Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Did anyone else find any Halloween Barbies this year? I happened on one yesterday and it did scan 75% off. Remember last year when they had so many of those Halloween Barbies and they didn't clearance them with the Halloween stuff, but instead put a red sticker on them and drug them out until Christmas? I wasn't really familiar with a lot of the Halloween 'stuff' this year, and didn't start even looking at it until it went to 75% off. So I didn't pay attention to whether there were a lot of Halloween Barbies on the shelves prior to the clearance or not. I just found one laying on a shelf that must have been returned.

Candy 75% off. Loaded up on giant Pixie sticks (40 count per box) 1.74 and these don't have any Halloween motif, so good to go for parties. Also, every time I've checked out this month, I've gotten a coupon for $1 off M&Ms and the bags are now .74 as well as Milky Ways, Snickers, Hersheys, etc. No Halloween on any of these, so I will have saved a small fortune on the teacher holiday goodie bags this year. Also found really great hand towels with the faces of the monsters on them (silly ones, not scary and check in the regular towel/linens isle), transformers erasers, crayons, the little monsters that came 2 per tube, paper plates, napkins, softsoap, GI Joe ninja accessories, Star Wars light sabers and neat light up witch. Won't be able to get out tomorrow, so I'm happy with the 75%, but sure I will be suffering from withdrawl at 8am. Good luck to everyone hunting for the 90% score!

Did anyone else find any Halloween Barbies this year? I happened on one yesterday and it did scan 75% off. Remember last year when they had so many of those Halloween Barbies and they didn't clearance them with the Halloween stuff, but instead put a red sticker on them and drug them out until Christmas? I wasn't really familiar with a lot of the Halloween 'stuff' this year, and didn't start even looking at it until it went to 75% off. So I didn't pay attention to whether there were a lot of Halloween Barbies on the shelves prior to the clearance or not. I just found one laying on a shelf that must have been returned.

I collect Barbie so was disappointed last yr when she didn't go on clearance, was surprised when I scanned her this year and she was. Bought all 5 they had

Our candy was 75% today. I loaded up for parties at work, stockings, etc. There were several people there buying it. I bet there won't be anything but candy corn (there was tons of it) left by tonight. I also used the candy coupons and saved 4.00. I now have a plastic tub full of candy. :gdlicklips:

Thanks you guys so much! I got 6 wii games today and used 3 of the $10 coupons....got the GI Joe raven plane that was marked down to $29.99 for grandson and a GI Joe costume at 75% off to go with it....A great shopping day.....also got the red riding hood costume and ordered the book to go with it...total cost on that?? $10....Thanx again....

Candy was gone at my closest Target, replaced by Christmas candy. Luckily I found some "stragglers" amongst the regular candy aisle and they scanned 75% off. So for those of you looking, keep an eye out for "oddballs" with fall or Halloween stuff on the baggies, and bags that don't match up with what the tag on the shelf says. And like some previous posters have said, many of the candies only have Halloween decor on the bags, the actual candy is identical to the full priced bagged candy, so great for stocking stuffers/gift bags.

...By the way, there were some coupons on the Snickers candy for .50 off 1 making it 24 cents.

I saw these but they expired 10/31/09 so didn't use them. Are you telling me I coulda had the candy I bought for practically free? :eyepoppin Does Target take expired coupons? Dang... I thought I would be "ripping them off" by even trying... :mad:

I saw these but they expired 10/31/09 so didn't use them. Are you telling me I coulda had the candy I bought for practically free? :eyepoppin Does Target take expired coupons? Dang... I thought I would be "ripping them off" by even trying... :mad:

I was told at two different Targets in Lincoln, Nebraska that they do take expired coupons. So got a ton of candy with the expired mqs and the tqs. HTH.

Well, on a whim went to a different Target. Woot!Woot! Got a ton of snack size M&M's, twizzlers, and Milk Duds @ 75% off - something like .74 a bag. They are not Halloween colored so will be perfect for parties, stocking stuffers, or whatever.

Also got a couple of costumes for dress up play - also 75% off. May go back in the morning to see if they hit 90% off. Cant beat that for play stuff. Regular dress up outfits are twenty buck or more. If I do go back I'll be looking for girly stuff for DD and GI Joe type stuff for my nephews!

They still didn't have the marked down PSP, so I went ahead and bought two that were 19xx each for BIL. With the $10 off 2 thats still a pretty good deal and he will enjoy them.

I've scored a ton of stuff for cheap thanks to this one thread!! THANK YOU gottadeal veterans!!!

I was told at two different Targets in Lincoln, Nebraska that they do take expired coupons. So got a ton of candy with the expired mqs and the tqs. HTH.

I have been told several times that if a coupon scans, Target takes it. I guess that includes expired ones too. Who knows though...it may totally depend on the cashier.

I hit up Target for the Wii games.

MySims Racing - $39.99

Cabela's Hunting game (can't remember exact one) - $39.99

Backyard Football - $29.99

B2G1 + $10 off coupon....$74.XX tax and all! Not too shabby for $110 worth of games!

(where's the kroger thread I got some AWESOME deals there too LOL)

Candy 75% off. Loaded up on giant Pixie sticks (40 count per box) 1.74 and these don't have any Halloween motif, so good to go for parties. Also, every time I've checked out this month, I've gotten a coupon for $1 off M&Ms and the bags are now .74 as well as Milky Ways, Snickers, Hersheys, etc. No Halloween on any of these, so I will have saved a small fortune on the teacher holiday goodie bags this year. Also found really great hand towels with the faces of the monsters on them (silly ones, not scary and check in the regular towel/linens isle), transformers erasers, crayons, the little monsters that came 2 per tube, paper plates, napkins, softsoap, GI Joe ninja accessories, Star Wars light sabers and neat light up witch. Won't be able to get out tomorrow, so I'm happy with the 75%, but sure I will be suffering from withdrawl at 8am. Good luck to everyone hunting for the 90% score!

What light sabers were on clearance? We have three, one is totally broken, and my youngest ds is just DYING to get the double one like his favorite Darth Maul uses...

OK, you got me hooked now! I'm heading to Target tomorrow morning! I'm crossing my fingers for the TomTom Gps, but our local ad has it for $150.xx down from 199. But I'm going to have them scan one to be sure, since others have got them for 49.xx this week. Gonna browse the Halloween section (if there's anything left), and pick up some xbox 360 games. Will post any great deals I find!

First post here. Just found your website yesterday -anyone here from No VA?

Anywho - saved $46 on two Tag Jr and two Tag Jr books.

Also saved $89.98 on 6 Wii games.

Thank you for all the tips! I am learning.

So it's my turn to share. One item I did find last week on clearance was a girls room area rug (Circo Color Block Rug - 48x70")

marked down to $5x.xx from $79.99. I had actually seen it online the night before but decided to go to 'my' store to see if anything there was marked down. And lo and behold I find the same one. It even still shows as $79.99 on the website but my store had 2 of them marked down in the end-cap.... NIB no defects.

Now I feel bad about buying those costumes at 75% on Wednesday! I was there at 7pm tonight, and I think that I'm the only sucker that didn't hold out for 90%. There were still 2 full aisles left!

But I did get a cart-load of candy Wednesday, and that is all gone now. All they had left was some pumpkin-shaped candy corn things. I can hardly believe that it all sold in a couple days.

What light sabers were on clearance? We have three, one is totally broken, and my youngest ds is just DYING to get the double one like his favorite Darth Maul uses...

###240114860 Lightsaber was 7.99 now 1.99 (these were part of the accessories for the Halloween costumes, got the Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker)

Didn't see any double red lightsabers like the one Darth Maul uses, but if they have two of the red ones, you could get some pvc and put two of the singles together. My son went as Darth Maul for Halloween 4 or 5 years ago, and this worked out pretty good. Hubby painted the pvc black and I painted his face, put small horns on his forehead, dressed him in black pants, black shirt, black pull over tunic, black boots and he looked wicked cool. Also one of the cheapest costumes we've ever done and he won a costume contest! Good Luck . . . I miss those days!

Glenbrook still had signs 75% off but everything except bagged candy scanned at 90%.

I had a cashier from CS come over to finish checking me out about half-way thru my order,and her phone rang. It was someone wanting to know what percentage off Halloween was and she told them 75%. After she hung up,I told her that most everything was ringing up 90% off (she was surprised). So,even if you call CS and they tell you one thing,it's not necessarily true!

Hehe,I saved $279.34! :eyepoppin

and spent $46xx

Now I can rest lol!