75 % off. My best finds were plates and napkins not in the Christmas section but on an endcap near candles. The were ivory with a gold design around the edges. They will be perfect for my parents Golden anniversary in June. I was so happy to find these. I am planning on 150 people so the 75% off really helps. I also got those big bells to use but I think I will spray paint them gold. Some sort of gold light sets, large pillar candles, and some sort of golden butterflies that I think I can use. Great trip for me!!

Akron, OH went 75% off yesterday...and as of 11:30 they still had tons of stuff. Probably 5 trees or so (although, I cannot fathom buying a tree from Target. I got a beautiful 7.5 ft. FULL tree last year from Walmart for $78-not on sale!) and tons of lights, ornaments, paper, etc.

I do have some complaints though...my Targets either 1) NEVER have the paper goods, scissors, tape, etc. that you guys find or 2) I'm just never there early enough the day after Christmas to get it. Oh- and those Nick & Nora pjs..never see those either.

I am getting pumped about toys...seeing a ton ofthose at 30 and 50...but unfortunately this year funds are limited on "extras" like this so I'm definitely going to try and hold back until 75%.

I am in Canton and sometimes go up to Akron (went yesterday and got lights and a few other finds), but I too never find the paper goods or containers either....but I am happy with what I have found this year. However last year when everyone was finding the Scotch tape, I searched and searched and I did finally find some at the Belden store and was thrilled with that.

Keep an eye out for a new coupon booklet from Target. It's red and about 3"x4". The cover reads "Start a new year of savings" and it has $25 in Coupons inside. The coupons are for food, cleaning and personal care items. They expire 2/14/2011.

The back of the coupon booklet says "Postmaster, please deliver between 1/3/2011-1/5/2011" I received it on Thursday 12/30/2010, but forgot to post.

Just got back from our Target. Everything including food/candy was 75% off. I got a 4 pack of wrapping paper rolls for $1.50, package of bows for $1.25, and for whatever reason I felt compelled to buy a set of 12 salad plates for $3.74 (white with light gold trim)....not sure if I'll keep the salad plates since I have nothing to go with them. I might double back tomorrow to see if things are 90% off and 1 of 3 cookie jars still remains.

Just got back from our Target. Everything including food/candy was 75% off. I got a 4 pack of wrapping paper rolls for $1.50, package of bows for $1.25, and for whatever reason I felt compelled to buy a set of 12 salad plates for $3.74 (white with light gold trim)....not sure if I'll keep the salad plates since I have nothing to go with them. I might double back tomorrow to see if things are 90% off and 1 of 3 cookie jars still remains.

As a heads up, if those are the same plates I picked up last year after Christmas, they had a lidded box, they look nice however they chip very easily.

I would guess they are non microwavable too with the gold on them

Thanks for the heads up on the plates. I hate when plates chip and it never occured to me they might not be microwavable. I'm going to retun them here shortly. I really don't need 12 smaller plates that match nothing lol. Talk about impulse buy!

Why is everyone thinking so early? It's happened the 5th and 6th in previous years. Am I missing something?

Well, the last 3 years it went 75% on the 30th or 31st, but at least the earliest stores went the 29th this year, so it should be earlier at least by a day or two than previous years. Would not be shocking if it went today or tomorrow at those early stores. They do tend to leave it at 75% over the full weekend to take advantage of normal weekend traffic. Depends a bit on how badly they want it gone to move on to full price merchandise.

I have to take the kiddos to the Rose Parade float viewing this morning, so I won't get to check till later.

still 75 in Bradley,IL

Hey Neighbor :)..

I don't go to Bradley often, it seems like their mark down team is always way behind.. Maybe they've changed it, Its been a while since I've stopped in there.

Glad to know I've got a local Gottadealer :)

Stores here still at 75. The store I went to this morning had little to nothing but junk left. Did have a cute tree in a pot I wouldn't mind having but still more than I wanted to pay! Would take it at 90 though but doubt it will still be there! :( Did find some of the plastic disney plates though with a Christmasy theme and found one box of granola bars in the regular aisle. They were really good at all my local stores at finding the stuff in the regular aisles this year! Found a boxed set of Christmas Disney Cars (there were like 5 or 6 cars in the box) but they were still ringing up with the regular toys 30% off! :( bummer! Thought I was going to get a deal. Pretty much a wasted trip out this morning.

Thanks for the heads up on the plates. I hate when plates chip and it never occured to me they might not be microwavable. I'm going to retun them here shortly. I really don't need 12 smaller plates that match nothing lol. Talk about impulse buy!

Are they holiday plates? If so, return them ASAP so you get a full refund. Once they go to 90% off you will only get that amount back.