What are you waiting for BF to get a deal on?

Brad

@ babymains,

You are replacing a TV you got only four years ago on Black Friday?

I'm curious if it's broken already (or maybe you just want an upgrade), and if it's broken does that make you question the quality of "one time buy special model" electronics that Wal-Mart and other stores sell?

My own experience with the "special purchases" has been mixed, and I even returned an unopened ($988?) Vizio 42" TV to Wal-Mart in 2006 when I found no other store was carrying that exact model.

DS 15: IPod Touch 16 GB

IPod Touch leather case/black (per request lol)

X-Box 360 games and 13 month xbox live card (got a great deal on amazon last year so hopefully it will be back.

DD 9: Pink case for her IPod (she said she wants a cute pink one lol)

DS games

If my spouse's streak of unemployment in 2009 isn't resolved soon, it will be a very, very disappointing BF for me, the shopper - and a huge disappointment for our children when they look for wrapped gifts underneath the tree.

I know, I know: we can "find the true meaning" of the holidays, give certificates to each other for "a free room cleaning" or "taking out the trash" but, face it, everyone is materialistic to some degree! Isn't that why we are at this site?

This year has been awful. On my salary and the unemployment benefit, we can just barely cover our pared-down expenses. I don't know what happens when winter natural gas and utility bills arrive. I can't feed four people a healthy diet with variety on much less than $60/week. We aren't over-extended, we don't have credit card debt (have always paid those off in full each month), we don't live in a mansion, eat out weekly or live extravagantly...yet we do not qualify for so much as reduced-priced lunch for the children at school.

I was hopeful the economy would improve but I haven't experience it yet. Very disappointing.

I would like to see a Blu-Ray player for around $69. I would probably pay $99 for one if it was Netflix capable. Also hoping for a cheap laptop deal like we have seen years past (not last year!) at BB - maybe a sub $200 this year??

I hear ya on the Netflix capable player. There is a Samsung one out there that I see on sale nearly every week. It is about $250.00 right now. My girlfriend keeps demanding that we get the Netflix player cause she has an account with them. So I am hoping this one does go on sale for BF.

If my spouse's streak of unemployment in 2009 isn't resolved soon, it will be a very, very disappointing BF for me, the shopper - and a huge disappointment for our children when they look for wrapped gifts underneath the tree.

I know, I know: we can "find the true meaning" of the holidays, give certificates to each other for "a free room cleaning" or "taking out the trash" but, face it, everyone is materialistic to some degree! Isn't that why we are at this site?

This year has been awful. On my salary and the unemployment benefit, we can just barely cover our pared-down expenses. I don't know what happens when winter natural gas and utility bills arrive. I can't feed four people a healthy diet with variety on much less than $60/week. We aren't over-extended, we don't have credit card debt (have always paid those off in full each month), we don't live in a mansion, eat out weekly or live extravagantly...yet we do not qualify for so much as reduced-priced lunch for the children at school.

I was hopeful the economy would improve but I haven't experience it yet. Very disappointing.

so sorry to hear that- In the same boat , lets hope both our situations improve in time for the Holidays!

As a twin mommy myself, I know how great it is! Congrats! And start stocking up on diapers now. lol

Thanks!! I have gotten some good deals on clothes so far at Kohls and by the time BF comes, I should know what they are, so I can get more gender related items. But I hear you on the diapers!!!

Now with that said, we are going to be looking for a cheap 19" or so TV for my son and a DVD player to go with it. I am hoping someone will have a good one for cheap!!

I would like to see a Blu-Ray player for around $69. I would probably pay $99 for one if it was Netflix capable. Also hoping for a cheap laptop deal like we have seen years past (not last year!) at BB - maybe a sub $200 this year??

I would jump on a netflixable player, BR or not, for less than $100. I am not currently running HDTV, so BR isnt a factor. but I do love my netflix,and tire of hooking the lappy up to the tv. BR would just be a nice early upgrade.

ah, the good old days of actual good deals on BF lappys. nobody can argue that last year had anemic deals at best. I really have no clue as to what it will be like this year. I am decent on my current lappy, but would love a netbook that is OSX capable. I currently run OSX on my vostro, but would love a smaller about the house type of thing.

I hear ya on the Netflix capable player. There is a Samsung one out there that I see on sale nearly every week. It is about $250.00 right now. My girlfriend keeps demanding that we get the Netflix player cause she has an account with them. So I am hoping this one does go on sale for BF.

We got ours on BF last year at Circuit City- I want to say it was $179, but I am not positive? The salesman there always hooked us up too, and when we got it he gave us the special "sample" Blu-Ray pack with three movies to go with it, so that was really nice

Ok another revision for mine lol. I am going to be on the hunt for a CHEAP blu-ray player for my bedroom, a DVR (not one you have to subscribe to or put a cable card in becuase I have just basic cable so im not even sure they make what im thinking of) and a 19-20 inch monitor so I can give mom my 22 that i am not very of right now. OF course this will pry all change again and again and again before black friday comes because I will also have to factor in what I dont get for my birthday the week before and still want desperately.