Buy.com Valentine's Blowout!!!

Guest JustMeDiana

WOW... I have purchased from them 7 times without any problems at all..... Knowing the return policy is good though so everyone will know to check their items when they arrive rather than waiting around and losing out.

No experience with rebates from them though.

Guest JustMeDiana
Wow!!! I have ordered from Buy.com several times NEVER had any problems at all..... I have always been pleased with the merchandise I have received.... Sorry just a few of you have had problems.....

There return policy is horrible too! Won't be buying from them again. Last I heard they are based somewhere in Brooklyn, makes you think..hah..

Made the mistake of ordering from them twice in the past. 1st was a laptop wireless mouse and it came all scratched up and was a REFURB. I guess it said it on their website, but must have been in VERY small letters cause I surely didn't noticed when ordering (So make sure to look for that before buying.)

This Christmas ordered a CD/DVD storage box. Came all broken. Looks like this thing was returned a bunch of times and they just send it out that way. Of course being it Christmas and all we haven't noticed until a bit later and by then they refused to take back (they have 7 or 14 days return policy, even during Holidays!!)

I have had nothing but good experiences with Buy.com over the years

Also, what does being in Brooklyn have to do with anything? Is a warehouse out in the middle of the boondocks run by a bunch of country bumpkins supposed to be more reliable?

Guest JustMeDiana

Wow arelf27 do you have to bash Buy.com because you are not happy with them.... then bash other members as well..... please keep on topic :gdbacktopic:

There return policy is horrible too! Won't be buying from them again. Last I heard they are based somewhere in Brooklyn, makes you think..hah..

Made the mistake of ordering from them twice in the past. 1st was a laptop wireless mouse and it came all scratched up and was a REFURB. I guess it said it on their website, but must have been in VERY small letters cause I surely didn't noticed when ordering (So make sure to look for that before buying.)

This Christmas ordered a CD/DVD storage box. Came all broken. Looks like this thing was returned a bunch of times and they just send it out that way. Of course being it Christmas and all we haven't noticed until a bit later and by then they refused to take back (they have 7 or 14 days return policy, even during Holidays!!)

Another problem with Buy.com they don't really have any customer support..I mean there literally is no phone # anywhere on their site to call and talk to someone. All you can do is write an e-mail. They do answer back but not having an option to talk to a human being is weird enough in my book. I mean it's great if you get the merchandise and don't have any problems with it but if you do, you're pretty much stuck with it and don't expect anyone to go to any length to accomodate you. That kind of business to me is just not worth dealing with.

I ordered the Acer laptop, can not wait to get it. I love Buy.com and have found so many great deals on there with no problems at all.

**Newegg often has FANTASTIC deals on these! We have bought two from them during this past year and were more than happy with everything! They have excellent customer service too, so no brainer for my family..

I have had nothing but good experiences with Buy.com over the years

Also, what does being in Brooklyn have to do with anything? Is a warehouse out in the middle of the boondocks run by a bunch of country bumpkins supposed to be more reliable?

**You have to be a foreigner or from Brooklyn to understand..

Another problem with Buy.com they don't really have any customer support..I mean there literally is no phone # anywhere on their site to call and talk to someone. All you can do is write an e-mail. They do answer back but not having an option to talk to a human being is weird enough in my book. I mean it's great if you get the merchandise and don't have any problems with it but if you do, you're pretty much stuck with it and don't expect anyone to go to any length to accomodate you. That kind of business to me is just not worth dealing with.

I realize we want to stick to the point in the tread but I just wanted to post on here that there IS a phone number buy.com... 1-800-800-0800 and they are accomodating... if you had a bad experience that stinks.. but sheesh... move on!!!

had some really great deals!!! thanks OP

Wow arelf27 do you have to bash Buy.com because you are not happy with them.... then bash other members as well..... please keep on topic :gdbacktopic:

Thanks, that was very thoughtful of you!! Nice to meet you by the way!

I'll make sure to never post another comment in one of your threads again..

I realize we want to stick to the point in the tread but I just wanted to post on here that there IS a phone number buy.com... 1-800-800-0800 and they are accomodating... if you had a bad experience that stinks.. but sheesh... move on!!!

Wow.. of all the hundreds of people who are always learking and snatching good deals without ever bothering to provide any input, advice, answer a question or post a deal, why don't you sheesh one person who's constantly out there trying to offer help.. In your own words - that stinks. Won't happen again..

Edited by arelf27

Guest JustMeDiana

You are welcome.. :yup:

I have bought so much from them..small and large items. I have always gotten my rebates and they are the best with exchanges on a defected item. When I got my monitor I had a problem, I called them someone worked with me for quite some time and finally said we are sending you a new one. When you recieve it send the other one back and they even paid for all the shipping..Great customer service if you ask me!!!

DH buys from them. He's pretty picky about who he buys online from. Can't say one way or another about rebates because we try to stay away from "rebate offers". I kind of think that if they can offer the price with a mail in then they should just offer that price period - someone will sooner or later! Sorry to all with bad experiences we've all been there with one company or another!

I only ordered from them once I ordered the digital frame that was $22 for a Xmas gift never got it and they refused a refund or replacement saying it wasn't their responsibility once it left the warehouse so I had to spend another $40 for a frame for my mom. I just don't like that policy and it seems shady to me but congrats to those that have gotten awesome deals. I'm weary about ordering from them again.