Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I got to do some family reunion shopping and picked up a few good buys.

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Card Game - Travel Edition $1.24

Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss $3.14 (14.99)

2009 Weekly/Monthly Date Book $6.24 (24.99)

Roller Coaster PSP Game $4.99 (19.99)

What a great name! I've never seen that brand (Sexy Mother Pucker?) before. It must be pretty high end... and hopefully good... for an original price of $14.99.

What a great name! I've never seen that brand (Sexy Mother Pucker?) before. It must be pretty high end... and hopefully good... for an original price of $14.99.

It is from the Soap & Glory brand. Never tried this item but I bought all the clearance body wash and lotion I could find at mine because it smells so good.

Btw, went back today and got 4 more of the Playtex, all $3.24 and 2 more GC. Also used $1 manu and got three of the clearance Tag Sprays for DH.

Leapsters are $55.98 at my closest Target:(:mad::shock::eek::eyepoppin

But I did manage to get 2 mm yesterday :)

I did my first perimeter perusing today while I was waiting on the dogs at the groomer.

I looked today at mine and that's how much the Leapster was too....

Also my target had MM packages but I didn't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. These had a price tag of 1.89 for a pack of 6 (I think) I guess I could have taken it over to a scanner but I was being lazy... :)

I got a 10 pk of C batteries for 4.98 Rayovac and The Bic Soleil Bella razors were on clearance for 4.34 (I think) and I had gotten a $3 off coupon from BzzAgent so I only paid 1.34 for them.

The Red Dragon Humidifer was on clearance too but I didn't check on the price b/c I just bought the pig one online..

For those whose Leapsters are still at $55.98, I'd expect to see them go straight to 75% off next week. But that is just my speculation.

If anyone else is looking at the Rayovac batteries, there is a coupon on the back side of the front label, $1 off, so buy one, open, buy next w/coupon, etc....

For those whose Leapsters are still at $55.98, I'd expect to see them go straight to 75% off next week. But that is just my speculation.

If anyone else is looking at the Rayovac batteries, there is a coupon on the back side of the front label, $1 off, so buy one, open, buy next w/coupon, etc....

What day do you think they will mark them down?

Still $40 this morning, I had to check again, just in case. And yes, it seems like they have a ton of them! Obviously they aren't selling at $40. But if they mark them down to $20 I bet they will start to disappear. Their logic escapes me.

Got one! We spent the weekend in STL and I hit two Targets while I was there. The Chesterfield store is still 39.98, but the Brentwood store was remodeling and I struck gold there. They had a few of the Leapsters left at 19.98 (WOO HOO!!)-I started to grab one for you, but didn't know if you'd found one yet or not. Sorry!! They also had a pile of Wii games left (and actually still had decent titles) and had already marked their bulk stuff down to 50%.

I can't figure why they haven't marked the Leapsters down at ours-it seems every time we're in there they have put more out if anything else. I know they will be gone by the end of the day though as soon as they go 75%. I'm hoping to snag another one though because with two boys I think I was crazy only buying one at that price.

Most of the clearance video games got marked 75% off today. Many skipped 50% and went straight down. Variety of games & platforms.

Batteries, sadly, did not drop.

Thanks for the heads up. I was finally able to get the Guitar Hero Aerosmith for Wii at 75% off!:) Now just waiting for the Star Wars Leapsters to drop. (They are still 55.98 here):(

Leapster games were on sale at my Target for $19.99. With my $4.00 manufacturers coupon I got a game for $15.99.

I also had a $5.00 didj game coupon and I found the didj racing game on clearance for $14.98. So got the game for $9.98. It was the last one at that price at my store and no other games were clearanced out from what I could see.

I found the XBOX 360 Scene It Box Office Smash Hit game today. It was 19.99 (50% off) I thought about waiting to buy it, but I figured it'll probably go 75% off the week we're at the beach. I guess I can always return it later.

That is a fun game and even our parents (who don't play video games) enjoy it.

I live in Silicon Valley and I called several of my local Targets, but they all have the Star Wars Leapster at either $55 or $39.

I am hoping that these drop really soon and I am able to snag one!

I called my local Target and they told me that the pricing information is updated in the computer every midnight and then the pricing people get a printout of all the changes and go about re-labeling all the items in the morning and are usually done by 12:30 p.m. The best thing to do is to call every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning (he says Toys are usually done one one of these days) with the DPCI number, since having someone check the floor won't help if the pricing people didn't re-label the item.

He told me that the pricing is controlled by headquarters, which is why some stores drop their prices earlier than others but he's heard that the East Coast and less populated areas drop their prices up to a month faster than West Coast and metro/populated areas.

Does anyone know from experience how soon after the East Coast/less populated areas drops their prices do people see price changes in the West Coast/more populated areas?

Thanks. I am so happy I discovered this GD forum. (he he, that's funny)

I found the XBOX 360 Scene It Box Office Smash Hit game today. It was 19.99 (50% off) I thought about waiting to buy it, but I figured it'll probably go 75% off the week we're at the beach. I guess I can always return it later.

We have that game and it's really fun.

I live in Silicon Valley and I called several of my local Targets, but they all have the Star Wars Leapster at either $55 or $39.

I am hoping that these drop really soon and I am able to snag one!

I called my local Target and they told me that the pricing information is updated in the computer every midnight and then the pricing people get a printout of all the changes and go about re-labeling all the items in the morning and are usually done by 12:30 p.m. The best thing to do is to call every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning (he says Toys are usually done one one of these days) with the DPCI number, since having someone check the floor won't help if the pricing people didn't re-label the item.

He told me that the pricing is controlled by headquarters, which is why some stores drop their prices earlier than others but he's heard that the East Coast and less populated areas drop their prices up to a month faster than West Coast and metro/populated areas.

Does anyone know from experience how soon after the East Coast/less populated areas drops their prices do people see price changes in the West Coast/more populated areas?

Thanks. I am so happy I discovered this GD forum. (he he, that's funny)

You should read the first post in the discussion to get the basics, but what he told you is somewhat accurate. The mark downs are done by department on particular days of the week. Most markdowns are done at roughly the same time nationwide. Occasionally an item will lag here or there, like this Leapster, based on other issues.

Every weekday, corporate sends out price changes to the price change team (they are the ones with the red stickers), and they go around mark down those items. They have no control over the timing, and no one else can do the price changes.

There are some variations in the price change schedule, but it usually is that smaller stores will mark down some items earlier than large stores because the item is not selling that well and they need the shelf space for something else. This is most noticeable in areas like toys closer to Christmas. Hope that helps.

The StarWars Leapsters were cleaned out at the DFW-Allen store by the time I got there (9am)! I had seen 6 pieces there before. I am so sad! :(

ETA: Found the one good piece left at the Richardson Square mall Target at lunch!! Yay!! There was one more piece there, but it looked like someone had taken it all out, torn part of the box, then put the stuff back and taped it all up! Didn't want to risk buying it only to find out it doesn't work! Couldn't believe Target would take such returns. It was in such a bad shape!

Edited by frizz

Haven't been to Target in quite awhile, but went today for Wet Ones. ANYWAY, they had a lot of bulk items 1/2 price... it even appeared that some stickers went straight from 15% to 50%. Not everything was marked that low; some was still 15% and some 30%, but here is a list of what I saw at 1/2 price:

Viva Paper Towels

Bounty Paper Towels

Kleenex-- multi packs and singles

Cottonelle moist wipes

Toilet Paper (Angel Soft?? and Charmin, I believe) Oh and Cottonelle.

Biz Laundry Soap

Quite a few cleaning supplies

... all I can really remember. Much of it was also dispersed through the regular aisles as well as up toward the front where the bulk items are.

Got a couple Minute Maids. I so rarely have the clerk say anything about it during checkout, but today she happened to notice the price and commented "ohhh how cheap!" "Wonder why they are so cheap..."

I just said, "I dunno, but I have kids outta school, and they get thirsty, so that's all that matters to me!"--We both giggled and that was the end of that. Certainly don't need anymore eyes watching out for those juice boxes than there have already gotten to be.

two different targets yesterday...(Diamond Bar and Mira Loma, CA) and both still $39.99 for Leapsters :(

needed other items so perused around with my kids..

got 4 MP juice packs @ $0.59/ea. :D

### Hulk for Wii - $12.49 (was $49.99) 75% off ------didn't buy but thought I'd mention this

### Iron Man for Wii - $12.49 (was $49.99) 75% off

### Nexcare Tattoo Bandages - $1.37 (was $2.99)

### 7 Day Pillbox - $3.xx (was $14.99)

not bad, but I'm really looking for that leapster!!

Haven't been to Target in quite awhile, but went today for Wet Ones. ANYWAY, they had a lot of bulk items 1/2 price... it even appeared that some stickers went straight from 15% to 50%. Not everything was marked that low; some was still 15% and some 30%, but here is a list of what I saw at 1/2 price:

Did you see the bulk diapers any cheaper than 15%

The StarWars Leapsters were cleaned out at the DFW-Allen store by the time I got there (9am)! I had seen 6 pieces there before. I am so sad! :(

ETA: Found the one good piece left at the Richardson Square mall Target at lunch!! Yay!! There was one more piece there, but it looked like someone had taken it all out, torn part of the box, then put the stuff back and taped it all up! Didn't want to risk buying it only to find out it doesn't work! Couldn't believe Target would take such returns. It was in such a bad shape!

ARGH!!! I went yesterday and they were still $39.99. I went Today after seeing your post and all 8 were GONE! :gdcensored: The shelf was wiped clean! Associate said they took them this morning. :rant:

They never even made it to 75% and there were lots! :curse: I hope my other stores don't do this and I'm able to grab at least one. :splat:

ARGH!!! I went yesterday and they were still $39.99. I went Today after seeing your post and all 8 were GONE! :gdcensored: The shelf was wiped clean! Associate said they took them this morning. :rant:

They never even made it to 75% and there were lots! :curse:

:eyepoppin Wonder if my store did that too! I was so bummed this morning when I saw the clean space with the clearance tag instead of the leapsters!

I really hope you are able to find one in some other store.

Oh no, do you mean to say stores remove items before they hit 75% off?

That seems unfair though.

My local target has 7 (4 in the toy section with the regular leapster and 3 in the electronics endcap section) and I need to buy two and that is why I was waiting, but I wonder if I should buy one at $39. Even $39 is a great deal considering a single game is $24 and the system is $45 on amazon.

Best day at Target for me in a while. Tons of cleaning supplies at 75% off, brooms, mops, buckets, scrubbing tools, paper plates, paper towels, TP, ziplocs, etc. I totally stocked up. Now my grounded son will have plenty to do!!!

two different targets yesterday...(Diamond Bar and Mira Loma, CA) and both still $39.99 for Leapsters :(

needed other items so perused around with my kids..

got 4 MP juice packs @ $0.59/ea. :D

### Hulk for Wii - $12.49 (was $49.99) 75% off ------didn't buy but thought I'd mention this

### Iron Man for Wii - $12.49 (was $49.99) 75% off

### Nexcare Tattoo Bandages - $1.37 (was $2.99)

### 7 Day Pillbox - $3.xx (was $14.99)

not bad, but I'm really looking for that leapster!!

Thanks for mentioning the wii games! My kids would love those. Now if only I can just find them somewhere:cool:

###Reynolds Recycled foil - $1.88 (there's a $1 coupon floating around)

###Kleenex single packs - $.75 (there's a $.50 off 3 coupon out there - printable & newspaper)