Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I just have to share about an experience that I had at my Target. My daughter received a size 3 month dress from my SIL for Easter. I wanted to even exchange it for a 6 month size and did not have a gift receipt. They told me it would cost me 2.48 to exchange it because it had been on sale in the last 90 days. I couldn't beleive it! I have never been to a store that wouldn't even exchange for the same exact dress just a different size! I called corporate and they agreed with the store. It just blows my mind so now I have a dress that my daughter is too big for. UUGGHH!

Kmart is the same way. I just wanted to return something for a different size that I didn't have the receipt for and they said no. They would only let me exchange it for the exact same thing. A different size would be a different barcode, so they refused me.

Since it's a family member, maybe she will do the exchange for you. Even if she doesn't have the receipt any longer, they can still do a receipt lookup with her credit card.

http://www.leapfrog.com/etc/medialib/leapfrog/leapster2.Par.0743.Image.350.jpg

(disregard the free shipping..picture just so you can see what it looks like)

My store has this for $39.99 right now. Pretty good if you have a working $10 off Leapster coupon. ( I don't think there are current ones out right now)

Thats a great deal considering the game alone is $ 24.99.

### Disney Mix Max 19.99 (75%).

### HSM clip 3.xx for Mix Max (75%)

Does anyone know if these are any good? We bought it for daughter to watch things on planes and maybe when we are out to dinner.

I've still seen a lot of these around. They've been ticketed at 75% off in some stores for quite some time now and they are still hanging there. Sometimes that tells me a lot about just how good (or not) something is. We don't have any for our girls though, so maybe someone else can speak to it better than I can. Did you check Amazon? I always like to read reviews out there when I buy something I'm not sure of. Many times, I end up returning stuff after I read about it even if I did get it for a good deal. :(

Does anyone know if these are any good? We bought it for daughter to watch things on planes and maybe when we are out to dinner.

They certainly are worth it for $19.99. The picture is pretty clear and the max clips are full movies so I think it will accomplish what you are trying to do. The screen is very small so the smaller kids get frustrated (we had one of these for my 4 year old grandkids and it was hard to get them to watch it) They also play music and you can download music and photos to it. You can find music and movie clips on ebay. Personally I think you got a good buy. congrats!

I think they Hannah Montana ones aren't selling because she has sort of run the course and is losing popularity. Most of the toys related to her are going to go away next year too.

Anyway, these are pretty cool, and since clips of movies are somewhat hard to come by, previous buyers on the board have bought this software to convert their dvds to SD clips for use on the Mix Max. They have reported it works well.

http://www.pocketdvdwizard.com/mixmax.html

I didn't get a lot of specifics today because I was just browsing but here are some things I saw:

###Bare Escentuals Get Started Eye Kit (30% off)

###Bare Escentuals Beyond the Basics kit (30% off)

###Shoe organizer with 15 compartments (50% off)

Also saw:

DVD player for the car with 2 separate monitors - 50% off

tons of video games from 15-50% off (Abba Singstar, Petz Crazy Monkeys, EnerG Gym Stars)

lots of makeup on first markdown

7" digital picture frame - 50% off (almost caved and bought this one)

Gotta tell you what happened with a travel swing that I got on clearance a couple of months ago...I saw on here that the FP Rainforest travel swing was on clearance, so I went to 4 Targets in the Harrisburg and York areas (about 45 minutes from me), spent all day, but found one 50% off...well, this morning, I find some water damage in the storage area that our baby stuff is in...no biggie, I'll just take it out of the box and wash it (my baby is due in 2 months, so I haven't had to use it yet)...so, I open up the box, and what's in there? A KOLCRAFT BOUNCER, not even a swing! Someone took out the swing, and glued the box back shut with Elmer's glue, which is very visible on the inside of the box! Now I need to try to get Target to take it back, and believe my story! UNREAL what dishonest people there are out there, and it makes me sick...now I have no travel swing, and here I thought I'd gotten a great deal when I found it! I'm so mad!!

Gotta tell you what happened with a travel swing that I got on clearance a couple of months ago...I saw on here that the FP Rainforest travel swing was on clearance, so I went to 4 Targets in the Harrisburg and York areas (about 45 minutes from me), spent all day, but found one 50% off...well, this morning, I find some water damage in the storage area that our baby stuff is in...no biggie, I'll just take it out of the box and wash it (my baby is due in 2 months, so I haven't had to use it yet)...so, I open up the box, and what's in there? A KOLCRAFT BOUNCER, not even a swing! Someone took out the swing, and glued the box back shut with Elmer's glue, which is very visible on the inside of the box! Now I need to try to get Target to take it back, and believe my story! UNREAL what dishonest people there are out there, and it makes me sick...now I have no travel swing, and here I thought I'd gotten a great deal when I found it! I'm so mad!!

This happened to me twice while I was pregnant last year. Once with a crib sound machine (someone took the new one and replaced it with a very worn out, broken old one) and then once with a baby carrier/back pack (took the new one and replaced it with a cheaper carrier --when I opened the box it smelled like fabric softener, so at least the person washed the used carrier before returning it!) Both times I opened the box after about a week of buying them so I still had the receipts. I called the manager and told her what I was returning so I wasn't given a hard time--and I was glad I did because both times the employee didn't want to return it for me. I have learned my lesson now and I always open everything the same day I buy it.

Good luck. I don't think you'll have much success, but I feel for you. I bought one of the large Lego sets on clearance in August for my son for Christmas, only to find out the hard way that someone had taken out about half the bags and replaced them with junk to keep the weight right and returned it. ugh!

Good luck. I don't think you'll have much success, but I feel for you. I bought one of the large Lego sets on clearance in August for my son for Christmas, only to find out the hard way that someone had taken out about half the bags and replaced them with junk to keep the weight right and returned it. ugh!

Holy wow, that blows my mind. I haven't ever had that happen before. What a horrible thing to do! :eek:

Holy wow, that blows my mind. I haven't ever had that happen before. What a horrible thing to do! :eek:

Yeah, I know what you mean. It never occurred to me either! Now I try to always remember to check them out.

that is awful..i cant imagine how upset it would be. It really makes me realize why stores like target have to have such nasty return policys in the first place. Not saying that wouldve had any effect on this situation, but its astounding how many dishonest people make a mint defrauding companies with returns. I would probably call the corporate office anyway, see what they say-if they cant accept the return i would want them to know. I wonder if there is any way to find out the info on the person who returned it, via barcode or store returns data. I know they do keep information in the system for a certain amount of time (like if you want to do a reciept lookup they can do that, i wonder if they have the capability to track returns...) who knows.

This happened to us once when we bought a jumbo inflatable Little Tikes bouncer. Got it on clearance at Kmart in October. Opened it in March and was horrified to find a used muddy slip in slide/swimming pool. Called the store because I still had my receipt. Talked to the manager. I had to settle for an in store credit because of it being over 90days. The box had been completely sealed and did not appear to have been repackaged in any way. It really is shocking what some people will do.

Does anybody have any extra Leapster2 coupons that they are not going to use? I found a couple of those Star Wars Packs, but would really like to purchase w/ a coupon. Please PM me if you do. TIA! I have some $5 off Didj game, Leapster game, and Tag book coupons if anybody wants to trade.

Does anybody have any extra Leapster2 coupons that they are not going to use? I found a couple of those Star Wars Packs, but would really like to purchase w/ a coupon. Please PM me if you do. TIA! I have some $5 off Didj game, Leapster game, and Tag book coupons if anybody wants to trade.

You might try ebay.

I picked up a Duracell Rechargeable value charger with 4 batteries for $4.98

DCPI 057 06 0154

Regularly $18.49

It charges both AA & AAA

I also saw alot of shampoo's on clearance:

Head & Shoulders

Aussie

several other brands all in the regular isle.

that is awful..i cant imagine how upset it would be. It really makes me realize why stores like target have to have such nasty return policys in the first place. Not saying that wouldve had any effect on this situation, but its astounding how many dishonest people make a mint defrauding companies with returns. I would probably call the corporate office anyway, see what they say-if they cant accept the return i would want them to know. I wonder if there is any way to find out the info on the person who returned it, via barcode or store returns data. I know they do keep information in the system for a certain amount of time (like if you want to do a reciept lookup they can do that, i wonder if they have the capability to track returns...) who knows.

After seeing lovetoshopCA's reply, I said oh no, I'm calling a manager now, because that's total BS...so I called and spoke to a very nice manager and explained the situation, and he told me he'd be there tonight, but would leave a note with my name on it at GS so they would be sure to honor the return...the girl at GS said they usually check out the returns pretty well, but as this person went so far as to glue the box shut, they probably never thought anything of it...my next step was to call corporate, if I got flack from the manager, but I didn't...and I'd hate to take my business elsewhere, but that's what I'd feel the need to do if I got further screwed by them not taking it back...I couldn't find the receipt, but luckily I always use cards when I shop there, so it wasn't an issue with receipt lookup...

I wondered if there was a way for them to track who returned it, too, but probably not...just makes me sick that people do that, but judging from the other posts since my original post, it's all too common, apparently...lesson learned, and from now on, I'll be checking my boxes out in the parking lot before I leave! Guess it's a good thing we had the water issue, or I probably wouldn't have opened that box until June, just before the baby is due, and I wouldn't have had any recourse at that point, since it would've been past the 90 days!

Now I have to hope I can find another "good deal," on another swing before June! :mad: We have a big one, but could really use a travel one, too!

After seeing lovetoshopCA's reply, I said oh no, I'm calling a manager now, because that's total BS...so I called and spoke to a very nice manager and explained the situation, and he told me he'd be there tonight, but would leave a note with my name on it at GS so they would be sure to honor the return...the girl at GS said they usually check out the returns pretty well, but as this person went so far as to glue the box shut, they probably never thought anything of it...my next step was to call corporate, if I got flack from the manager, but I didn't...and I'd hate to take my business elsewhere, but that's what I'd feel the need to do if I got further screwed by them not taking it back...I couldn't find the receipt, but luckily I always use cards when I shop there, so it wasn't an issue with receipt lookup...

I wondered if there was a way for them to track who returned it, too, but probably not...just makes me sick that people do that, but judging from the other posts since my original post, it's all too common, apparently...lesson learned, and from now on, I'll be checking my boxes out in the parking lot before I leave! Guess it's a good thing we had the water issue, or I probably wouldn't have opened that box until June, just before the baby is due, and I wouldn't have had any recourse at that point, since it would've been past the 90 days!

Now I have to hope I can find another "good deal," on another swing before June! :mad: We have a big one, but could really use a travel one, too!

Wow..imagine giving something like that as a gift!!! Now that would be worse! Especially if you don't have a super close relationship with that person and they don't feel comfortable enough to bring that up and/or think you were the one to switch that stuff..

Scarry thing is though..that wouldn't even have to be a clearance item, right? Just something that someone returned and you happened to buy? (or is there a reason why this happens with clearance items?)

Wow..imagine giving something like that as a gift!!! Now that would be worse! Especially if you don't have a super close relationship with that person and they don't feel comfortable enough to bring that up and/or think you were the one to switch that stuff..

Scarry thing is though..that wouldn't even have to be a clearance item, right? Just something that someone returned and you happened to buy? (or is there a reason why this happens with clearance items?)

I thought the same thing, because who would open that up if they were giving it as a gift? And I don't know that it was even on clearance when the other person bought it...suppose it could've been, but this was the only store that had it at 50% off at the time...everyone else (around here anyway), still had it at 75% off...so it could be something that happens with any item, not necessarily clearance...it really sucks that there are people who can be so dishonest...

Yup. Last year, I read in a Target employees forum that an employee got fired and arrested because she (allegedly) failed to check the box of a flat screen TV that was returned. It was a box full of bricks. Don't know the whole story as to whether the employee was actually in on it, or not, but that was what Target thought. They had her arrested. They are supposed to open the box and check it if it has clearly been opened, but maybe not if it looks sealed.

Last year I was at Walmart in the toy aisle, and I saw these Star Wars 3 pack sets and some 2 pack comic book sets that had been returned with cheap little military action figures in them. They were done quite neatly, but it was obvious someone had taken the figures and just returned the packaging with junk in them. Of course the employees who accepted the returns were clueless. I mentioned it a couple of weeks later to a collector friend. He told me that he had been to Walmart before me and had taken a cart full of these things up to their returns area to show them. Then he found the same thing at TRU. Well, he knew the TRU manager, so he found out that TRU had gotten hit twice and tracked the receipt with the credit card number, and got the guy's name. They kept the security footage of his returns, then set up a sting to catch him at it next time, and he was arrested and prosecuted. He was selling the figures loose on ebay.

Last year I was at Walmart in the toy aisle, and I saw these Star Wars 3 pack sets and some 2 pack comic book sets that had been returned with cheap little military action figures in them. They were done quite neatly, but it was obvious someone had taken the figures and just returned the packaging with junk in them. Of course the employees who accepted the returns were clueless. I mentioned it a couple of weeks later to a collector friend. He told me that he had been to Walmart before me and had taken a cart full of these things up to their returns area to show them. Then he found the same thing at TRU. Well, he knew the TRU manager, so he found out that TRU had gotten hit twice and tracked the receipt with the credit card number, and got the guy's name. They kept the security footage of his returns, then set up a sting to catch him at it next time, and he was arrested and prosecuted. He was selling the figures loose on ebay.

I'm glad SOMEBODY'S smart enough to start doing something about these jerks!

Yup. Last year, I read in a Target employees forum that an employee got fired and arrested because she (allegedly) failed to check the box of a flat screen TV that was returned. It was a box full of bricks. Don't know the whole story as to whether the employee was actually in on it, or not, but that was what Target thought. They had her arrested. They are supposed to open the box and check it if it has clearly been opened, but maybe not if it looks sealed.

I collect Barbies and there have been many stories on the doll boards about Barbies being switched like this too. In fact, some of the collectors have pointed it out and the employees have just shrugged their shoulders and said what do you want us to do about it.....well, first of all pull the box, it has the wrong item in it???? I guess it makes you want to open the box as you are leaving just to make sure. There have been stories pop up every once in awhile about people opening Ipod boxes and finding boxes of pasta etc. The theives are good, resealing it so it looks like it was never opened.

WOW! I never even thought things like that happened! Guess from now on I'll be opening everything! I always stockpile toys and big things I get on clearance and never even considered the things I'm buying might not be in the boxes! What an aweful feeling......:eyepoppin

stacya- I'm glad you got a nice manager who took back your return. I would never even think people would do something like that but it just goes to show you what scumbags some people are. Like many of you I buy toys at the xmas and summer toy clearances and use them throughout the year for bday parties and the like. I'll remember this and start checking my packages better.

The Summer Patch plates/bowls/cups are 75% at my store. They are the cow, dino, birdy and monkey themes. Cups and plates were 98 cents and bowls wee 74 cents. There were also some dino thermoses fo 2.24.

I collect Barbies and there have been many stories on the doll boards about Barbies being switched like this too. In fact, some of the collectors have pointed it out and the employees have just shrugged their shoulders and said what do you want us to do about it.....well, first of all pull the box, it has the wrong item in it???? I guess it makes you want to open the box as you are leaving just to make sure. There have been stories pop up every once in awhile about people opening Ipod boxes and finding boxes of pasta etc. The theives are good, resealing it so it looks like it was never opened.

I thought I was the only one this had happened to... I purchased a video game brand spankin' new from walmart several years ago when I was a teen (earning minimum wage ($4.75 at the time!! ) and working lots of hours just to have spare money to buy a $60 game is a lot back then) and I got home, opened the shrink wrapped game that had been taken out of its security plastic at the store only to find a little bag of dirt in a ziploc bag! The thief just put weight in the box and had a shrink wrap machine (plastic bag heated with a blow dryer) to make it seem like it was never open!

I paid cash when I bought it and the cashier would not return it. I was furious. I asked to speak to the manager and he only agreed to exchange it for me if I gave him MY I.D. and promised not to buy games there again. WHAT?!?! I told him he was Da*# right i wasn't going to buy any games there again! They didn't take the time to check a return the right way and singled me out to look like the criminal! He denied that he was stereotyping me, a teenage hispanic with money, to be a criminal. I worked 40 hours a week in high school and had a decent truck that I bought with saved money in a non-ghetto part of town. Yep. I'm a gangsta! :gdcensored:

I found this thread during the January toy clearance and have been hooked ever since. I guess electronics and automotive were the last 2 Departments to be clearanced out. Does anyone know what is typically next? I was hoping that adult bikes would be on clearance. I saw posts about them on sale in other parts of the country, but I'm in NJ and they have been full price.

I found this thread during the January toy clearance and have been hooked ever since. I guess electronics and automotive were the last 2 Departments to be clearanced out. Does anyone know what is typically next? I was hoping that adult bikes would be on clearance. I saw posts about them on sale in other parts of the country, but I'm in NJ and they have been full price.

I'm in NJ too and adult bikes already clearanced- maybe 2 months ago???? They reset the whole bike area. Sorry.

About returns...I once bought a Dirt Devil Vacuum and when I opened the box, I noticed that it had been tampered with. There were things all out of place, but I decided to try and plug it in and keep it.

When I plugged it in, it didn't work. I purposely packed it up without putting things back into the plastic bags and didn't seal the box back up. I told the customer service rep. that I didn't pack it up neatly simply because when it is packed back up, they throw it back on the floor.

I didn't want someone to end up buying the same vacuum just to have to come back because it didn't work!