What has been your Toys R Us experience on BF?

brinak2005

Our TRU was great! The manager even let some of the ladies in to use the restroom,he came out and answered all kinds of questions where this item was etc and told us the easiest route through the store to get to our items.Then we made it to Walmart and found some of the items we had wanted in the "go-back" carts.

We went to TRU one time on Black Friday. Trust me, it will be my last. We were not familiar with the store at all and ended up trying to get our bearings in what turned out to be a check out line. OMG, a woman let us have it. I guess she thought we were trying to skip line. I put the one game we had found back on a shelf and we got out of there. The TRU store that was closest to us was not capable of handling a Black Friday crowd at all. I think it only had 3 or 4 checkouts in it.

I work at TRU and love the holiday season. Yes, the lines are long, but aren't all stores on BF. I think our store must be different than most other stores. We have all the hot advertised toys in the center aisles, and our staff is always willing to help you find something. You better not be standing around not helping customers! I have heard people coming to our store from other TRU stores and commenting on our willingness to help. And we get people from 4 states (PA,NJ,MD & DE) coming to our store because of no sales tax (Newark, DE). Electronics dept. could be better, but because of theft there is not much we can do. Best bet is to go with a buddy and have them stand in line with a cart while you shop. I have done this in other stores and really do not mind it. Most people are nice and they are in the same boat you are in. I think you can say bad things about every store on BF. I never go to Best Buy (why bother, unless you are there 2 days before camping out, you are not going to get the doorbuster deals.

I have a TRU/BRU combo store near me. I've shopped there the past two years and loved it.

I get in line around 12am-2am doors open and I'm in and out within 30 minutes. I then go ahead and hit the other stores (walmart).

I've been very lucky. The location I shop at has been very organized. Even when they had items that weren't marked as being on sale even when their circular said that they WERE on sale - they didn't make it difficult. They looked at my ads and said "ok, adjust the price" and I was on my way.

What helps me though is that I am also very organized. I know exactly what I'm getting when I go in there, I scope it out a few days before BF and get the lay of the land, and then I don't pause to look at anything else.

I work at TRU and love the holiday season. Yes, the lines are long, but aren't all stores on BF. I think our store must be different than most other stores. We have all the hot advertised toys in the center aisles, and our staff is always willing to help you find something. You better not be standing around not helping customers! I have heard people coming to our store from other TRU stores and commenting on our willingness to help. And we get people from 4 states (PA,NJ,MD & DE) coming to our store because of no sales tax (Newark, DE). Electronics dept. could be better, but because of theft there is not much we can do. Best bet is to go with a buddy and have them stand in line with a cart while you shop. I have done this in other stores and really do not mind it. Most people are nice and they are in the same boat you are in. I think you can say bad things about every store on BF. I never go to Best Buy (why bother, unless you are there 2 days before camping out, you are not going to get the doorbuster deals.

If you are referring to the TRUS in Christiana DE. It is a very nice store and we shop there ALL the time. But the one time I went there on BF the check out lines were wrapped around to the back of the store.

If you are referring to the TRUS in Christiana DE. It is a very nice store and we shop there ALL the time. But the one time I went there on BF the check out lines were wrapped around to the back of the store.

Yes, that one, and yes the lines are VERY long on BF, but isn't every store? I went to Kohls and the line was wrapped around to the back of the store also. Lets face it, when the line is wrapped around the store/building to get into it, what do you think it is going to be inside?

Yes, that one, and yes the lines are VERY long on BF, but isn't every store? I went to Kohls and the line was wrapped around to the back of the store also. Lets face it, when the line is wrapped around the store/building to get into it, what do you think it is going to be inside?

But some stores like Best Buy and Kohls have a better system for handling their long lines than other stores.

I live in Wilmington, DE and I would never step foot in our TRU on BF. Dont get me wrong, the store is great and all, but the wait in line is too long. I spent less time in Walmart's line and we all know how Walmart is on BF.

I wonder how Christiana Mall will be this year with all the renvations and things almost done. There's a grand re-opening tentatively scheduled for November.

I live in Wilmington, DE and I would never step foot in our TRU on BF. Dont get me wrong, the store is great and all, but the wait in line is too long. I spent less time in Walmart's line and we all know how Walmart is on BF.

I wonder how Christiana Mall will be this year with all the renvations and things almost done. There's a grand re-opening tentatively scheduled for November.

I heard that TRU is supposed to have a satellite store at Christiana Mall this year for Christmas

The prices are usually too high for my liking. If i know my DD wants something I try to buy it early so I don;t have to go stand in lline for hours at TRU

i disagree...yeah sure you can go to walmart on BF and get toys for $5 but you can go to TRU on BF and get the same thing for the same price and better toys are on sale there too and very cheap! I still have toys that i got from TRU on BF years ago but all the cheapo toys i got from walmart always break and they aren't that exciting either!

Year before last I walked into TRU shortly after they opened, found the 2 things I wanted and walked right back out when I saw well over 100 people in line.

Last year I actually waited it out in line since it was my last stop of the morning and all I was getting was cases of diapers.

I have been doing black friday for the last 9 years and I would def say don't choose Walmart over TRU I have done both on diffrent years and have seen that honestly Walmart has the better deals around. The best deals I have found at TRU were believe it or not the weeks leading up to Black friday and even after. Sign up for their mailing list you can emails with their specials.

I'll agree with JLEGZ883. The days "of Christmas" with TRU are way better than the BF sales!!

I am a sucker though and will go back again if they do $10 cases of diapers :P

Whatever happened with the "12 Days of Christmas" specials? I asked about them last year in this site, but I dont think they did it. Im on the mailing/email list, too. I even sign up again around October/November to make sure I dont miss anything.

I did receive an email that they were hiring and for me to fill out an app. I would work there, but I know BF is a must for them, so.... I'll pass on that job. Does anyone know what their employee discount is?

I went to TRU a couple years ago and it was a madhouse, but I understand why. Where I live, it's easily an hour to an hour and a half to another TRU, so it's the only option we've got! DS is 4 this year and I'm sure he's going to have a list as long as my arm, so I will probably be price matching or doing TRU online this year. Hope they offer free shipping!

Stacy

I did receive an email that they were hiring and for me to fill out an app. I would work there, but I know BF is a must for them, so.... I'll pass on that job. Does anyone know what their employee discount is?

Their discount is 10% except on systems (no discount). Yes BF is a must, but I get around that by working at night and the store is nice and quiet by then. If you're thinking of working at the Christiana store, go ahead, the people and managers are really nice.

well if you get all your ads and plan out everything with a buddy or by yourself of what you want and know where its at you can hit at least 3 stores and get everything on your list

thats what i do i usually start with walmart and my sisters and i think we broke records we were in and out with everything we wanted in 5 min 45 sec got everything we wanted but we split the work go in different directions and what were there to get we then went to toysrus and there we were out in 35 min because of the lines one of us stays in line while the rest of us get the stuff and there too we got everything we wanted to get after that we went to best buy and we got most of what we wanted to get but the line there was long we were in line for about 1 hour and a half but all in all we tackled 3 stores and got just everything on our lists except a couple of things at best buy we did this 2 years ago last year i was sick of all days to be sick and didnt go no where that was the first year in 10 years that i missed my black friday this year im going to try to do it solo since my sisters moved out of town and well see if my sister in law wants to go but i know this year its going to be so different i dont think ill get everything i want but i will surely try

I have had 2 completely different experiences.

One year in NY I was not sure what time they opened, and only wanted the drum set. I had hit Wal-Mart and headed to TRU- I walked in...got the drum set and left. I was the only customer in there. I don't know if they randomly opened early or what. There was no line, no nothing.

Last year in FL, I waited in line forever. It was wrapped up and down aisles and around the store. I wanted the skate ramp and left without it that day but had gotten a couple good finds. The next day I called to see if more ramps came in- after talking to multiple people and getting different answers it turned out the ramps were left on the truck the previous day and no one knew. It was a doorbuster, but they gave me the price on it the next day because of their mistake.