Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Omaha, NE stores were all 70% off today. Lots of stuff left. Found lots of stocking stuffers to use for birthday party gift bags.... Monster High Doll erasers, Lip Smackers, Jelly Belly bubbles, etc. And just a FYI, if you return food products to Target (if you wish to return at 50% off and buy again off the shelf at 70% off) they mark the items as defective and they will not resell it - even items that have not been opened. The items are disposed.

Sandusky Ohio- Last evening-12/30/ at 9:40 PM- Had over 50 + packages of pepperidge Farm Xmas cookies- Chocolate pretzels etc. in aisle marked - 50% off --- But when you got to check out- rang up less than 17% off - I noticed it but many people -I am sure- did not. One lady had approx. 10 packs of Cookies in her cart. Same with Pez xmas containers etc.--- I called and spoke to MGR. today-and she said - -- Food only 30% -- and decorations are now 70% as of this AM. She tried to tell me that EMPLOYEE MUST OF PUT UP WRONG SIGN( I had even asked employee who was back there about pricing before I purchased.) I then asked her if that was the case she should honor the 50% pricing. She said - No..... Target( with their awful online customer service and in store service) lost over 500. from me in the last 2 months. I was so upset with them in November that I didnt go back. Thought - give them a try again..... WRONG! Corporate just doesnt seem to care! Any suggestions!!!?? Thanks for letting me Vent!

Sandusky Ohio- Last evening-12/30/ at 9:40 PM- Had over 50 + packages of pepperidge Farm Xmas cookies- Chocolate pretzels etc. in aisle marked - 50% off --- But when you got to check out- rang up less than 17% off - I noticed it but many people -I am sure- did not. One lady had approx. 10 packs of Cookies in her cart. Same with Pez xmas containers etc.--- I called and spoke to MGR. today-and she said - -- Food only 30% -- and decorations are now 70% as of this AM. She tried to tell me that EMPLOYEE MUST OF PUT UP WRONG SIGN( I had even asked employee who was back there about pricing before I purchased.) I then asked her if that was the case she should honor the 50% pricing. She said - No..... Target( with their awful online customer service and in store service) lost over 500. from me in the last 2 months. I was so upset with them in November that I didnt go back. Thought - give them a try again..... WRONG! Corporate just doesnt seem to care! Any suggestions!!!?? Thanks for letting me Vent!

Honestly, I know it stinks that you were under the impression they were 50 off, but it really seems that the food is being marked differently than the rest. But some food gift sets did go to 70 off. It is confusing, which apparently so was the worker. I am not sure if this really warrants a call to corporate. You asked, which was acceptable, to honor the sign, they said no. Hopefully you can find more when they really get marked down.

That was similar to my Target. They had some of the Betty Crocker cookie mix boxes back in the Christmas isles with the 70% off sign. I decided to walk around the store and see what else was on clearance and when I was on the grocery side I saw an endcap with more of the cookie mixes but they were only tagged 15% off. I had my son price check the one I picked up and sure enough it was only 15% off. What is funny is the Betty Crocker cake mix and frosting was actually 70% off. What is the difference?

I was able to get several big bags of assorted tootsie roll candy for $.74 a bag. Now I'm gonna send to military overseas. I saw a article on tv last night and it got me thinking about when I see candy and misc. things on sale to send them to the troops.

I was able to get several big bags of assorted tootsie roll candy for $.74 a bag. Now I'm gonna send to military overseas. I saw a article on tv last night and it got me thinking about when I see candy and misc. things on sale to send them to the troops.

A little off topic but you can also send your expired coupons to Coups for Troops and they can use them up to six months after the expiration date.

Medina Ohio 70%. Very odd mish-mosh of stuff left. Not one roll of wrapping paper or any gift tags at all. I have a git tag addication and I usually find something, but not one tag to be found! There were some random gift bags, a few ornaments and some Christmas CDs. My most exciting find was the Phillips LED color-changing snowflakes. These are normally $7, so they were $2.10. I have 6 small windows that these will look great in.

Our Target had several aisles still left today at 70% off. I think 3 of them though were nothing but gift bags, I swear all the unsold gift bags were sent to this store, lol. They only had Justin Beiber wrapping paper left. Lots of ornaments too, plus small tabletop tree's, and paper products.

There were no decorations, lights, stockings, gift tags, boxes (other than the fancier boxes you can buy individually) left. I did much better in previous years in getting my wrapping supplies for the following year.

I am patiently waiting on our Walmart now, the entire garden department is still really full and they are only 50% still (though no wrapping paper there either).

Well, if it makes you feel better, you can return all the cookies if you bought them. They have to throw them out if you do as they can't restock the food. When they have stuff mis-stocked, you have to bring it up in the store at the checklane. In most states they are required by law to honor the price for at least one piece of each item, but the rules are hinky when it comes to percent off. The other thing to do is to find out who enforces price scanner errors in your local county and report it. You can't bring it up at the register if you intend to do so as they'll fix it and reporting won't help. But if it is a regular problem, reporting them to the authorities is the only solution to it. I've done it. And I have made sure the manager who would not honor the price change knew I did it. Now he asks me to come to him if there is a problem, and they always honor it.

It looks like you should call your county auditor's office and find out how to report inaccurate scanner prices so that you can get them caught out. In CA they have progressive fines and it gets the store manager in trouble with corporate. Here is the link: http://www.erie.iviewtaxmaps.com/

Edited by lovetoshopCA

I know this doesn't help for last night...But in the future I would check myself by bringing it to the self scanners. Target has them all over the store. Check the price there before you hit the checkouts. Like LovetoshopCA states if this is a regular occurance I would report Target. Here in California we have what is called Weights & Measures. They enforce all price scanning in all the dept stores. If you call and complain they will go out and audit the store. Stores get BIG fines if they are in violation. Weights and measures will send secret buyers out....My mother is a Manager at Rite Aid and she says if you want to get a store closed called Weights and Measures. They can fine you to near death.

The Cookies I purchased ( which were all in the same Aisle and there were at least 20+ same kind)- Scanned 2.50--- Orig. 3.09-- saved .59 cents)- Not even close to 30%-- so can you imagine how much Target made on all those unexpecting people??? Forgot to tell you when I called LD( my closest target is 25 miles away)- and asked for Mgr.- They asked me who was calling etc.- and I asked them their name and they wouldnt tell me ....I asked who the mgr was on duty at that time- and they wouldnt tell me that either.....UNTIL- I insisted I know who I was speaking to. This Target changes Policies all the time... when its convenient for them- Again thanks for listening and who Do I contact in regards to all the mispricing signs....happens on a regular basis here. The Store is in 44870 zip.

###085-06-0031 - Black and Decker 18v cordless drill/driver - $10.48

Found this yesterday. It was marked $24.98 clearance price. I scanned it and it rang up at $10.48.

Comes with drill bits, nut drivers, and screwdriver bits. This must have been a Christmas promo item as

there are other 18v ones that cost more. Now I have my own cordless screwdriver

and do not have to rely on finding my husbands'!

The Cookies I purchased ( which were all in the same Aisle and there were at least 20+ same kind)- Scanned 2.50--- Orig. 3.09-- saved .59 cents)- Not even close to 30%-- so can you imagine how much Target made on all those unexpecting people??? Forgot to tell you when I called LD( my closest target is 25 miles away)- and asked for Mgr.- They asked me who was calling etc.- and I asked them their name and they wouldnt tell me ....I asked who the mgr was on duty at t need tohat time- and they wouldnt tell me that either.....UNTIL- I insisted I know who I was speaking to. This Target changes Policies all the time... when its convenient for them- Again thanks for listening and who Do I contact in regards to all the mispricing signs....happens on a regular basis here. The Store is in 44870 zip.

You need to research who enforces scanner pricing in that county. Most places it is weights and measures, so google that and the county and state name.

Has anyone been to Target today to see if they are indeed 90% off. I thought the stores that went 70% on Friday were due to go 90% today?

Selena

I figure they'll wait till tomorrow. They often do when it falls on a weekend to allow max traffic to buy at 70%. Maximally bad timing this year since the kids are out of school, and the Rose Parade makes getting around difficult tomorrow. Messes up all my shopping plans since we have plans every day. Oh well.

In the past, it would usually stay at 50% for 4-5 days, then be at 70% (75% in the past) for 4-5 days before going to 90%. So 90% usually ended up on Jan 4 or 5. Christmas clearance seems to drag out longer than other holidays. A few posts back someone posted the dates they kept from several years past and that was the pattern. Of course, every time I think I have it figured out, it changes, so who knows what it will be like this year. I know there sure isn't much stuff at either of my stores already.

The more you shop target's holiday clearance, the more you realize that those aisles are a freaking mess during those periods. Stuff gets put where it shouldn't. They should be more careful, yes. But especially when it comes to food stuff, scanning first will save a lot of aggravation. Arguing with the checkout person may get you somewhere, but is the argument over a box of cookies really worth it? Maybe it is.

If you have shopped Target's holiday clearance times for a while, you know that items are placed where they shouldn't be. I guess if you haven't shopped those sales for very long, then it can be much more aggravating.

In the past, it would usually stay at 50% for 4-5 days, then be at 70% (75% in the past) for 4-5 days before going to 90%. So 90% usually ended up on Jan 4 or 5. Christmas clearance seems to drag out longer than other holidays. A few posts back someone posted the dates they kept from several years past and that was the pattern. Of course, every time I think I have it figured out, it changes, so who knows what it will be like this year. I know there sure isn't much stuff at either of my stores already.

Interesting. Here in SoCal there is still a ton left at all our stores. I'd be happy to have it stay 70% for a few more days so I can get in on 90% later in the week.