Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

About the stroller--went to 2 stores today and the 1st had 1 on the floor and the 2nd had 4 so keep looking. both were at 30% and I'm waiting for 50% (and hoping it'll still be there). PM me to remind me if you need the dcpi and I'll get it for you. It's on my cell phone which is in the car or I'd post it now.

Sent you a PM!

No toy changes in South-ish OC today. Heading back tomorrow.

I did see a nice baby swing for 75% off at the Foothill Ranch store. Didn't get any info on it, but there were a couple sitting on the regular shelf area.

Foothill Ranch is also the only store around doing the extra 30% on clothes.

I've been stalking the Targets around me waiting for the 75% off but so far no luck. I did get two Cosco Comfort Ride Plus strollers (one for me and one for a friend) for $14.98 today reg $29.99. I would have preferred to buy them at 75% but was afraid I'd miss out. I also saw a couple of the Sit and Stand Deluxes at 50% off. I got a lot of the clearance baby/toddler clothes but none of the stores I went to were having the extra 30% off of clearance. When I was at the Fenton and SoCo stores this AM, toys were still 15 and 30%. Now I'm bummed thinking they may have marked them down this afternoon and it's too cold to drag my kiddos back out to look! I might try to venture out in the morning when I drop my two oldest off at school. Anyone else have any luck in the St. Louis area?

DH went to Vogel rd. store at lunch and they were still 30 & 50%. He went to south county just now and they are still at 30%.....though he did find some men's clothes 75% including flannel sleep pants for $2.xx. Maybe I have finally lured him to the dark side..LOL :cool:

Ok, so my first Target was still at 30% off...but the second was VERY interesting! about 1/2 of the toys were 75% off and the rest still 30%...you had to check each red tag for the correct price (yes, i scanned some of the 30% off to confirm)...the signs all said 30% off. I spoke with a manager and he said that Target it going about the sale differently this year, by having it a week later than usual and by staggering the discounting! This was at the Brandywine DE Target (yep, no tax!)

A HUGE thanks for the heads up. After I read your post I booked it to my Target and that's indeed how it was! There was still a full aisle with 30% off and the second aisle had half 50% off and half 75% off! The best thing was, there were only a few of us shopping so I could get lots of things on my wish list! The same thing at Target #2 but then Target #3 still had everything at 30% off.

The Target associate I talked to (I think he was the manager) told me exactly what the PP said. That SOME toys were marked at 50/75% off TODAY so the 50% offs won't go to 75% until a few days later (he said possibly by the end of the week but mostly likely early next week). Said things were being done a little differently this year.

The crazy thing was, I thought I was being careful by calling 2 different Targets WITH a dcpi number and they were both still ringing up at 30%. The guest services cashier looked it up and everything! This was around 9am. They apparently did mark downs DURING THE DAY because when I went around 3pm the same item was now at 75% off! FYI: It was the Little Tykes Castle Slide originally $69.99 that I got (the last one) for $17.xx!!!!

I recommend checking your Targets personally and not relying on what they tell you on the phone -EVEN if you have an dcpi number! I'm so glad I went today because I would have missed out on all the deals by Thursday morning!

hmm...I'm glad you went out and scored! it's nice to be an inspiration :) lol...haha...i'm trying my best to wait until morning to hit up the one that was all 30% off this morning...hopefully they haven't gotten all creative with the afternoon clearancing like yours did and i'll be able to score a biscuit 75% off.

Darn! I was at Niskayuna Target this morning and toys were still 30% - there were people in the toy section but I thought they were putting new stuff up. It looks like I should've went back! Hopefully I'm wrong and they mark down tomorrow morning.

Did however get 3 bags full of clothes for $33! 30% additional off clearance prices.

hmm...I'm glad you went out and scored! it's nice to be an inspiration :) lol...haha...i'm trying my best to wait until morning to hit up the one that was all 30% off this morning...hopefully they haven't gotten all creative with the afternoon clearancing like yours did and i'll be able to score a biscuit 75% off.

Seriously! I'm planning to hit the 30% off Target tomorrow too!

BTW, are you going to try your Target again -the one with the 75% discounts you got today? I'm wondering if they'll do additional markdowns even though the manager at one of them said they wouldn't. But maybe he just wasn't sure (or maybe he was wrong).

I went to my normal Target and saw someone I knew working the markdowns in mens. I asked her about the toys and she said that they have them coming in at 5am to mark just the toys.

I visited another store around noon and no mark downs and I over heard two employees saying "Where are all the guns? no one is here from the mark down team, they all should be available."

I am going to be sooo sad if eveything changed tonight. Bad news we are expecting 12 inches of snow tonight.

Seriously! I'm planning to hit the 30% off Target tomorrow too!

BTW, are you going to try your Target again -the one with the 75% discounts you got today? I'm wondering if they'll do additional markdowns even though the manager at one of them said they wouldn't. But maybe he just wasn't sure (or maybe he was wrong).

I will definately hit the same Target again :yup: but after the other one (that was 30% totally today)...the manager stated that they have marked down the toys every day this week, a little at a time...and implied that they would all be down by the end of the week/early next week...i'm thinking they will all be 75% tomorrow morning...i'm hoping anyways.

I really hope that my Target goes 75% off tomorrow and ALL toys go 75% off. I really want 2 of the fisher price dvd players. 1 for each of my girls. They broke the last portable dvd player by dropping it:( They had about 15 of the dvd players on Tuesday:) My store which is the only Target within a 1hr driving distance so no big ticket items like smore, biscuit, or kota:mad:

I will definately hit the same Target again :yup: but after the other one (that was 30% totally today)...the manager stated that they have marked down the toys every day this week, a little at a time...and implied that they would all be down by the end of the week/early next week...i'm thinking they will all be 75% tomorrow morning...i'm hoping anyways.

It will be interesting to see if that happens, as it never has, and none of the gals who work the markdown teams here have ever heard of such a thing at Target.

I'm glad you heard the same thing from your Target associate. Mine also said end of the week/early next week. Seemed like he was the manager because I asked a younger girl first (she was scanning the toys while I was there!) and she said she wasn't sure and pointed to the other guy and said, "He should know!" so I asked him. He seemed "pretty" sure that there would be no additional markdowns tomorrow but I'm not leaving it to chance!

I'll also be hitting the Target that had only 30% off. It'll be interesting if they do ALL 75% or do it like the other two Targets with some at 50% and some at 75% (and some remaining at 30%).

What is everyone heading out to get in the morning??? I would love some ideas....I know I want the fisher price dvd players and leapster stuff. Also the step 2 ladder, workbench, art easel, everything WALL-E and Dora(daughter is obsessed!!!). I have a feeling I might end up wanting more when I see the prices at 75% off though:)

Darn! I was at Niskayuna Target this morning and toys were still 30% - there were people in the toy section but I thought they were putting new stuff up. It looks like I should've went back! Hopefully I'm wrong and they mark down tomorrow morning.

Did however get 3 bags full of clothes for $33! 30% additional off clearance prices.

Niskayuna will probably be tomorrow AM. They didn't go early last time.

What is everyone heading out to get in the morning??? QUOTE]

I will be there right at 8am (I have the babysitter coming at 7:30am), today when I arrived at 8:15 at the first store they were already done with the markdowns they had to make. Plus I want to be there if they pull out any gems out of the back like the Kota I got this morning. Side note is they were having a team meeting by the toys after they were done and before the resetting started and the team leader was talking about how they will be able to get away from the toys after this week and start focusing on other areas next week so I am taking it to mean that everything will go 75% in that store by Friday.

The second store was different, I hit it in the morning and didn't see an additional items marked down around 9am but came home and saw on here that some were being done in the afternoon so I headed back around 3 and that's when i found the Millennium Falcon at 75% off. I wasn't smart enough to look for the Didj Star Wars Bundle though, I know that store already had it at 50% so I am kicking myself for forgetting.

I have a couple of other stores within 20 minutes I might try in the afternoon if things go well in the morning.

I've been stalking the Targets around me waiting for the 75% off but so far no luck. I did get two Cosco Comfort Ride Plus strollers (one for me and one for a friend) for $14.98 today reg $29.99. I would have preferred to buy them at 75% but was afraid I'd miss out. I also saw a couple of the Sit and Stand Deluxes at 50% off. I got a lot of the clearance baby/toddler clothes but none of the stores I went to were having the extra 30% off of clearance. When I was at the Fenton and SoCo stores this AM, toys were still 15 and 30%. Now I'm bummed thinking they may have marked them down this afternoon and it's too cold to drag my kiddos back out to look! I might try to venture out in the morning when I drop my two oldest off at school. Anyone else have any luck in the St. Louis area?

I went today to the ones in Fenton. Still 15-50%. Please post tomorrow if you go and they have gone to 75%. I've already got a babysitter lined up just in case! :D

I will be there right at 8am (I have the babysitter coming at 7:30am), today when I arrived at 8:15 at the first store they were already done with the markdowns they had to make. Plus I want to be there if they pull out any gems out of the back like the Kota I got this morning.

I wish my T had some hidden in the back but when I checked the dcpi on the little scanners it said none in stock:no:

I wish I didn't have to go into work tomorrow, I have about 30min to shop before I have to be there:( I'll head back after work, I'm hoping they cancel the monthly teacher's meeting:)

Here are my purchases from today from 2 different Targets..

The weird thing is that my receipt doesn't show the original price -just the discounted price. So I'm not sure of some of the original prices. And before each item is "NFC" not sure what that stands for (something 'final clearance'?).

204090374 Little Tikes Climb & Slide Castle: originally $69.99 paid $17.25:g_dance: This was on the top of my wish list. Like I mentioned earlier, I called 2 Targets at 9am and both were scanning at $48.xx but when I went to one later it was $17.25. They must have done markdowns during the day!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412XRF9497L._AA260_.jpg

086022268 Bratz Lil' Angelz Pet Doctor Time Play Set originally $24.99 paid $6.24

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415f%2BdoJN4L._AA260_.jpg

086022117 My Little Pony Ponyville Carrying Case (comes with 4 Little Ponies) originally $14.99 paid $3.74

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XXCjG0CmL._AA260_.jpg

086120350 Flower & Dinosaur Tooth Brush Holders (these come with little hour glasses!) originally $11.99 paid $2.98

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410R3rUejjL._AA260_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41B%2BHPrLOEL._AA260_.jpg

204031075 Ocean Wonders Aquarium with Remote originally $34.99 paid $9.04

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qUTDqDJxL._AA260_.jpg

204031075 Fisher Price Sesame Street Learning Fun laptop originally paid $7.48

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519Cwp1%2BuYL._AA260_.jpg

204033014 Sesame Street Elmo's World Silly Sounds Guitar originally $27.99 paid $6.98

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41wKoN%2B2F1L._AA260_.jpg

204033031 Fisher-Price Little People Learn About Town playset $44.99 paid $12.48

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511uYlWqE%2BL._AA260_.jpg

Not sure about the original prices on these since I couldn't find them on the target website.

204070717 Sesame Street Abby Cadabby K'nex $3.74

204070740 Dora Megablocks set $1.74

086050260 Barbie Wand $1.88

086022088 Littlest Pet Shop Advent Calendar 2 @ $3.24 each

oh, I am so tired of worrying about this sale!! I went this morning and nothing going on, and plan on being there at 8am tomorrow, but am really stressed because of the midday markdowns everyone was finding. I will be SOOOO mad if they did that and i missed it after going everyday for the last week! oh well, nothing i can do about it now. i know that our target does not have as much good stuff as others have found since i have been there everyday looking, but I want in on this sale and we only have one target in our area.uGHGHHG