Christmas/Holiday Card Questions

tntsmomie

Anybody have their's yet?

I've been seeing them in the stores lately and have been debating on whether to buy them now or not. Years ago, I was really into making my own and thought about making them again this year...since the kids are both in school, I actually have time to do so.

When do you mail your cards out?

I try to send them out during the first part of December.

:holiday01

I also purchase mine at the end of the season when they are 75% off.

I address them Thanksgiving weekend and they go in the mail the first of December. Some friends and family say they know the holiday season starts when they receive my card in the mail.

I have mine made every year. I usually wait until after Thanksgiving. We put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Then I take pictures of all of the kids together in front of the Christmas tree and I use those pictures on my Christmas cards.

Yuck, this just reminded me that I am going to have to pay full price (gasp) for my cards this year as we lost most of our Christmas stuff in flooding..:( Maybe I will just do a letter on pretty Christmas paper!

I saw some nice, generic cards at Michael's for $1.00 for 8. If you don't have a lot to send out, it's an option.

I got mine last week at Ollies. They had some really nice ones at pretty good prices. I made mine a few years but I just can't see spending all the money to do it anymore. I bet I put a good $50 into making cards and I usually only made about a dozen. I just can't spend that much time and money doing it anymore knowing people trash them (except my mom!). Maybe next year! I usually try to get them out the week after Thanksgiving. I love being the person that makes everyone else go "Holy Crap! She's already done Christmas Cards!"

I send out photo cards too and usually Walgreen's has a pretty good BF deal. I try to get them out by the first week of December (since BF is later this year,it will be second week of Dec.).

Sadly,I find I send out less cards and receive less each year.

I always hang mine above the entryway from the dining room to the living room.

It brings a smile to my face to see the cards from friends and family and reminds me of the the joyful times of the season!

I too get mine on clearance lol and if i see some new ones this year that i like ill get them for family but im really picky about my cards lol so they are all really good ones lol I like to send my holiday exchange cards out the week of thanks giving that way they get there before the post office gets busy! late to me is like dec 4th or 5th thats toooo late to send ANYTHING lol if i did that i measwell just send a new years card too lol