Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

So are everyone's kids still enjoying toys from the winter clearance sale? We just busted out one of the parachutes yesterday and my kiddies loved it!

I am, however, finding some of the items to be a bit disappointing. I'm wondering if that's why they were clearanced. I've noticed that some of the things I've purchased now have Newer/updated versions of the same product. Maybe it's the improved version?

The Black and Decker scissors have been a disappointment. In the instructions, it says that it will easily cut through those heavy plastic toy containers (like the wrap that it came in) but it doesn't even come close! The thing keeps getting stuck in the plastic! I've tried multiple times with different kinds of plastic and they just stick and stop moving. It's AWESOME though on cardboard. We recycle a lot and it's been a life-saver in terms of breaking apart boxes. My recycling container is so much neater and more compact now!

Also, the Megablocks Castle has been a huge thumbs down. The pieces literally pop off and don't fit each other tightly (like Legos). My son and I were literally shouting with frustration trying to put the castle together. The pieces aren't exactly linear so you have to kind of force them together, once you do that, and start building pieces altogether, something will randomly POP breaking the entire thing! They still sell something like it so I wonder if that's why it was clearanced. Liked they updated it or something...

My son got the castle for Christmas, and even though it took 2 grown men almost 5 hours to put it together Christmas Eve night, we havent had the problems you are experiencing. A couple of small pieces have popped off but only during rough play. My son is 6. I am thinking of using clear pvc glue to permanently glue it together though so it can be easily moved. I'm sorry yours seems to be coming apart more easily.

The Black and Decker scissors have been a disappointment. In the instructions, it says that it will easily cut through those heavy plastic toy containers (like the wrap that it came in) but it doesn't even come close! The thing keeps getting stuck in the plastic! I've tried multiple times with different kinds of plastic and they just stick and stop moving. It's AWESOME though on cardboard. We recycle a lot and it's been a life-saver in terms of breaking apart boxes. My recycling container is so much neater and more compact now!

Took a bit of experimenting with these, but the sticking problem was that I was pushing them against the plastic too hard. If you play with how much pressure you apply while using them on the plastic containers, you can get them to work fine. I was a bit annoyed initially, but once I figured it out, I was pretty happy with the purchase.

Found a TAG book by Leapfrog for $3.28 on clearance. I had a $5 coupon from newspaper(P&G) insert. The cashier said store doesn't allow coupons on clearance items. I asked manager to assist. She said couldn't use coupon since it was higher than amount of item. I asked her to adjust coupon and she adamantly refused saying it is store policy. Is this everywhere?

Found a TAG book by Leapfrog for $3.28 on clearance. I had a $5 coupon from newspaper(P&G) insert. The cashier said store doesn't allow coupons on clearance items. I asked manager to assist. She said couldn't use coupon since it was higher than amount of item. I asked her to adjust coupon and she adamantly refused saying it is store policy. Is this everywhere?

Absolutely not. I was just there using the $5 Huggies coupons for wipes and I asked the employee what happens if the coupon is more than the item to be purchased. She called the manager and I heard him tell her that she just needs to adjust the actual price of the coupon discount and they could definitely be used. Just my experience.

I'd write an email to corporate explaining what happened.

I too had a problem trying to use a coupon on a clearance item that was less than the cpn amt. I was told no by the cashier, head cashier, and LOD.

Corporate sent me an email w/ that specific coupon policy in black and white, which I now carry with me and pull out to show them when I need to.

How're the heaters doing guys, anyone seen them go to 75% from 50% (for those stores that were still at 50% last week). Anyone??

All our heaters went to 75% yesterday and I also found 1 humidifier for $7.xx down from $30.xx. Wish I could have found more.

Edited by KC-Traderbear

the other thing to remember is that the sissors have to be fully charged or they will operate too slowly to cut anything. I always try to go through the thinnest part of the outer plastic first and then sort of work my way into the thicker parts and I haven't had any problems at all. For us, they work a lot better than regular sissors.

I am, however, finding some of the items to be a bit disappointing. I'm wondering if that's why they were clearanced. I've noticed that some of the things I've purchased now have Newer/updated versions of the same product. Maybe it's the improved version?

The Black and Decker scissors have been a disappointment. In the instructions, it says that it will easily cut through those heavy plastic toy containers (like the wrap that it came in) but it doesn't even come close! The thing keeps getting stuck in the plastic! I've tried multiple times.

If you're really disappointed with an item and it's within 90 days of your purchase and you still have the original packaging, you should bring it back to Target for a refund. I have done this before and never had a problem with getting my money back.

All our heaters went to 75% yesterday and I also found 1 humidifier for $7.xx down from $30.xx. Wish I could have found more.

Where are the clearance humidifiers located?? Do you have any more info. like DCPI#, brand, etc.? (we have one right now which we've been swapping btwn two sick kids and it seems whichever one got it in their room sleeps the better :) )

Thanks for the heaters info.. I will have to go check it out tonight.

Where are the clearance humidifiers located?? Do you have any more info. like DCPI#, brand, etc.? (we have one right now which we've been swapping btwn two sick kids and it seems whichever one got it in their room sleeps the better :) )

Thanks for the heaters info.. I will have to go check it out tonight.

###085-18-0093- Holmes Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier for small rooms -$7.98 (75%)

###- Medium Honeywell Humidifier- $19.98 (50%)

###- Medium Honeywell Humidifier w/ 3 extra filters - $27.98 (30%)

###- Small Honeywell Humidifier - $6.24

These were on the end caps by all the hardware and lightbulbs. HTH!

Small Humidifiers 75%, Larger ones 50%.

I founda 1GB SD card and they also have the free shutterfly photo book in them. They are $6.48 each.

What brand is the sd card? What kind/size of free shutterfly book? That sounds cool!

I was so thrilled last night - found a stray box of clearance Pampers. It was the big box - reg $44.xx - marked $11.xx! Must have been lost in the back room or something because it was the only one and kind of shoved under the shelf where they display strollers,etc. So, the $11 less my 10% redcard discount less $2 pampers coupon - 252 diapers for $8!!!!

Also, saw heaters at 75%.

I'd take the receipt back to guest services with the coupon and tell them you forgot it before. They don't usually even bother trying to figure what is what. If the computer doesn't complain, they'll give you the money back.

the other thing to remember is that the sissors have to be fully charged or they will operate too slowly to cut anything. I always try to go through the thinnest part of the outer plastic first and then sort of work my way into the thicker parts and I haven't had any problems at all. For us, they work a lot better than regular sissors.

My hubby got me these for christmas.I always keeped them plugged in when nt in use and mine cut through anything.I love them.

Thanks everyone who posted about the heaters!

I went last night and there were 3 end caps with heaters at 30%, 50% and 75% off. I was a bit bummed as I couldn't find the one I bought at 50% and wanted to do buy/return for (even though last time there were at least 5 left.)

Then as I perimeter perused I almost didn't believe my eyes when I saw the exact one I needed in that same isle but on a diff. end cap. This was like an hr. later and I was already headed for the registers. The box was all torn which is prob. why it was still there.

I also needed diapers and there was an end cap with Huggies value boxes of diapers (inside included are 2 small pkgs. of whipes) The deal was if you buy 2 you get $10 Target gift card, which is what I did. (I think this promo ends tonight though...)

In arts & crafts dept. I saw some pinatas (sp?) at 50%. I might pick up 2 if I see them at 75%.

Also I saw those Crayola back packs (the ones with crayons, markers and chalks) on the end cap market 30%. I thought that was interesting, since I saw these 75% at this same store while they were still unmarked in the regular isle.. (anyone can tell me why that would be - just curious, because I already bought the 3 I needed when they were 75%)

I found the cat tractor also. I attempted to put it together.. big pain.. waiting for husband to finish the rest.

I've seen these also when it was still 30% off. Looked cool but I got the Spider Man ride-on instead. Was just telling hubby with weather getting warmer we need to put it together..

My local target alsso wll not let you use a coupon for anything if the amount on the coupon is more then the product. I tried to buy the johnson buddies and they told me they would not take them so off to wal-mart i went.

It is corporate policy to adjust down the coupon value. Contact corporate and have them email you a copy of their policy. Take a copy of your email whenever you shop at Target. Show them the email if they try to deny the coupon due to its higher value. You could also inform the Target team member that this policy is covered in their "Workbench."

I looked on the first page.. maybe i missed it.. My store pulled out about 10 boxes of clearance diapers from the back.. all size 6's ..Yay.. I'm watching them like a hawk. They have been 15% off now for what it seems like forever.. What day do they mark diapers down?

My store has the big green boxes of Target diapers, all size 6's, too, for $7.48.

###082-03-0192 CAT Pedal Tractor. 24.98. Found it tonight in the tricycle, ride on toy aisle of my local store. I got it for my DS to ride around outside with.

what was the regular price on these? Can you add a picture? I couldnt find one on the website. Ive been trying to find a good deal on something like this for my little guys 3 birthday in june. Anyone know if greenwood indiana has any of these?

what was the regular price on these? Can you add a picture? I couldnt find one on the website. Ive been trying to find a good deal on something like this for my little guys 3 birthday in june. Anyone know if greenwood indiana has any of these?

I've seen them at the stores up on the north side but haven't been to Target in over a week so not sure if they still have any. The Carmel West store had several last time I was in there along with the pink trikes that were clearanced......

Edited by 1angelnhvn