Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

It was on an end cap near the toys. I hadn't seen them in the store before! They are super cute and have a little hour glass that you can turn!

Thank you for the info! My SIL had a similar one w/ an electronic timer that sang a song but I haven't been able to find one like it. I will have to take a look tomorrow when I am out. Fingers Crossed.

You are right Avon does have more. I can't decide where to start because each store has 2 items I want that the other doesn't have on clearance. Have you gone to either of these stores for this sale?

Hey-just sent you a PM! I'm also wanting to get the talking dollhouse too if I can find one! DD's birthday is next Saturday and she wants that pretty bad too!!!!! (I had forgot about that one until I read it in someone elses post!)

I found that about 2/3 of the stuff was at 75% off, the rest was still at 30-50%. Some were just MARKED at 30-50, but was actually 75, but some scanned at 30 or 50. I suspect it was b/c they just didn't get to those items. Most of the ones I found that were not 75% off were just one or two items randomly, so maybe they were just stashed behind something else and the mark down people missed them. I didn't have the guts to ask the very busy-seeming employees to check on things (besides I already had a cart full).

I have developed an unhealthy obsession with this sale! ;) I really hope my #2 target has it all marked tomorrow morning so I can get what I want and move on with my life!

Hey-just sent you a PM! I'm also wanting to get the talking dollhouse too if I can find one! DD's birthday is next Saturday and she wants that pretty bad too!!!!! (I had forgot about that one until I read it in someone elses post!)

Are you talking about the Caring Corners Dollhouse?... I saw that it was going on clearance. My 3yr old got that for Christmas and LOVES it! What a deal if you get it!

Are you talking about the Caring Corners Dollhouse?... I saw that it was going on clearance. My 3yr old got that for Christmas and LOVES it! What a deal if you get it!

that's what I'm hoping for-but any kind of dollhouse will do! :) Glad to hear it's not a dud though! Will see if I can snatch one up! :)

Those of you that hit the 75% off, were all of the clearance toys 75% or were a good amount still 30-50%? I am surprised target is planning on doing certain toys one day and other toys another day (poor markdown team!)

I'd say from all the toys that were 30% off -about a fourth of them went to 75% today? Maybe a wee bit more than a fourth. Then a fourth were at 50% and half were still at about 30%.

wow tons of toys at target today. Got the imaginext safari orig 39 for 9.99 and several polo's for 1.78, several plain t shirts for 1.24 and striped t shirts for 1.48 in boys (not toddler) section. They mainly had x/s. They had tons of lunch bags clearanced but only 30% off.

Found a 16 qt roaster oven at one target for $9.98. Went to another target looking for baby shower gift and found a Evenflo Megasaucer - Farmyard normally $59.99 for $29.99. This target had several of the 16 qt roaster ovens left but they were still $19.98. How weird since the two store are 10 miles apart at the most. Oh well I'll check back. This thread has been so helpful. Thanks!!!

I have developed an unhealthy obsession with this sale! ;) I really hope my #2 target has it all marked tomorrow morning so I can get what I want and move on with my life!

Ok, I am obsessed too but my other obsession right know is with shnoop.com, which is off topic but they have been having crazy good sales on strollers!! I have to check like 10 times a day since it's a deal of the day thing, I just can't stop buying strollers. I bought 2 Valco Buggsters at $107 with shipping (reg. $295), 5 Silver Cross Micro V2's at $38 shipped (can order at BRU for $69 + shipping) , and today I decided to try the Silver Cross Dazzle at $107 Shipped ($299 retail but can be found for $250). This is in 3 days, I actually have 8 strollers being delivered to my house next week!!! To my defense I have been dying for a Buggster since I got the Valco Runabout and love it so much I bought 1 for me and one to flip on craigslist (I did the same thing with the Runabout when I caught it on at 70% off and made $100 so my Runabout ended up costing me $120 and it retails for $480 not on sale). Next I always wanted a Silver Cross since they are always wonderful and the the Micro V2's was the deal of the day the the following day, can you believe it. I snagged a couple extra for friends that are expecting or just had a baby to justify the 5. Then just today they had the Silver Cross Dazzle for $107 shipped and I just couldn't pass that up either, figured I would keep 2 or 3 out of my haul (I LOVE great strollers) and hook up a couple of friends and sell the extra one to soften the blow.

See there are worst obsessions then a toy sale that happens once a year!! :)

Things are definitely being done a bit differently at some of the KC stores this year. I got out a bit this afternoon, and stores that I knew hadn't marked anything down this morning were in fact down to 75% off, but only here and there... not everything like previous years. There are a couple stores who didn't appear to have done markdowns since yesterday, but some stores did mark things to 50%, some things to 75%. The odd thing is that if they are doing this a little at a time like someone mentioned, that is not characteristic of this sale at all. I mean in the past it's one day and bam, it's over. So, if those stores who did mark things to 50% today go back tomorrow or Friday and mark them to 75%, that is just plain weird and this will be the first year that something like this has happened... at least that I'm aware of! Now, if they wait a week before doing any more marks, that is at least a little more in line, but to have a markdown team working on a department doing a little each day is a much different approach. It's probably a really much more fair way to doing it, that's for sure... gives lots of shoppers a chance without people going to nuts all at once.

Any other information for the other stores in Kansas City?

I ran over to Mission after someone posted about that store and there was still quite a bit left at 4ish... I saw some things that I passed on (I'm very proud of myself)... that puppet theatre is way up high on the back shelf for $17.xx if anyone is interested in that (someone on hear was talking about it). The Polly Pocket Shop the Mall thingy is $12.xx. I also passed on lots of cute Little People sets.

Things are definitely being done a bit differently at some of the KC stores this year. I got out a bit this afternoon, and stores that I knew hadn't marked anything down this morning were in fact down to 75% off, but only here and there... not everything like previous years. There are a couple stores who didn't appear to have done markdowns since yesterday, but some stores did mark things to 50%, some things to 75%. The odd thing is that if they are doing this a little at a time like someone mentioned, that is not characteristic of this sale at all. I mean in the past it's one day and bam, it's over. So, if those stores who did mark things to 50% today go back tomorrow or Friday and mark them to 75%, that is just plain weird and this will be the first year that something like this has happened... at least that I'm aware of! Now, if they wait a week before doing any more marks, that is at least a little more in line, but to have a markdown team working on a department doing a little each day is a much different approach. It's probably a really much more fair way to doing it, that's for sure... gives lots of shoppers a chance without people going to nuts all at once.

Here's my theory on this...they may be hoping that people keep coming back to "check" and will buy some 30% off and 50% off toys while buying the 75% off ones (for fear of them disappearing, or just cause they arent serious toy shoppers like us and think that's a decent % off a toy :D ). The manager at one of mine said it was the economy that made corporate take a different approach this year.

It's good in a way though cause i couldn't have fit any more in my cart...i had to have someone help me to my car w/another cart once it was all bagged!:cheesy: yes, i have a problem!:yup:

Here's my theory on this...they may be hoping that people keep coming back to "check" and will buy some 30% off and 50% off toys while buying the 75% off ones (for fear of them disappearing, or just cause they arent serious toy shoppers like us and think that's a decent % off a toy :D ). The manager at one of mine said it was the economy that made corporate take a different approach this year.

It's good in a way though cause i couldn't have fit any more in my cart...i had to have someone help me to my car w/another cart once it was all bagged!:cheesy: yes, i have a problem!:yup:

I agree. I've had my eye on that stupid Little Pony Amusement Park since Christmas, but it's been 30% off FOREVER. I finally just "misplaced it" last night cause "I knew" today was going to be the markdown day and it was late in the evening. When I got to that store later this evening, they were all gone, so I figured, "oh goodie," and went to retrieve mine! It did get marked down today, but only to 1/2. I thought , "oh H#LL, I'm just taking it" I can't stand waiting for it to go to 75% any longer!!!! So, they got me on that one, but I will still keep my eye out in case I find it cheaper. :yup:

KC Traderbear, which stores in kansas city did you stop by today? I didn't see anything at the one in stanley. Do you think they will be marking things down first thing in the morning or should I wait until later in the day?

Thanks

I would go to Stanly in the morning... matter of fact, I think that is where I'm starting. All my kiddos (including my 3yo) are in school, so praise the lord I can get around a bit faster. The other good store to start at would be Oak Park. They are always very prompt about getting to markdowns in the morning, but the guy that does most of them at that store is a real PITA about marking things for people. He just stops and leaves the aisle like a pouty little boy.

I stopped at OP Super on BV Parkway tonight and there were a few things marked down to 75%, but as I said in a different post, more was just marked down to 50%.

oh, I am so tired of worrying about this sale!! I went this morning and nothing going on, and plan on being there at 8am tomorrow, but am really stressed because of the midday markdowns everyone was finding. I will be SOOOO mad if they did that and i missed it after going everyday for the last week! oh well, nothing i can do about it now. i know that our target does not have as much good stuff as others have found since i have been there everyday looking, but I want in on this sale and we only have one target in our area.uGHGHHG

I know exactly how you feel. I remember when I was first shopping this toy craziness, I would actually have trouble sleeping the night before wondering which dang store I should start with and whether I would "get all the stuff" I wanted. LOL... NUTS!!! I am not as worked up over it anymore and really only have specific things that I am after now. But, I used to get a flippin stomach ache just thinking/obsessing about it!

I am just hoping that the S'mores ponies that are everywhere around here do not pass my gaze at 75% off. They are so cute. We got my daughter Butterscotch when that went on sale and now it just sits in the toy room with a carrot hanging around it's neck. Poor thing doesn't see much action at all. I keep thinking I should buy S'mores to keep it company.

I know exactly how you feel. I remember when I was first shopping this toy craziness, I would actually have trouble sleeping the night before wondering which dang store I should start with and whether I would "get all the stuff" I wanted. LOL... NUTS!!! I am not as worked up over it anymore and really only have specific things that I am after now. But, I used to get a flippin stomach ache just thinking/obsessing about it!

I am just hoping that the S'mores ponies that are everywhere around here do not pass my gaze at 75% off. They are so cute. We got my daughter Butterscotch when that went on sale and now it just sits in the toy room with a carrot hanging around it's neck. Poor thing doesn't see much action at all. I keep thinking I should buy S'mores to keep it company.

LOL..you are a woman after my own heart...I think i'm more excited about the toy sale than my DD7 is! And by the way...I'm after Biscuit because my DD says that Butterscotch needs a friend! I'm also after the MLP amusement park...but i'm holding out for 75%!!!!

Um, I still have trouble sleeping before big sales. Black Friday, 75/90% off Christmas, 75% off toys, etc. I did sleep last night but I was dreaming about toys!!