Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Went to two stores in KC (my son is feeling better) and sadly, they were both still 30-50% off and employees at both told me that markdowns were not happening today b/c they were too busy resetting the area (and they were...toys EVERYWHERE). They guessed tomorrow.

Picnic was 90% off...and all but gone. I got one of those ice crusher things for $1.29 and a couple of placemats for $.19.

The KC stores were Ward Pkwy mall and Mission, FYI.

Toys were still 30-50 at my store. I hope they don't mark them down later today, that will make me so sad!!!! I plan to be there before they open tomorrow morning to get what I need. I need a FP cash register, a pink shake n go car, and a helmet hero for sure, but I'm sure I'll find more. Does anyone know if the picnic sand n water table went to 75 or is it with the summer stuff? What about radio flyer wagons?

I did score 5prs of 75% off girls shoes! She was also marking tons of women's shoes down to 75% off. Also, our summer picnic was 90% off, but still marked 75.

I got.....

2 kids sunglasses .29 ea

Chair condiment set 1.29

Reusable Ice Cubes .29

Large Tumbler .17

2 Beverage tubs 1.89ea

4pk Mason Jar glasses .99

3 pks snack plates .19 ea

2 Lg Pinwheels .49 ea

Jug of Bubbles .49

Cosmic Jump Rope .69

Yellow plastic cutlery .34

My store still had 2 endcaps full of stuff, but it was mostly pinwheels, placemats, tablecloths, water guns, cups and candles.

I flew out of the house like a crazy person,but no 75% :( They were re-setting and had moved almost all of the clearance to 2 isles. I had asked the "reds" if they were marking down toys again this week and they had said they were not that they had already done it this week,but I don't believe them :) probably will check back later...Northern CA

Mainly saying this so I can remember next year. I was told that they would be resetting next week and then it would be sometime after that. The clerk said they really don't know when it happens until they get to work that morning and they say go mark down. So I am thinkin I still have two weeks to wait but will be checking.

I also scored on some picnic stuff thanks to some great GD giving info!!

YES!!!!! ;) What kind of Fisher Price stuff are you looking for?? I got the Fisher Orice Geo Tracks sets for 755 off today & they had some pink shake & something cars that drive by themself once you shake them. Didnt see a whole lot of Fisher Price stuff but there was stuff in the after Christmas clearence.

Cool...nice find, I am looking for the laugh and learn phone, activity table....actually anything suitable for their age...they're 16mths old. Did you happen to see anything like that 75%off?

Mainly saying this so I can remember next year. I was told that they would be resetting next week and then it would be sometime after that. The clerk said they really don't know when it happens until they get to work that morning and they say go mark down. So I am thinkin I still have two weeks to wait but will be checking.

I also scored on some picnic stuff thanks to some great GD giving info!!

Don't believe it. You really want to check tomorrow. She doesn't know what she is talking about with regard to them resetting first. They always do the mark down before they actually do the reset or simultaneous with it. The reason being that they need the space to put out the new product. They can't leave an aisle or two of clearance and be able to get the new stuff on the floor. and they don't want it taking up space in the back. you really want to check tomorrow and at least next week if they don't do it tomorrow. they often skip 50% entirely.

Don't believe it. You really want to check tomorrow. She doesn't know what she is talking about with regard to them resetting first. They always do the mark down before they actually do the reset or simultaneous with it. The reason being that they need the space to put out the new product. They can't leave an aisle or two of clearance and be able to get the new stuff on the floor. and they don't want it taking up space in the back. you really want to check tomorrow and at least next week if they don't do it tomorrow. they often skip 50% entirely.

Ok thanks!! THis is the first year I have been doing this. Got there right as they came out for the after Christmas toys. I figure I would end up going every wed and thurs until it happens. Now explaining all the gas to hubby may be a problem!:)

Cool...nice find, I am looking for the laugh and learn phone, activity table....actually anything suitable for their age...they're 16mths old. Did you happen to see anything like that 75%off?

Nothing like that this time :(. They did have stuff like that in the after Christmas clearance.

Ok thanks!! THis is the first year I have been doing this. Got there right as they came out for the after Christmas toys. I figure I would end up going every wed and thurs until it happens. Now explaining all the gas to hubby may be a problem!:)

LOL, thats what cashback at the grocery store is for, you get an extra $20 everytime you go grocery shopping, in no time at all you have a little stash to spend in Targhet & on gas :D:D:D:D:D:smart:

No 75% off yet here either. Did find a MM and it rang up 2.99 :( Figure it took me forever to find them. Finally found them last month and stocked up @ .69. Bummer now they are 2.99

There were some toddler toys on clearance. I know that there were Parents and Circo brand toddler toys and there were other red stickers in the toddler toy aisle. I didn't look too closely because my kids are a bit beyond that stage, but I remember seeing a musical? flower pot and a toy camera with a mirror on the front. I am sure there is more.

They started marking toys to 75% this morning! She didn't get too far, only a couple aisles. When I saw what she was up to I began filling my cart. I wondered around a bit to give her some time to finish, but when I came back to the toy dept she was gone.:(

I did manage to score 4 Didj games for 7.49 each - $5Qs = 2.49 each! There were only 3 different ones there yesterday, but another appeared for me today. Titles were Nancy Drew, Spongebob, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Super Chicks. I also found a pair of sparkly silver girls shoes for 3.74 (pink was still 50%) and Huggies Pull-Ups 54-68 count 16.08 (30%) - $2Q. Headed back tommorrow for more!

They started marking toys to 75% this morning! She didn't get too far, only a couple aisles. When I saw what she was up to I began filling my cart. I wondered around a bit to give her some time to finish, but when I came back to the toy dept she was gone.:(

I did manage to score 4 Didj games for 7.49 each - $5Qs = 2.49 each! There were only 3 different ones there yesterday, but another appeared for me today. Titles were Nancy Drew, Spongebob, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Super Chicks. I also found a pair of sparkly silver girls shoes for 3.74 (pink was still 50%) and Huggies Pull-Ups 54-68 count 16.08 (30%) - $2Q. Headed back tommorrow for more!

What $5Q's are you talking about?

There were some toddler toys on clearance. I know that there were Parents and Circo brand toddler toys and there were other red stickers in the toddler toy aisle. I didn't look too closely because my kids are a bit beyond that stage, but I remember seeing a musical? flower pot and a toy camera with a mirror on the front. I am sure there is more.

At my store they had the parents camera, a wooden bowling set, that same musical flower pot and a few others. Most of it was parents brand but there wasn't much for little ones. Also some diego, thomas the tank, and little einsteins on sale.

Seems like some Targets may be running things a little differently. My Target that was so slllloooowww to markdown a few months ago at the last Toy clearance went from 30% off to 75% off within 3 days!! I totally got caught by surprise but I was happy to snag some things I had my eye on -like the DJ Lance hat for $4.xx !!!

Just got back from stacking a cart fairly full of stuff I want and moving it to another department then covering it with stuff from that department. Doesn't always work, but doesn't hurt to try. Moved a few things into the newly re-set aisles too, hoping they'll miss all but the ones I left for them to scan. Now, if the overnight team isn't too diligent, it should help me get a few of the things I want tomorrow.

OHH NO!!! She probably just went on break! They typically take break around 8 or 8:30 am and are gone for about 20 minutes! I hope you didn't miss everything.