pool pump

I set up my pool and got my son into it yesterday to unplug and set up the filter/pump, and it is not working =( I can find replacement pumps online, but would rather just go and get one and get it set up now. Has anyone seen them anywhere? I was thinking maybe Walmart, but I really hate the one near me so thought I would check around.

Are there any pool instalation or supply stores in your area? That may be your best bet.

You might try Wal-Mart's online store just to see if they carry them at all...

What about Home Depot or Lowes?

well, I ended up braving my local Wally-World, along with Toys R Us and Target, and Walmart was the only place that had one, and they only had 1, so I bought it! It was expensive though, $70, but it has the little part that does the chlorine tablet dispenser built in so that is cool. I did get a clearance pool vacuum thing and a skimmer too while I was there, they had a lot of clearance stuff like that if anyone is looking =)

Be careful, a pump nthat cheap won't do a good job cleaning. Our sears pool pump and filter systerm was over 300.00 and our pool was dirty until we bought a 2 horsepower Laser sand filter. SOver 500.00, but we have a clean pool now. It uses 200 pounds of silica sand instead of the 100 pounds the old filter used.

Well, if you just have the small pools from Walmart those $70 filters do just fine, as long as you keep your chems in check. Folks around here give them away on FREECYCLE.org all the time. So you may want to post a wanted add to get a "spare" . I gave our whole pool away when we moved, ust so I wouldn't have to be the one to take it down and clean the mess. Just a thought!