Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

LOVE - LOVE my Roomba. Got it a few month back from woot.com. It is iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum with Lighthouse Technology for $150 + $5 S/H = $155. (I believe when I researched back then it was $250 everywhere else.) This is the model they sell at BJ's and other wholesale clubs and some TV stations. This is the 1st model that has all the newest technology including lighthouse and better cleaning like already mentioned. I think the only thing it's missing over the newest model is scheduling cleaning..

We have hardwood, tile, lenolium and carpeted upstairs and it cleans everywhere beautifully. I only used the regular vacuum on the stairs and the area rug in the living room (it gets stuck under our weird leather/wooden coaches so I don't let it go there until we figure how to lift them a bit higher) for the last couple of months. I even find that I dust less since when the floors are clean the whole house feels cleaner for longer..

I think I bought the Roomba back in Feb and they were just selling them again at the end of May so I would check there often. From what I understand they put a new product at midnight every night then wait for all to get sold.

I've got the same one... and I love mine as well. I live in a one level ranch house with hardwood and tile only, so I don't have to worry about stairs. I do have to put my dog out in the yard though when the Roomba is out. She's convinced it's another animal and she must attack...:D

LOVE - LOVE my Roomba. Got it a few month back from woot.com. It is iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum with Lighthouse Technology for $150 + $5 S/H = $155. (I believe when I researched back then it was $250 everywhere else.) This is the model they sell at BJ's and other wholesale clubs and some TV stations. This is the 1st model that has all the newest technology including lighthouse and better cleaning like already mentioned. I think the only thing it's missing over the newest model is scheduling cleaning..

We have hardwood, tile, lenolium and carpeted upstairs and it cleans everywhere beautifully. I only used the regular vacuum on the stairs and the area rug in the living room (it gets stuck under our weird leather/wooden coaches so I don't let it go there until we figure how to lift them a bit higher) for the last couple of months. I even find that I dust less since when the floors are clean the whole house feels cleaner for longer..

I think I bought the Roomba back in Feb and they were just selling them again at the end of May so I would check there often. From what I understand they put a new product at midnight every night then wait for all to get sold.

Yep, that falls into the newer models. The one on clearance is a 400 series, and not at all the same. Hubby wanted scheduled cleaning so it would be done during the day, and he loves it. The 400 series had a lot of problems, though.

Rayovac batteries (which is what I always use anyway), 9V & C both $2.48 for the mulitpacks that were marked down. Great price, and after buying them, take them out to the parking lot, open them and take out the yellow front cardboard thingy that says Rayovac because the back side is a $1 off coupon. Take the receipt and coupon back in to apply to the sale, and get them for $1.48 per pack.

I got mine from woot.com at the same time and also have become a HUGE fan! I was leary at first, but it's worth every penny!

Roomba customer service is amazing, as well. My Roomba tangled with a guitar string in my son's room and got stuck in reverse. I called customer service and had the most pleasant experience I've had in a long time. Not only did she patiently walk me through the process of using a screwdriver to disassemble it and laugh with me when we discovered the problem, but she also stayed on the line to ensure I reassembled it correctly AND sent me new replacement wheels and a new debris-collection bin even though what we did fixed the problem.

The "proud of myself" sound the Roomba makes when it's done and returns to its dock makes me smile every time.

I found 5-packs of auro gold toe girl socks for 1.87. They have $1 off coupon in them, so I took the coupon back inside (thanks lovetoshopCA) and only paid $.87 for 5 pairs of socks. I also found a bunch of toddler leggings from 50-75% (1.74 to 2.48) and t-shirts with matching boys boxer briefs (Cars charachters) for 1.74.

I found 5-packs of auro gold toe girl socks for 1.87. They have $1 off coupon in them, so I took the coupon back inside (thanks lovetoshopCA) and only paid $.87 for 5 pairs of socks. I also found a bunch of toddler leggings from 50-75% (1.74 to 2.48) and t-shirts with matching boys boxer briefs (Cars charachters) for 1.74.

Did you happen to see if the boys' auro socks are on clearance, as well? They're my son's all-time favorite socks.

I was at the Mission Greatland today looking for some silly toy that my DD8 wanted to buy with her birthday money... anyway, I noticed 2 Leapster 2s in the regular aisle with red stickers on them (Star Trek or Star Wars, I think). The stickers were taken down to 1/2 price, but based on the discussions about them on this forum, maybe they were cheaper?? Anyway, I didn't have any interest in them and didn't have time to scan them, but if someone in this area has been following them at this store, just thought I'd let you know that there are 2 of them in the regular Leapster aisle.

Woo Hoo:D:D Boise Target on Milwaukee found TVs for the kids. I got mine the dvd ones, as space is a premium. There was one more with the dvd player. Oddly the sticker said 60% off. the previous sticker was 21%??????

### 008090119 Trutech 19" HDTV $74.94

###008091345 Trutech 19" hdtv w/ dvd player $110.64

good for you!~ i found one at my store but it was still 39.98 today... :no:

I've been to 7 or 8 different stores (as far as Baldwin Park and Glendora) and all have had plenty of Leapsters (minus Diamond Bar store which REMOVED THEM COMPLETELY!!) but for $39.99 still!!

argh!

I've been to 7 or 8 different stores (as far as Baldwin Park and Glendora) and all have had plenty of Leapsters (minus Diamond Bar store which REMOVED THEM COMPLETELY!!) but for $39.99 still!!

argh!

If you were in the DFW area, I would share one with you. I have an extra that I'm contemplating returning. If anyone in North DFW wants it, PM me.

I was in the store in Greenwood In and they had nothing good on clearance. Leapsters reg price, sponge bob players reg price and everything else mentioned only 15% off. I never ever find any good deals at this store!!!!!

I was in the store in Greenwood In and they had nothing good on clearance. Leapsters reg price, sponge bob players reg price and everything else mentioned only 15% off. I never ever find any good deals at this store!!!!!

My store is also like this.. they keep everything 15% for a long time.

I went to a Target 30 minutes away from home in Gilroy since I was in that area, and lo and behold they had 3 MM. I was so happy, it was the first time I had seen them. I couldn't have been more elated or excited had I discovered a leprechaun!

My local target never has these. After years, I finally found one! YEAH.

This target also had 13 Leapsters for 19.98, although they were still labeled at 39.99.

I bought five of them. I have been stalking this for over a month and so frustrated that the price never dropped in my local target.

Plus, I got a whole bunch of great deals.

12 pack of AAA Rayovacs - 1.62.

Value pack of GE 60W soft bulbs - 8 bulbs for .88.

4 bars of method bar soaps - 3.74. (regularly 7.99)

All in all - a great trip.

Of course, now that I finally got the Leapster, the price at the local target dropped to 19.98 on Thursday. Go figure!

I wish it was easy to get someone to buy one and send it to me :(

All but two stores (within 35 mile radius!) sold out of all Leapsters and I bet they'll be sold out by the time I get to look tomorrow :gdcry:

Anyone local let me know how much to ship? zip 91761

couldn't hurt to ask...

Leapsters were 75% off at my store today too. There were tons left (over 10 of them). Too bad my sons are too young for them...otherwise I would have bought two.

You could store them till they got older my 3yr old has 1 he plays all the time

I was wondering, on the bulk stuff, do they only mark it down once a week or is it a hit or miss thing? Our store marked the stuff down Monday or Tuesday, so will it not get marked down again till next week or do they mark it down on a diff schedule! WOuld think I should know this by now, but I can't recall and can't find anything on it? (mainly I'm watching diapers)

Is anyone else frustrated with the bulk items. My Target has them at 15-30 off and they never seem to drop any. Has the bulk items in your Targets gone lower? Do they go lower?

They should eventually go lower. The thing I've found about the bulk items is that people who tend to use coupons snatch that stuff up earlier because with a coupon, 30% off can still be a pretty good deal especially if you NEED something. I have found some good deals in the past when things went to 50% off, but Target seems a bit less likely to have as much stock as they might have in past years... or for whatever reasons they don't seem to mark down as quickly anymore IMO.

My local store's bulk items rarely go past 15-30. I have found very few, and I mean like a shelf of items at 50 but never lower.

I believe it depends on the area. Some bulk gets moved back in with regular, some sells at 15-30 and the little left is marked down to 50.

I was wondering, on the bulk stuff, do they only mark it down once a week or is it a hit or miss thing? Our store marked the stuff down Monday or Tuesday, so will it not get marked down again till next week or do they mark it down on a diff schedule! WOuld think I should know this by now, but I can't recall and can't find anything on it? (mainly I'm watching diapers)

They mark down every other week, and with bulk stuff it often sells out before it gets very low.

The diapers usually sell out by 30% off and if you find a RARE 50% box, it is usually the big sizes (5 or 6).

You could store them till they got older my 3yr old has 1 he plays all the time

Ok. So now I'm thinking I should go back and buy at least one for my older son. It says its for kids 4+ years. Do you think that a young 3 year old will understand how to play with one? I would prefer not to just buy a toy and hold on to it over a year -- I've got enough stuff in my house already! :P The games for it seem pretty expensive (at least $20). Is it really worth it to buy one, considering you need to keep buying games for it?

Ok. So now I'm thinking I should go back and buy at least one for my older son. It says its for kids 4+ years. Do you think that a young 3 year old will understand how to play with one? I would prefer not to just buy a toy and hold on to it over a year -- I've got enough stuff in my house already! :P The games for it seem pretty expensive (at least $20). Is it really worth it to buy one, considering you need to keep buying games for it?

you can often buy the games cheaper on ebay, new or used. They also always go on sale close to Christmas.